Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

off topic here, but what ever came about that long tunnel at crossroads that rumor is that it streches all the way underground close to toysrus area? When i worked at beanie booth there back 10 years ago, i was told that story. i was told they keep a lot of things down that unnel like old christmas decor from when the place first opened, why build a tunnel that long

Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    Actually, there is more concrete proof against it becoming the OKC Market Center than supporting facts for it to come to fruition.

*NewsOK, a reputable source, does state it is still for sale.
    *The County Assessor shows no change

Those are the facts to work off of. All the other stuff is speculation, such as: hearing stuff from a friend who is a facebook friend of the "owner", putting two possibly unrelated items together (Tenants remaining, therefore something big has happened). All of that can't be considered concrete.

Until reputable sources come out with more information, it's hard to tell.

I'm all for it becoming the OKC Market Center, but right now, we can see that nothing has changed. Will it become it, who knows? But right now nothing has happened, and that's the facts as we know it.
    See you mention speculation, but that would be contradiction to your belief, since you stated that NewsOK is a reputable source, when the guy who wrote the article, himself, speculated in saying that the girl was just dreaming, since he got the comment it was still for sale. That's speculating as well, which to me isn't very reputable. Actually, in my eyes, that destroys any credibility NewsOK had in my eyes, as a factual newswriters.

I hear all the time, the same thing, "we don't comment on rumors or speculation." Who is to say Price Edwards wasn't told to say that, due to some huge reveal? Like I said, no one knows for sure, what's going on, but as part of the deal to buy the mall, they could have said, "we don't want anyone knowing about it."

I have a friend who was offered a job for OKC Market Center though. Don't see why my friend would be offered, if it was just a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    off topic here, but what ever came about that long tunnel at crossroads that rumor is that it streches all the way underground close to toysrus area? When i worked at beanie booth there back 10 years ago, i was told that story. i was told they keep a lot of things down that unnel like old christmas decor from when the place first opened, why build a tunnel that long
    That would be cool... Where was the tunnel entrance?

I'd like to go down it.

Fallout shelter?

Quote Originally Posted by megax11 View Post
    I have a friend who was offered a job for OKC Market Center though. Don't see why my friend would be offered, if it was just a dream.

Doing what exactly? Was this recent?

Yes... I've said too much though.

I wanna know about this underground. I want to know where it's accessed from.

i went to crossroads tonight, just to see how dead the place was.

I happened to walk into a sporting good store, where i told her the rumor about dillards.

She told me, "i love the rumors about this place. Someone was stupid enough to say it was going to be a penatentary."
    Lol

Yes... I've said too much though.

Yes you have including info from very reliable sources including checkers at Toys R Us

Probably time to keep the secrets to yourself to make sure this thing still goes thru

9. Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

Sign has been erected at the mall saying "OKC Market Center Coming Soon" and this is totally exciting!

The other day their where a lot of people carrying note pads: (roofing, electric, plumbing, security) contractors. All things done during due diligence.
    Revelationist

okay the tunnel was i believe in the area of jc pennies area, the entrance to it was in the main mall lower level it had closed double doors, i seen it open mall staff walking in and out of it, the tunnel seemed really long, i just dont know how long, it looked like it was directly under the parking lot of where you could enter jc pennies and macys upper level parkinglot, i might be wrong on the location area, its been so long since i have thought about it, but im still curious about the tunnel, any info on this would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Sign has been erected at the mall saying "OKC Market Center Coming Soon" and this is totally exciting!
    Are you serious? There is so much info, mis-info, and speculation flying around about this it isn't funny.

When and Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Are you serious? There is so much info, mis-info, and speculation flying around about this it isn't funny.
    So the website is down because of a NDA but they put up a sign. That makes sense.

I am curious to know. What dreams?

16. Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

This thread is the entire Internet in microcosm.

That is quite an exciting erection, indeed.

(RIP Eazy)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    This thread is the entire Internet in microcosm.
    Of course if nothing comes of this, the cheerleaders on this thread will say its because we talked about it even though nothing specific was talked about like price bids and dates which should not matter when the deal is supposedly already signed.

okay the tunnel was i believe in the area of jc pennies area, the entrance to it was in the main mall lower level it had closed double doors, i seen it open mall staff walking in and out of it, the tunnel seemed really long, i just dont know how long, it looked like it was directly under the parking lot of where you could enter jc pennies and macys upper level parkinglot, i might be wrong on the location area, its been so long since i have thought about it, but im still curious about the tunnel, any info on this would be great
    I have it on good authority that said tunnel was originally designed to be a secret escape tunnel in case of a zombie outbreak. Little known fact: The major shopping malls built during that time were required to have a secret escape tunnel for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake2 View Post
    So the website is down because of a NDA but they put up a sign. That makes sense.
    Yeah the same kind of sense where they are worried about "people knowing" so they take down a website, yet employees of stores blab it to people who post it on internet message boards...that makes a lot of sense too...

This thread is cracking me up!

I can tell you that there is not an underground tunnel spanning from the mall to Toys R Us. I know I know...it was a letdown for me too!

*cough* AHEM!

Looks like this credible source, that is NewsOK, was WROOOOOOONG!

I never saw the sign, but some dumb news collumnist stating it was only a girl's dream, without even speaking to her, is nothing more than a pie in his face.

See... Even Price Edwards can be wrong.

*cough* AHEM!

Looks like this credible source, that is NewsOK, was WROOOOOOONG!

I never saw the sign, but some dumb news collumnist stating it was only a girl's dream, without even speaking to her, is nothing more than a pie in his face.

See... Even Price Edwards can be wrong.
    This post is premature. Can anyone else confirm a sign? Thunder's history gives me reason to not trust him. I am willing to bet he was trying to be funny.

then tell me why, do they have a long dark tunnel where they store the x-mas stuff and they have golf carts parked by the double swinging doors.. seen it go to the downstairs bathroom area, the long hall goes past the bathroom and past the double doors, its really long, p.s it is also where they stored the okc market place sign they took down today, and will put back up between 5!5 a.m to 5:45 a.m wensday and friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I have it on good authority that said tunnel was originally designed to be an escape tunnel in case of a zombie outbreak.
    I heard from a gas station attendant who used to harass the girlfriend of a part-time valley brook janitor that the tunnel was put in so the VB girls could slip in and out of frederick's easier.

Thread Information