Widgets Magazine
Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116161162163164165166
Results 4,126 to 4,148 of 4148

Thread: SandRidge Center & Commons

1. Default Re: SandRidge Center & Commons

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    State employees have started to move in.

Sandridge signage still up on the outside and in the lobby.

When do they plan to change out this stuff?

Default Re: SandRidge Center & Commons

That "K" in Oklahoma is bothering me.

That stylized K is part of the new state logo that was revealed in February.

It's shown on all the Oklahoma branding.

Slightly stylized L as well.

Does anyone know if they happened to bring a lot of new employees into this building this week? Something changed and Gaylord has had awful traffic at 4:30 this week Just thinking maybe an influx of new downtown workers?

6. Default Re: SandRidge Center & Commons

surely they did. I also noticed the nice downtown traffic while visiting last week.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

They have definitely been adding chunks of employees over the last several months.

It may be more a matter of more employers asking people to work more often from the office rather than home.

I've noticed more rush hour traffic in general.

HangryHippo Guest

They have definitely been adding chunks of employees over the last several months.

It may be more a matter of more employers asking people to work more often from the office rather than home.

I've noticed more rush hour traffic in general.
    The state recalled a number of employees back to the office on Monday. Maybe that’s part of it?

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    The state recalled a number of employees back to the office on Monday. Maybe that’s part of it?
    Probably so. I noticed a horrible time getting out of Santa Fe garage starting Tuesday because Gaylord is I blocked in all lanes with south bound traffic
    Guess this is the new normal then! Or until everyone figures out their commutes and adapts.

I figured it was coming soon with state and heartland adding hundred of employees that hadn’t been there prior to covid days. I’ll miss my commutes of no traffic while everyone was at home and I enjoyed the office with little other cars on drive home

One thing about government employees: Many arrive and leave at the exact same time.

I've been outside city offices at 5PM on a weekday, and it's like everyone in the building left at once.

There is more employees in this building, yes. But the reason for the recent traffic jam on EKG is because of the construction on 235/35 south over the river. Most of these people used to enter SB I-235 @ Walnut/6th. But since that is a horrible backup, they can bypass some of the backup by going down EK Gaylord to use either OKC Boulevard onramp or the Shields onramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    There is more employees in this building, yes. But the reason for the recent traffic jam on EKG is because of the construction on 235/35 south over the river. Most of these people used to enter SB I-235 @ Walnut/6th. But since that is a horrible backup, they can bypass some of the backup by going down EK Gaylord to use either OKC Boulevard onramp or the Shields onramp.
    Very good point.

I was heading south on I-235 and right before the I-35 junction and slightly beyond, at least one traffic lane was closed causing a big backup.

Very good point.

I was heading south on I-235 and right before the I-35 junction and slightly beyond, at least one traffic lane was closed causing a big backup.
    Ah so I’m paying for their time savings by taking 15 minutes to get out of my parking garage. Well hopefully this is just short term. It just got heavier this week is what made me notice it. The garage never backed up but this week the exit ramp was backed up bumper to bumper all the way to top of garage to exit because of Gaylord traffic

If you are trying to go SOUTH and want a ninja way out of downtown. Exit the Santa Fe Garage on the N side and go west to Robinson. Travel south on Robinson all the way until you get to the river. Then go left on SE 15th and enter I-235 just east of there.

You can also try to get to that same onramp using EKG or Robinson to go south and then turn left to go east on the OKC Boulevard, but take the Lincoln Ave ramp toward the boathouse district, it will dump you off onto SE 15th.

I've been going into the office fairly regularly since moving back in November, and rush hour traffic started to get noticeably heavier around late February/early March. I don't have a good way to compare it to pre-COVID times as I'm living in a different part of town now than I was then, but it definitely seems like there are more and more people returning to in-person work with each passing week.

16. Default Re: SandRidge Center & Commons

which is a good thing!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Post Re: SandRidge Center & Commons

Former Sandridge Energy Headquarters to be renamed Strata Tower.

Oklahoman, June 10, 2021

Link: https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...er/7619601002/

Blog Entries

Who is Strata?

Per the article, chosen by Pinnel, et al. Also from the article: The term “Strata” is used to represent the layers of subterranean rock that contain oil and gas reserves, as well as other facets of the oil and gas industry, such as the drilling, production and ultimate delivery to end-users of Oklahoma’s oil and gas deposits.

The overall complex is called Oklahoma Commons.

I can't imagine anyone is going to call the building 'Strata Tower'.

Blog Entries

oops, missed the link for the article

It's good to name the building for the energy industry after it housed two failed O&G companies that laid off thousands of Oklahomans, which is exactly why the state was able to buy it in the first place.

Blog Entries

You think that OG&E would have jumped head-over-heels to purchase this building that had recently invested $100 million in improvements to make their corporate headquarters.

With all the state related agencies occupying Strata Tower at Oklahoma Commons--Commissioners of the Oklahoma Land Office; just how much of a dent did this put in Oklahoma City's downtown building occupancy rate...

Thread Information