Widgets Magazine

Thread: Eagle Point Apts Burns down

Default Eagle Point Apts Burns down

Another prized slum apt complex closed by the city Burns to the ground.
    Eagle point apts located at Scott and I-40 burned down Friday night under suspicious circumstances.

2. Default Re: Eagle Point Apts Burns down

All of the buildings? I drove by on the highway and did not notice it. :-/

This still hurts me deeply of losing my home after being there for 3 years. If only the city did not condemn them and did not terminate the water supply. The city should've done a more aggressive action to seek improvements and refer to a debt collection agency for unpaid water dues for them to quickly catch up on payments.

I'll never forget how hard the staff and management worked there with what limited budget they were allowed with by the company. I'll never forget the times living there, the fun times, getting my first cat, enjoying the holidays there with decorations, contests for rent reduction prizes, and so much more.

Once was a glorious place to live. Now it is all gone... thanks to Del City.

Default Re: Eagle Point Apts Burns down

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post

Once was a glorious place to live. Now it is all gone... thanks to Del City.
    No Thunder, thanks to a california slumlord who refused..........REFUSED ....to put money into that complex, only take it out

4. Default Re: Eagle Point Apts Burns down

I did some search and came across an article about the management in California. It was stated that they tried really hard, but was hitting roadblocks with Del City's restrictions. Appears to me that the city had a hidden agenda to slowly choke the complex and to simply point the blame on the management.

Thunder, again, you are an idiot. And by the way, the City didn't condemn the entire complex until the owner gave the residents notice to move out on his own and then stopped paying the water bill. Check back on the newspaper articles. By the way, the same owner defaulted on the mortgage, which caused the bank to get its doors locked by the feds. I'm sure he would have worked things out on his own...like he did after the lady fell through the floor into the nasty apartment below hers....check your newspaper articles for that one too...

Of course, you are the one who thinks that the state will need to widen I-35 just to handle the shoppers from Texas headed for Crossroads Mall.....what is your affinity for crappy things?

I know it may inconvience a few folks but, Del City and Oklahoma City need to work together to refresh the area just east of Downtown OKC. I think it is time for every city in the metro to work to establish strict code enforcement polices for apartments. There is no reason for any apartment complex to fall in to disrepair, let alone become a crime haven. Money is constantly coming in every month to help address these issue.

Metro, let's face it. Eagle Point was as about as bad as get's. It's pretty bad when you could identify the place by the massive amounts of street lights that were lit around the complex. Every time I drove by the place, it reminded me of a prison.

Eagle Point, Logan Point, Lyrewood Lane and 10th street are living proof aparment communities need to be well maintained, limited to no more than 2-3 in a 3-5 mile radius and limted to no more than 200 units per complex. When you have too many in one area and too many units on one property, the landlords become focused on the quantity of the tenants instead of the quality of the tenants.

i saw that. one of the buildings was completely engulfed in flames and there wasnt a firetruck around for for miles

8. Default Re: Eagle Point Apts Burns down

Quote Originally Posted by PHXguyinOKC View Post
    i saw that. one of the buildings was completely engulfed in flames and there wasnt a firetruck around for for miles
    LOL! Fire Dept is like 2 or 3 miles down the road. I need to go by to check if its my apt or not. Last time I was there, I was heartbroken to see the holes in my walls. I could see it from outside of another apt next to it, thru the window, I could see holes in these walls thru my place. Really sad. It was my home. :-(

Im sorry but everything in the 1-40 Scott area street is a slum hole that needs to be burned down, much like Nottingham Apts in Moore. Problem is the roaches scatter...

Quote Originally Posted by PHXguyinOKC View Post
    give it a break, the FD is just over 1.5 miles from the location, and responded in less than two minutes after it was reported.
    I heard the whole thing on the scanner...........

Quote Originally Posted by drum4no1 View Post
    Im sorry but everything in the 1-40 Scott area street is a slum hole that needs to be burned down, much like Nottingham Apts in Moore. Problem is the roaches scatter...
    been by there lately,? No apts left to go or continue slum. The APts on the North side are all gone thanks to the Citizen Pott tribe and thanks to cool nights and transients the ones on the south side are fast going away..................Havent seen it yet but I hear there is a great story in the Oklahoman about those apts and the slum lord and the trouble from trying to get property owners to clean up their trash.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    I know it may inconvience a few folks but, Del City and Oklahoma City need to work together to refresh the area just east of Downtown OKC. I think it is time for every city in the metro to work to establish strict code enforcement polices for apartments. There is no reason for any apartment complex to fall in to disrepair, let alone become a crime haven. Money is constantly coming in every month to help address these issue.

Metro, let's face it. Eagle Point was as about as bad as get's. It's pretty bad when you could identify the place by the massive amounts of street lights that were lit around the complex. Every time I drove by the place, it reminded me of a prison.

Eagle Point, Logan Point, Lyrewood Lane and 10th street are living proof aparment communities need to be well maintained, limited to no more than 2-3 in a 3-5 mile radius and limted to no more than 200 units per complex. When you have too many in one area and too many units on one property, the landlords become focused on the quantity of the tenants instead of the quality of the tenants.
    Dude, why are you calling me out on this thread I didn't even comment on it.......what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Dude, why are you calling me out on this thread I didn't even comment on it.......what gives?
    Yeah good point.........................Im curious also

Sorry My Mistake.... I meant to say THUNDER. Your good in my book Metro.

Thread Information