Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

The url address just brings up the website for VIP Internet Hosting company.

Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

http://www.okcmarketcenter.com/

sounds like it was a dream made up? This link no longer shows anything about it, Istill hope it will come true, can anyone find more info on this

Oooops! Something's up! The URL is now taking you to their web services provider. At least it is on my browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post

sounds like it was a dream made up? This link no longer shows anything about it, Istill hope it will come true, can anyone find more info on this
    I guess these people just had a dream, but not enough capital to even keep their website going.

the site works fine for me...so don't know that the dream is over...just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    I participated in the production of a travelling wholesale jewellery market and I know people who use markets to purchase for their business. The concept is not for a consumer to walk in and buy a shirt or whatever. It's for a business to look at product and hopefully order a line to be manufactured and delivered to the business. Buying part or all of a line of clothing for an upcoming season would be an example. I can see where there may be cash-and-carry for many items and maybe this concept is different or a blend of some sort but I doubt it. Either way, it's good news if they pull it off.
    People need to read though.

THIS IS A MARKET CENTER FOR CONSUMERS AND BUSINESSES!

It states as much on their website.

Infact Steve and Barrys will be open to consumers, and so will the whole mall, minus the JCP and Macy's building.

Dillards will be Dillards, Steve and Barrys as well as the rest of the mall will be the market disctrict (as they call it), which is open to the public.

EDIT: You people should know better than that. Websites go down all the time. This site keeps going down all the time. THE MALL WAS ALREADY PURCHASED BY THE PEOPLE BRINGING THE MARKET CENTER HERE! Maybe, just maybe, people weren't supposed to know about this yet. Websites can check visitors' IP addresses. Maybe they were still putting the site together, before people started spamming it.

This is already a sealed deal. The sports store inside the mall has a sign stating, "despite the rumors you heard, Crossroads Mall is not closing. Please continue to shop with us."

EDIT 2: Another theory about the website being taken down, is that could have been placeholder, and the real site is about to take shape. Did anyone else notice the logo for OKC Market Center? It had Crossroads Mall triangular roofs.

Just tried at 5pm. Site is in fact down.

Quote Originally Posted by megax11 View Post
    EDIT: You people should know better than that. Websites go down all the time. This site keeps going down all the time. THE MALL WAS ALREADY PURCHASED BY THE PEOPLE BRINGING THE MARKET CENTER HERE! Maybe, just maybe, people weren't supposed to know about this yet. Websites can check visitors' IP addresses. Maybe they were still putting the site together, before people started spamming it.

EDIT 2: Another theory about the website being taken down, is that could have been placeholder, and the real site is about to take shape. Did anyone else notice the logo for OKC Market Center? It had Crossroads Mall triangular roofs.
    Yeah, thats true. If they did purchase the building it probably hasn't closed yet, otherwise we would know who was doing all this. Has anyone tried to call that number on that site? LOL

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/randaok69

(she's the owner apparently and there's a link to a facebook page that doesn't amount to anything)
    Last edited by flintysooner; 09-16-2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: added owner info

I just don't see it working out. I think it will fall through during renovation or just flatline 1-3 years after it opens. If all else fails, Mt. Trashmore will need a sister in a decade or two.

Looking at the county assessor's web site it does not mention any sale at all. Has anyone seen anything other than this web site?

13. Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

That's rad... I used to go to the Dallas market center to buy clothes to sell in my record store I owned in the 90's.

14. Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

Hey Thunder, before you get your panties in a twise, my point was that this group hasn't bought the freaking mall yet. Their plans showed they were supposed to be buying it in July.....they didn't. As mentioned above, check the assesor's site...there hasn't been an ownership change yet.

IE - The project hasn't done squat, crap, nadda, anything. Ya jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC@heart View Post
    the site works fine for me...so don't know that the dream is over...just yet.
    Not saying this isn't real - but kinda sad that their site is down (for hours and hours)

16. Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

I think the logical question goes to the OP of this thread: How did you get the URL to post here? According to WHOIS, okcmarketcenter.com is owned by April Allen of Edmond at an address that matches "Payless Digging" which is a trenching contractor on Memorial Road at 405-949-9872. The domain was purchased in May of 2009. Following that up might get some enterprising reporter some information.

I went to Crossroads tonight, just to see how dead the place was.

I happened to walk into a sporting good store, where I told her the rumor about Dillards.

She told me, "I love the rumors about this place. Someone was stupid enough to say it was going to be a penatentary."

She then told me the new name, and that it had a website, and the deal was sealed in blood either today or yesterday.

She mentioned it was like the Dallas Market Center, and the other market centers.

As you can see from the website, it does list that one in Atlanta.

In anycase, now to see how the mall will look on the inside, once renovations are done. I'm just glad this dream came true, to some extent, in that something rose from the ashes.
    ^^

18. Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    ^^
    Ahh...I missed that, David. Thanks. Hopefully somebody can follow up with Ms. Allen and find out what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    I think the logical question goes to the OP of this thread: How did you get the URL to post here? According to WHOIS, okcmarketcenter.com is owned by April Allen of Edmond at an address that matches "Payless Digging" which is a trenching contractor on Memorial Road at 405-949-9872. The domain was purchased in May of 2009. Following that up might get some enterprising reporter some information.
    I posted her facebook link a while back.

This is already a sealed deal. The sports store inside the mall has a sign stating, "despite the rumors you heard, Crossroads Mall is not closing. Please continue to shop with us."

The mall has not been purchased. If the deal has already been sealed, then why has there not been any sort of news release or records indicating as such? The County Assessor record for Crossroads indicates that it is owned by "Crossroads Maiden Lane LLC". This would mean that it's still in the hands of the Federal Reserve.

As for the fact that there is a sign at a store indicating that the mall is not closing...what does that have to do with this plan? That does not imply that the mall has a new owner, is being renovated, or anything like that; it's likely that the mall will stay open for some time even with nothing in the works. And if someone decided to change the mall to a "market center" format, many of the present tenants would probably end up leaving or being forced out.

It's possible that something really could be in the works, but it doesn't look very plausible...especially being that virtually nothing is known about the person/people behind this. Even if there was someone with a lot of experience/reputation behind this project, it's entirely possible that it could end up falling through.

21. Default Re: Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

I wish a reporter would just call the number associated with the website and ask her what's going on.

People need to read though.

1) If people were not supposed to "know about it" yet, then they should have known better than to make it live at all

2) yes websites go down, but anything decent shouldn't be down anywhere near as long as this has been...so I guess they already have crappy management...from an IT viewpoint (which is the best viewpoint I can give)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post

Evidently some dream with no basis ever formed for reality and so the domain name to the web site apparently was not renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Evidently some dream with no basis ever formed for reality and so the domain name to the web site apparently was not renewed.
    From WHOIS:
    Code:
       Registered through: VIP Hosting
       Domain Name: OKCMARKETCENTER.COM
          Created on: 04-May-09
          Expires on: 04-May-11
          Last Updated on: 05-May-10
    They may or may not have run afoul of their hosting provider (judging from the 302 redirect of HTTP traffic to their website to VIP Hosting's), but their domain registration status is perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Hey Thunder, before you get your panties in a twise, my point was that this group hasn't bought the freaking mall yet. Their plans showed they were supposed to be buying it in July.....they didn't. As mentioned above, check the assesor's site...there hasn't been an ownership change yet.

IE - The project hasn't done squat, crap, nadda, anything. Ya jerk.
    The mall has been sold... Just because its not being advertised on this assecor website yet doesn't mean squat.

A friend of mine behind me says it won't update to show ownership on the assecor website, until next year. They update annually. So yes, the mall has been sold as the lady told me in one of the stores there.

IT... HAS... BEEN... SOLD! Deal done, they signed away on it a few days ago.

Thread Information