Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 123456752 ... LastLast

Thread: Bricktown

Default Re: Bricktown

I actually like the "teaser threads", many times it shakes out info that most of us did not know.

Remember the Crossroads Mall World Market Center? There is countless info in that thread that I did not know. LOL.

Blog Entries

If we wanted only after the fact info we would just read the newspaper and stay off the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    If we wanted only after the fact info we would just read the newspaper and stay off the boards.
    Rover, most of it isn't really information, it's just speculation. I know speculation can be fun but it's not information. Usually it's an "I know something you don't but I can't tell" kind of thread. That seems to be more of an ego thing. I'm sure that's not true in every case but it happens a lot.

work has started on 201 E. Main Street

The building permit for 201 E. Main lists the renovation as a Club/Tavern.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    The building permit for 201 E. Main lists the renovation as a Club/Tavern.
    It is a very tiny building.

Also the building to the west of the Buffalo Nickel garden is making progress- "Future Home of Standley Systems"

I heard there's going to be a new entertainment venue in Bricktown, anyone heard anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    I heard there's going to be a new entertainment venue in Bricktown, anyone heard anything about this?
    I heard the Wormy Dog is moving into a larger location and will re-open as an entertainment venue.

Music, entertainment complex planned for east Bricktown in Oklahoma City | NewsOK.com

I wonder if they are going to stick to country/red dirt or have a broader range of genres perform there.

9. Default Re: Bricktown

Feb 1 2013 OKC Central Chat transcript

OKC Central Chat transcript, Feb. 1, 2013 | News OK

Bricktown is going to get some cool, much needed new entertainment venues.
    Nothing else new.

11. Default Re: Bricktown

Nice hall-in-the-wall.

What happened to their old space? I didn't realize they had closed...

13. Default Re: Bricktown

It only closed for the move, immediately after Christmas.

New sign coming to the Main Street entrance -- similar to one located at Sheridan.

They will be relocating the height restriction signage.

That's fine. I wonder why this wasn't done a long time ago.

It's funny, I've never paid mind to a one over Sheridan because I'm used to the one over Reno that they always show on Fox Sports OK during Thunder games.

I think it would be cool to have signage on both sides of the overpass.

For example, look at this pic:

Wouldn't it look nice if there was a sign on that overpass like

Now Leaving B R I C K T O W N

(i.e. small lettering in front of the standard "Bricktown" sign)

The other direction (coming in) would be:

Welcome To B R I C K T O W N

Don't want to confuse people. People think Bricktown means the entire downtown area as it is, we don't need to blur that even more.

19. Default Re: Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    New sign coming to the Main Street entrance -- similar to one located at Sheridan.

They will be relocating the height restriction signage.

Is that the parking meter reader parked under the bridge? Looks like he is just waiting on my meter to expire!

I think if people are leaving Bricktown, they're going to know that they're going into "Downtown" with all the tall buildings in front of them.

You'd be surprised at the number of people I have talked to who have been to the Myriad Gardens in Bricktown, or Red Prime or Hideaway in Bricktown.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Don't want to confuse people. People think Bricktown means the entire downtown area as it is, we don't need to blur that even more.
    This, it also doesn't help when our local "journalists" and reporters lend a hand to referring to downtown as "Bricktown". I cringe every time I hear the word anymore because of the abuse of the word. For example, Steve's article a day or two ago about the new hotel, mentioned this new hotel would bring the Bricktown hotel count to 1400 rooms. Bricktown has 1400 rooms?

You'd be surprised at the number of people I have talked to who have been to the Myriad Gardens in Bricktown, or Red Prime or Hideaway in Bricktown.

That's kind of sad.

But you know, for such people I think that a "Welcome To Bricktown" and "Now Leaving Bricktown" signage would actually clarify things. They're probably interpreting the current signage as being a marker for the whole downtown area.

Okay then those people need to live in this world:

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    This, it also doesn't help when our local "journalists" and reporters lend a hand to referring to downtown as "Bricktown". I cringe every time I hear the word anymore because of the abuse of the word. For example, Steve's article a day or two ago about the new hotel, mentioned this new hotel would bring the Bricktown hotel count to 1400 rooms. Bricktown has 1400 rooms?
    Steve's article says the following:

"If all of the hotels are built, Bricktown will be home to more than 1,400 rooms, with the total investment topping $100 million."

So, yes - between the existing and the "nine hotels either announced, being designed or under construction," there are 1,400 rooms in Bricktown.

Also, I'm not sure "journalists" needs quotes around it when referring to Steve.

Thread Information