Widgets Magazine

Thread: Rose Field

1. Default Rose Field

OK, so has anyone been to MWC football game since the Del City game? I went to that game and the sound system wasn't working. The new field looked great and all, but if the sound system doesn't work.....I'm just curious if they fixed it yet.

I really wish they would bulldoze the stands too. Those rusbucket crappy things suck. Great field, horrible seating.

I will say, the district asked all the coches before they listed the turf on the bond issue, on whether or not to do the turf or build a new single district wide stadium (like every other district in the world does). And guess who was the only school that didn't want it....CA, I'm shocked. What pisses me off is, why did they even ask. It's not like the coaches should be able to make that decision. And if they two 6A schools say yes, why does the 1 5A coach override that? We COULD have had a really nice, and larger, stadium on 15th, right smack in the middle of the district, but instead we still have crap.

Default Re: Rose Field

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    OK, so has anyone been to MWC football game since the Del City game? I went to that game and the sound system wasn't working. The new field looked great and all, but if the sound system doesn't work.....I'm just curious if they fixed it yet.

I really wish they would bulldoze the stands too. Those rusbucket crappy things suck. Great field, horrible seating.

I will say, the district asked all the coches before they listed the turf on the bond issue, on whether or not to do the turf or build a new single district wide stadium (like every other district in the world does). And guess who was the only school that didn't want it....CA, I'm shocked. What pisses me off is, why did they even ask. It's not like the coaches should be able to make that decision. And if they two 6A schools say yes, why does the 1 5A coach override that? We COULD have had a really nice, and larger, stadium on 15th, right smack in the middle of the district, but instead we still have crap.
    Yes, the sound system has worked for every game since DC.

Man, that was odd watching the Del City game without the announcer. It just didn't feel right.

Don't know about the ohter schools, but I can see why CA didn't want the single stadium. It would be nightmare scheduling wise for home games among 3 schools with 3 different AD's. I myself think the 3 stadium set up is better for the foact that each school has a true home stadium. With the turf installed the upkeep and watering bills disappear so maybe that money could be used to build new seating at Rose field for next year, even thought the locker rooms under the stands are cool to me.

4. Default Re: Rose Field

So Edmond, PC, Moore, and Norman all can't do it huh? They all have stadiums 100 million times nicer than ours. We are the ONLY district that doesnt share a stadium and each high school has it's own ( in districts with multiple high schools...obviously ). We can keep CA's or DC's or MC's whoever's for the "middle school" field just like the other districts have done and then consolidate stadiums. You have 2 stadiums instead of 3 that way. And the middle school one is never anywhere close to the level the high school one is.

Personally, I'd rather doze DC's and MC's and just keep CA's for the middle school's since it's at a middle school already and is smaller. Then Rose and Kalsu can free up space at DC and Jarman. The buss barn needs more room and Jarman's sports have always suffered not having room to put in adequate facilities because Rose is there. Just having football practice at Jarman is difficult now that the baseball field is fenced in.

I miss the olden days when Norman High played their FB games on Owen Field...always got great seats...Ha! Never had to worry about sellouts...now...I think that dinky Harve Collins Field is the remnants of the old end zone bleachers from Owen Field...

Since my back yard abuts Rose Filed - I can attest the sound system is working fine.
    I wish they had decided to build a big one and would tear down Rose. Of course - that's purely personal so I could go to bed earlier on game nights!

Bomber,I didn't say it couldn't be done. To me it is one of the things that makes Mid-Del better because of the true home field. I can understand the single facility, but as a coach myself I like the idea of a true home field that belong to my team and not the district.

I was outdoors that afternoon and the sound was working and it worked on the JV game the night before, seems every friday of a home game I hear tests going on...I suspect it was a fluke deal. It is working now.

Thread Information