Widgets Magazine

Thread: M-D Building Products Expansion- creating jobs?

Default M-D Building Products Expansion- creating jobs?

M-D Building Products announced Saturday their plans to build an 80,000 square foot warehouse next to their current location in the Santa Fe Industrial Park. In an interview with KFOR, Loren Plotkin, President and CEO of M-D, said this might bring jobs to OKC in the future.

Default Re: M-D Building Products Expansion- creating jobs?

That's great. Wish they'd tear down their current building and rebuild this on site, but that wouldn't make much since when it comes to operations.

Great news when any non oil or gas company expands in OK

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Great news when any non oil or gas company expands in OK
    Seems great news when anyone expands...even oil, gas, or *gasp* call centers... They all pay.

5. Default Re: M-D Building Products Expansion- creating jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    Seems great news when anyone expands...even oil, gas, or *gasp* call centers... They all pay.
    I think what Easy180 was trying to say is that it is good for the city to have a diverse economy. If we are overly reliant on one sector and something happens with that sector, then we obviously have some issues. While growth is growth, diverse growth is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerliberal View Post
    I think what Easy180 was trying to say is that it is good for the city to have a diverse economy. If we are overly reliant on one sector and something happens with that sector, then we obviously have some issues. While growth is growth, diverse growth is even better.
    I agree it is good to have a diverse economy - but there are some on here that act like some jobs are the plague - take what you can get, earn a good reputation - more will come later.

7. Default Re: M-D Building Products Expansion- creating jobs?

where are they located? I want to apply

Quote Originally Posted by soonerliberal View Post
    This is what I meant...Guess I could have worded it a little better...Just nice to hear about an expansion that doesn't involve Chesapeake or Devon

MD Products is also currently looking at purchasing a few small Canadian companies that produce similar products to theirs in hopes of garnishing part of the market that has been left out with the less expensive home weatherizing products. They seem to be a solid company that is expanding slowly and making improvements everyday. I think the new warehouse space for them is long overdue and will allow them to produce even more products (ie. more jobs)

MD is in a great situation and they sell high quality products. People today are more concerned than ever about home energy efficiency and MD has the products that people need.

This is very good news for Okc and obviously MD Products.

Thread Information