Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Ludivine

Default Re: Ludivine

Walking around Midtown yesterday, this building is looking very sad now.

The curtains are drawn on the closed Ludivine space and there were homeless living in the alcove facing 10th.

It's just fantastic space and I sure hope they find a replacement soon.

Is there some concern with there being so many empty restaurant spaces all owned by the same group? Midtown Renaissance seems slow filling any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Is there some concern with there being so many empty restaurant spaces all owned by the same group? Midtown Renaissance seems slow filling any of them.
    This building is owned by Chip Fudge but yes, this is yet another empty restaurant space in the immediate area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5978.jpeg 
Views:	203 
Size:	398.5 KB 
ID:	18740

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5978.jpeg 
Views:	203 
Size:	398.5 KB 
ID:	18740
    good deal ... and with how that space is built it should not need much work ..

6. Default Re: Ludivine

Chef Hutton won the Chopped show he was on last night and said this new restaurant will be called Alma.

Can’t wait!

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Chef Hutton won the Chopped show he was on last night and said this new restaurant will be called Alma.
    Alma go there the second it opens.

I thought GHST was already open in the former Ludivine space, or am I getting the storefronts along that block confused?

10. Default Re: Ludivine

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Alma go there the second it opens.
    This is high-quality dad joke! Well done!

11. Default Re: Ludivine

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I thought GHST was already open in the former Ludivine space, or am I getting the storefronts along that block confused?
    GHST is in the spot where Ludivine started. They will now take over the spot where Ludivine moved.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    GHST is in the spot where Ludivine started. They will now take over the spot where Ludivine moved.
    Thx, just reread the tweet and it does say NW 10th, duh on my part...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Walking around Midtown yesterday, this building is looking very sad now.

The curtains are drawn on the closed Ludivine space and there were homeless living in the alcove facing 10th.

It's just fantastic space and I sure hope they find a replacement soon.
    It is a real neat space, but it's not as good as the original location. Does anyone know why Ludivine moved? I'm genuinely curious.

The restaurant and bar business is incredibly difficult even in the best of times. It's even harder when you move. There are so many variables in a restaurant's success, but location is usually paramount.

There was a certain magic at Ludivine's original location. I can't remember the circumstances that led to them moving. I was excited about the new locale and the new bar was superb, but something seemed to be lost. Maybe that happened before the move -- I honestly don't remember because everything pre-Covid seems like a blur now.

So many restaurants relocate and fail to recapture the magic of their original location.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    It is a real neat space, but it's not as good as the original location. Does anyone know why Ludivine moved? I'm genuinely curious.

The restaurant and bar business is incredibly difficult even in the best of times. It's even harder when you move. There are so many variables in a restaurant's success, but location is usually paramount.

There was a certain magic at Ludivine's original location. I can't remember the circumstances that led to them moving. I was excited about the new locale and the new bar was superb, but something seemed to be lost. Maybe that happened before the move -- I honestly don't remember because everything pre-Covid seems like a blur now.

So many restaurants relocate and fail to recapture the magic of their original location.
    the main investor of Ludivine owned the new building location ... and didn't in the original .. and at the time they wanted/needed more space

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the main investor of Ludivine owned the new building location ... and didn't in the original .. and at the time they wanted/needed more space
    Ah. Makes sense.

Thread Information