Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

yeah somethin is goin on, the toysrus by the mall today when i asked told me they are now staying at there location, so the people (store owners) in the area know something big is going to happen soon maybe? Just a couple months ago the toysrus told me they where moving to moore..hmmm I wonder if moore is still going to geta toysrus or one of those new toysrus express stores

Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

Quote Originally Posted by megax11 View Post
    The mall has been sold... Just because its not being advertised on this assecor website yet doesn't mean squat.

A friend of mine behind me says it won't update to show ownership on the assecor website, until next year. They update annually. So yes, the mall has been sold as the lady told me in one of the stores there.

IT... HAS... BEEN... SOLD! Deal done, they signed away on it a few days ago.
    The County Assessors are actually quite quick these days and I would expect something to show up within a couple of weeks to a month at most...have you tried to check on homes sold recently? They update those very quickly.

A friend behind me says that this thread is pricless!

I closed on the sale of my house on July 30, 2010. It showed up on the Oklahoma County Assessor's web site on August 17, 2010 under the new owner's name. If this is indeed true, maybe we will know something soon. I am skeptical yet hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by scootinger View Post
    The mall has not been purchased. If the deal has already been sealed, then why has there not been any sort of news release or records indicating as such? The County Assessor record for Crossroads indicates that it is owned by "Crossroads Maiden Lane LLC". This would mean that it's still in the hands of the Federal Reserve.

As for the fact that there is a sign at a store indicating that the mall is not closing...what does that have to do with this plan? That does not imply that the mall has a new owner, is being renovated, or anything like that; it's likely that the mall will stay open for some time even with nothing in the works. And if someone decided to change the mall to a "market center" format, many of the present tenants would probably end up leaving or being forced out.

It's possible that something really could be in the works, but it doesn't look very plausible...especially being that virtually nothing is known about the person/people behind this. Even if there was someone with a lot of experience/reputation behind this project, it's entirely possible that it could end up falling through.
    You ever heard of an NDA?

All I can say is, I know someone who is in on this as well, but can't say, because that person was told to keep their mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    yeah somethin is goin on, the toysrus by the mall today when i asked told me they are now staying at there location, so the people (store owners) in the area know something big is going to happen soon maybe? Just a couple months ago the toysrus told me they where moving to moore..hmmm I wonder if moore is still going to geta toysrus or one of those new toysrus express stores

Like I said, barring those trashy looking drug testing centers and community colleges, I imagine the nasty parking lots will be landscaped around the mall, and new retail will pop up. The tire centers will be demolished and new places will go there. I expect that area to rise from its grave, and soon be a retail hub.

I didn't know TRU was staying put, as last I heard they were moving. So this says they know something.

All in all, looks like southside is about to get a big shot in the arm.

To those asking about the county assessor... Like I said, I have a friend who has ran his own business and been doing all that jive stuff for a while now, and he is also somehow linked to this OKC Market Center thing (again I can't say because my friend was told to keep his mouth shut), and he stated that with businesses, you won't see it until the anual timeframe for it to be listed, which should be some time in 2011.

It is happening, and someone just posted a link again to a working page for this.

They probably removed the site, because people stumbled upon it. If NDA's are in place for people to "keep their mouth shut" they're not going to keep the site live, if they see people with varying IP addresses flocking there like sheep to the slaughter, because then it wouldn't be much of a surprise.

Heck, me and my fiancee went into Fredricks there today, and the lady didn't even know. Some in the mall know, some don't. Wonder why?

News won't know, because obviously they're keeping a lid on this until everything is in place.

Well, I looked up Oklahoma City Wholesale Market Center and its indeed registered to April Allen back in 2009.

I don't know if anyone else is part of that LLC. This Market Center idea would take a lot of capital and I haven't figured where its coming from.

Who knows, maybe Oklahoma City Market Center is a fake company the real owners had April Allen setup to create a diversion. They created a lot of hype on OKC Talk anyway.

9. Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Well, I looked up Oklahoma City Wholesale Market Center and its indeed registered to April Allen back in 2009.

I don't know if anyone else is part of that LLC. This Market Center idea would take a lot of capital and I haven't figured where its coming from.

Who knows, maybe Oklahoma City Market Center is a fake company the real owners had April Allen setup to create a diversion. They created a lot of hype on OKC Talk anyway.
    Or, April Allen is one very rich lady. Surely someone at The Oklahoman is working on this and not just waiting for a press release.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    If all is as portrayed, I wonder how long it will be before Steve or someone at DOK is writing about it and Kelly & Amy's replacement are yakking about it.
    Call me a cynic at this point. Something this big, whether supposedly under wraps or not, NDA or not, more likely than not wouldn't have but one primary cheerleader 30+ hours later.

Wouldn't mind being shown to be way off base, but I think I'll have some ice cream rather than sit back and hold my breath.

Grand plans for Crossroads Mall revealed on a website apparently don't amount to anything but some potential buyer's dream.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-citys-cro...rticle/3496061

13. Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

All I can say is Malcolm Berko, the person writing that article, is a natural born idiot.

LOL! Some nosebleeding geek came here, took my story, and tried to spin it as something that almost made the news this week?

L...M...A...O

Here's how it works.

This April chick has a friend on her facebook who is friends with a friend of mine, who told this friend this info as early as July, before the sale took place.

I told my friend today, who then told me, "I thought *insert person here* was lying to me, but I guess *insert person here* wasn't."

When my friend and I looked at this chicks Facebook page today, sure enough my friend sees this friend of his on her Facebook page, and says to me, "that's the person right there."

Like I said, peeps, NDA... NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT!

We probably spooked them, because everything wasn't set in stone.

Whoever this person is, working for newsok (who has been wrong plenty of times) needs to find out some facts first, instead of spin some kind of story for the sake of having a story, using nothing credible what-so-ever. In other words, who is this writer's contact, that told him/her it was nothing but a dream?

LOL!

This April chick has a friend on her facebook who is friends with a friend of mine, who told this friend this info as early as July, before the sale took place.
    I told my friend today, who then told me, "I thought *insert person here* was lying to me, but I guess *insert person here* wasn't." When my friend and I looked at this chicks (sic) Facebook page today, sure enough my friend sees this friend of his on her Facebook page, and says to me, "that's the person right there."
    This was funny. Where's the flowchart?

LOL!

Seriously.

It's so funny some dork blew his waud trying to get the jump on this story, he speculated that someone was just dreaming, just because someone told him the mall is still for sale.

Someone at Newsok would not be the first to know what's up, before a big reveal.

What kind of professional writer for a newspaper, write based on speculation?

17. Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

You did mention it was recently sealed in blood and the others is saying it take anytime up to a month for the county assessor to reflect the sale.

LOL! Some nosebleeding geek came here, took my story, and tried to spin it as something that almost made the news this week?

L...M...A...O

Here's how it works.

I told my friend today, who then told me, "I thought *insert person here* was lying to me, but I guess *insert person here* wasn't."

When my friend and I looked at this chicks Facebook page today, sure enough my friend sees this friend of his on her Facebook page, and says to me, "that's the person right there."

Like I said, peeps, NDA... NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT!

We probably spooked them, because everything wasn't set in stone.

Whoever this person is, working for newsok (who has been wrong plenty of times) needs to find out some facts first, instead of spin some kind of story for the sake of having a story, using nothing credible what-so-ever. In other words, who is this writer's contact, that told him/her it was nothing but a dream?

LOL!
    You know completely BS rumors get started the same way. I have seen modern day social networking produce all sorts of rumors that turn out to be false. Hopefully, this won't be the case this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    You did mention it was recently sealed in blood and the others is saying it take anytime up to a month for the county assessor to reflect the sale.
    Who said it was "sealed in blood?" All I have read is word of mouth speculation. If there was a deal, great, but saying its "sealed in blood" is a little bit ridiculous at this point.

Yes, this is pretty much the way all multimillion dollar commercial real estate transactions are done.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Who said it was "sealed in blood?" All I have read is word of mouth speculation. If there was a deal, great, but saying its "sealed in blood" is a little bit ridiculous at this point.
    Um, the original poster said it in the very first post of this thread.

Yep, the day I went to the mall and heard about this story, the lady who knew about this, while we all didn't said the transaction was signed off 1-2 days before me asking her.

23. Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

Well, lets just ignore the negative people. Start discussing what kind of things we will be seeing there.

This is what I'd like to see.

I'd like for it to feel like a mall still, somewhat.

Macy's (I think) and Penney's are to be reserved for people with business liscenses, so the rest of the market center should feel like a mall.

I wish they'd dedicate some stores, close together, to be a food court.

Interior and some exterior renovations.

The surrounding parking lots should be landscaped and filled with plazas, so new retail and restaurants will suppliment the market center. The buildings in the parking lot that stand unused should be demolished, to make way for potentially new plazas as well.

I wish to god, that the stupid community college blocking OKC Market Centers view on the I-35 service road, would get demolished, and if new retail isn't put there, then keep the view open for people on the highway to see the market center, so they will stop by.

Think about the retail areas surrounding Quail basically, and you'll have an idea of what I'd like to see surrounding the market center.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesimpsons82 View Post
    Um, the original poster said it in the very first post of this thread.

Like I said, word of mouth. It only takes one person with bad information in the chain of information. We'll see what happens I guess.

Thread Information