Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bringing Russian Sam to OKC

1. Default Bringing Russian Sam to OKC

Is it possible? You bet. Are some people trying to make it happen? Absolutely. Can OKC Talk help in this mission? That answer is up to you. More details coming soon.

Default Re: Bringing Russian Sam to OKC

How exciting!

This is a great idea...he has chosen OKC to model...we should return the favor. He is quite talented. Keep us posted on how to help. What part of Russia is he from?

MadMonk Guest

This is what I think of when I read the term "Russian Sam"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sam6-tank.jpg 
Views:	1818 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	638
    Who/what are you talking about?

Those arent' the kinds of models he makes. You should check out the other threads - his work is really amazing:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4453322...7624599353907/

6. Default Re: Bringing Russian Sam to OKC

I'll rely on one of the thread cops to link the right thread for background on this matter.

Steve, is this what you were just tweeting about with regards to a member of the Oklahoma Congressional delgation?

8. Default Re: Bringing Russian Sam to OKC

Absolutely. If any of you have contacts who work with our congressional delegation, tell them to call me.

9. Default Re: Bringing Russian Sam to OKC

As a columnist with The Oklahoman, I have approached my bosses about NewsOK working with architect Dennis Wells, his employer, Miles Associates, and Creative Oklahoma in an endeavor to bring Russian Sam to Oklahoma City to the World Creativity Forum. It won't be easy, and we will have some extraordinary challenges to overcome. And that's why all of you on OKC Talk who have followed this project are key to helping make this a reality. More to come...

You might get some cooperation from the people in Tulsa as well, since he is currently doing a model of DT Tulsa.

Tulsa???? He's coming to OKC not Tulsa. He's coming to a big league city,not Tulsa town.

Just kiddin ya but had to get this in before someone else did. Russian Sam could do a state tour!
    It would be nice to have Sam in for the Lemans race downtown.

Yeah I originally started talking to Russian Sam viarivate messages right when he started making The OKC model I then started a thread here in OKCTalk and also in Tulsanow!Russian Sam is also working on Midland,TX also!He is a very talented young man from St. Petersburg Russia!

Does he have to get a visa to come to the united states? I am not sure if russian's can travel without them to the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    Does he have to get a visa to come to the united states? I am not sure if russian's can travel without them to the USA.
    Yes, that is a requirement. Ironically, the Dept of State models each country's visa requirement with what they reciprocate with toward American citizens. Why this is ironic is because you can get an invitation for a visa mailed to you from any youth hostel or hotel in Russia, whereas it's much harder to get an U.S. visa.

I may be going to St Petersburg for an extended period of time early next year and I would really love to meet up with Elijah if he's around, and take a little bit of Oklahoma to him.

15. Default Re: Bringing Russian Sam to OKC

OK gang, here's the first task for you to be a part of bringing "Russian Sam" to Oklahoma City.
    As many of you know, OKC Talk played a critical role in beginning conversations between Elijah (Russian Sam) and local residents.
    I need help compiling a timeline. Some of you first met Elijah on the skyscraper forum. I need, ASAP, a timeline of when he first posted about his downtown OKC model project on the skyscraper forum, including a link to that thread. I also need a timeline on when this project was first introduced to the OKC Talk forum.
    This is a moment to show OKC Talk at its very best. Pete, thanks for making this forum a reality.

Didn't you already do a blog post or article on this awhile back? How far has the fundraising progressed, is there a way you or Dennis can give us an update on how close it is?

Also, I would ask if I built a paper model of Moscow if you guys would pay for me to visit Moscow, but I'm afraid it'd be a one way ticket. lol

17. Default Re: Bringing Russian Sam to OKC

Metro, an update is in the works. This is a very, very challenging task and Dennis Wells is doing a great service to the community by taking up this task along with Creative Oklahoma (yes, they're all on board now)

18. Default Re: Bringing Russian Sam to OKC

I'm really hoping to hear one of you will take me up on this request....

Steve, hope this helps.

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=21946

I don't have time at the moment to do a timeline or research, but maybe this can help get someone started.

20. Default Re: Bringing Russian Sam to OKC

Thanks sir! I'm not wired in to the the Skycraper site, so I'm really hoping someone who was involved with that discussion can help out here. This timeline is needed to help bring Elijah to Oklahoma City. The more we can show how this discussion evolved, the better. And ASAP.

Has The Oklahoman done a story on Sam...it would be a nice thing to do--if they have not already.

22. Default Re: Bringing Russian Sam to OKC

Yes, I've done several stories. I'm doing more. Folks, trust me on this one - I'm doing my part. Now, partner up, help!

10-4 Steve-O...you can make it happen...

24. Default Re: Bringing Russian Sam to OKC

No! WE can make it happen!

Hope Sam is reading this...he has friends across the pond...

Thread Information