Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halloween october 30th?

Default Re: Halloween october 30th?

They are saying its a $100 fine if you are caught trick or treating on sunday in moore. Wonder if thats for each kid? lol

2. Default Re: Halloween october 30th?

Quote Originally Posted by bunchakids View Post
    They are saying its a $100 fine if you are caught trick or treating on sunday in moore. Wonder if thats for each kid? lol
    Nah. Moore can't just make up a rule in an instant. If its not in the books, then they can't give out tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Nah. Moore can't just make up a rule in an instant. If its not in the books, then they can't give out tickets.
    What about laws about soliciatation and trespassing? I would hope they would not do that to anyone.

4. Default Re: Halloween october 30th?

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    What about laws about soliciatation and trespassing? I would hope they would not do that to anyone.
    If they do that, there will be an uproar against Moore.

OMG that is crazy, this with make national news if true

Quote Originally Posted by bunchakids View Post
    Source?

We've lived in other communities where Halloween was moved from a Sunday night; plenty of publicity via the local papers at the time; kids showed up for treats on Saturday; no one ever showed on a Sunday if the "official" day was Saturday. No big deal.

We just finished our Halloween celebration in our neighborhood; LOTS of kiddos because of the great weather; started about 6, we shut our porch light off at 8, so hubby could watch the game. Probably had 150+ kids; our neighborhood does a big wing-ding for it; lots of houses do yard decor; parents walk around with their kids in groups; we have those who drive in from outside the neighborhood. Plus, the Cleveland Co. deputies and auxiliary are here to hand out candy and just be a "presence" in the neighborhood, talking with and interacting with residents and visitors. It is all very positive.

Our neighborhood south of SW 89th & May is usually really busy at Halloween but last night we sat out with the candy and we maybe had 25 kids come by when we usually have hundreds. We sat out from 6:30 until a little after 8PM and it was just really slow. We live on a cul-de-sac and normally most of the houses are giving out candy but there were only 2 of us last night. I drove out to go grab some food around 7:30 and there was hardly anybody trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. I'm hoping tonight is better, otherwise I am going to have a lot of candy to eat myself!

same thing. i took my kids to 4 different nieghborhoods, there would be a cluster of 4-6 houses handing out candy, the the rest of the area dark, there was i would say 60-70 percent of houses that where dark and not handing out candy.. kinda sad downtown moore at 4 pm was crowded for the trick or treat event though

Thread Information