Widgets Magazine
Page 107 of 166 FirstFirst ... 757102103104105106107108109110111112157 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 4148

Thread: SandRidge Center & Commons

Default Re: New Sandridge tower?

Planned Kerr McGee Center
    September 18, 1984

Photo: Courtesy of http://dougdawg.blogspot.com/2010/05...of-legacy.html

2. Default Re: New Sandridge tower?

I kind of like two separate towers instead of two joined together. I've never seen this picture before. I don't see why they shouldn't build a new one taller than the current one, if it's going to be state of the art. Some have said modern floors are higher than old ones.

Nice find GWalker!I have never seen that either!

In my book "OKC Second Time Around" I wrote about how the company was seriously considering building a new office tower where the BancFirst drive-thru is now, just north of the Skirvin hotel. Even published the rendering for the building
    Steve where is this rendering located? In your book, I see the one of the Ron Burk proposed tower but nothing by Kerr Mac.

5. Default Re: New Sandridge tower?

Color corrected version.

Was the second tower to be added to the west side of the current one?

Weird,the other tower doesnt have different shaped windows all the way up!

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    Weird,the other tower doesnt have different shaped windows all the way up!
    Why make the same mistake twice?

I actually love the different shaped windows, it's unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Why make the same mistake twice?
    I like the oddly shaped windows,it gives this box tower some character!

Thanks for the pic (and the color crx'd one too), I had seen it before and thought it was over in Doug's blog but couldn't find it again when I looked. I like that design a lot better than the current plans and think the towers compliment each other well. Twins but not identical twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Yeah, plans were for the 2nd tower to be built to the west, in place of Braniff and KerMac buildings.

Thank goodness that monolith was not built. Looks like bad architecture in Riyadh out of the 70's.

Having said that, a creative and largely transparent highrise to the east of the current tower could redeem a small degree of Sandridge's loss of credibility in the community through its insensitive demolition of the India Temple. I could forsee a 40-story, mixed-use structure, with retail on the bottom 2 floors, 4 floors of parking topped by 34 floors of office space. Two towers, partially clad in concrete respectful of the existing complex, with a massive glass atrium between them to allow light through to the old tower. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by David Pollard View Post
    Thank goodness that monolith was not built. Looks like bad architecture in Riyadh out of the 70's.

Having said that, a creative and largely transparent highrise to the east of the current tower could redeem a small degree of Sandridge's loss of credibility in the community through its insensitive demolition of the India Temple. I could forsee a 40-story, mixed-use structure, with retail on the bottom 2 floors, 4 floors of parking topped by 34 floors of office space. Two towers, partially clad in concrete respectful of the existing complex, with a massive glass atrium between them to allow light through to the old tower. Simple.
    You SERIOUSLY overestimate both the insensitivity of Sandridge AND the loss of credibility in the community... lol. I don't think there's more than about 5 people who think what they did was anything short of a favor to the community. But, for some reason you seem to think you are owed something. That's laughable.

Something like this would be a good fit:

a 40-story tower would give downtown a great balance looking east and west.

Because companies are worried about a more balanced skyline...

Fun game?Who can name the city to which this skyline belongs to,it looks kinda like OKC's skyline pre Devon,IMO!

Blog Entries

Yep, photo was tagged Rochester and bridge.

20. Default Re: New Sandridge tower?

I wish we had some iconic bridges...

Steve - you are killing me!!!!!!

We will have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Yep, photo was tagged Rochester and bridge.
    LOL,I forgot that you could right click to get properties!

24. Default Re: New Sandridge tower?

1) I'm glad to see that Sandridge is already looking at replacing some of the lost density. That is reassuring.

2) I freaking love the "amenities building". Looks like the MoMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post

It does appear to be right on Robinson. Wow. Looks like Kerr McGee had plans to demolish the YMCA building too. Very glad that didn't happen.

What I find interesting is they are planning to demolish the last parking structure and haven't discussed how they will replace it.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

25. Default Re: SandRidge Center & Commons

Based on things I'm hearing, I'm gaining more and more confidence that we're going to see an office tower built at the India Temple site.... of course time will tell

Thread Information