Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ludivine

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ludivine

Oops, have been walking by this for awhile and forgot to mention it. Very glad it's activating.

Anyone know where Ludivine is moving? Or why? The Oklahoman has an article indicating they are moving to another location within Midtown, but the article is behind a paywall.

Blog Entries

Got posted in a new thread and in Edmond instead of OKC earlier today:

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.ph...92#post1044792

FIRST LOOK: Ludivine to relocate to high-profile NW 10th Street address

Work has started to relocate the ever-popular Ludivine restaurant a few blocks away, from its current location at 805 N Hudson Ave. to a more visible location on NW 10th Street which will directly front the new streetcar route when it starts to roll later this year.

Proprietor Russ Johnson, who also operates R&J Supper Club in the same building, said the two operations will remain distinct, with completely separate menus and kitchens. Johnson indicated that one exception might include serving R&J food in the Ludivine bar later in the evening.

Although the restaurant will be moving, the character-rich Ludivine bar will stay at its current location and be rebranded as Saradina. A menu of tapas and small plates will be added to its selection of craft cocktails, beer and wine.

The new site at 320 NW 10th St. was designed by Fitzsimmons Architects and will feature a screened outdoor patio. The space was formerly occupied by Spur Design.

The building itself is something of a mid-century jewel, built in 1956.

The space that Ludivine will be vacating has already been leased for retail use. The move is planned for later this year.

[/center]

They are working inside but still have quite a bit left to do.

Went to R&J for brunch a couple of weeks ago and bartender said it's supposed to be open in Jan, but most of them at R&J doubt it'll be done in time.

They are now open in the new location with a large patio.

Plans were to keep the existing bar at the original Ludivine, rework it slightly and reopen.

Space is now for lease (on the right below), so I guess that isn't happening.

Default Re: Ludivine/R&J Supper Club

Ludivine per their Facebook is now requiring Proof of Vacination or Negative test result in the last 72 hours to eat inside ... (outside available to all and mask required for all on the way to your seat) https://www.facebook.com/ludivineokc/

The health of our staff & guests is important to us.
    interesting that R&J next door (same owners ) currently does not require either of these things ...

this is the first OKC restaurant to my knowledge to require this ...

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Ludivine per their Facebook is now requiring Proof of Vacination or Negative test result in the last 72 hours to eat inside ... (outside available to all and mask required for all on the way to your seat) https://www.facebook.com/ludivineokc/

interesting that R&J next door (same owners ) currently does not require either of these things ...

Seems like they have had multiple shutdowns due to staff infections, IIRC. So maybe thats what prompted this. The comments section on instagram was hilarious, people pretending to be legal and medical experts, and people who probably never dined there saying they werent ever going to dine there. Whats with the Jesus and fitness crowd being so anti-vax? And frankly they're anti-freedom too, Ludivine has the freedom to determine their dining policies, no? Yet a certain segment of the population think they get to determine what another business can do. Deciding to not vaccinate yourself does not turn you into a protected class.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Seems like they have had multiple shutdowns due to staff infections, IIRC. So maybe thats what prompted this. The comments section on instagram was hilarious, people pretending to be legal and medical experts, and people who probably never dined there saying they werent ever going to dine there. Whats with the Jesus and fitness crowd being so anti-vax? And frankly they're anti-freedom too, Ludivine has the freedom to determine their dining policies, no? Yet a certain segment of the population think they get to determine what another business can do. Deciding to not vaccinate yourself does not turn you into a protected class.
    i agree with all that you posted ...

i just would ask .. do the owners not care as much about the employees and guests of R and J next door ??

New Orleans started this city wide by mandate August 16th

FANTASTIC! I haven't been there once since they moved into the new location.

How is it? It used to be top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post

had brunch there last weekend and it was fantastic.. .

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post

We ate at the old location maybe 5-6 times, starting very soon after they opened (we were hungry for something like them in the city ), and we've only eaten at the new one once, pre-COVID. Since we ate there 5-6 times, we obviously really like them, and the new location did not disappoint food- or decor-wise. Want to say it's slightly better than the old location due to more windows.

i guess the "health of staff and guests" is just not quite as important at R&J next door ....

R & J only requires a mask if you are unvaxed .. any one can come in...... (and of course not have a mask on while eating and drinking)

i guess the "health of staff and guests" is just not quite as important at R&J next door ....

R & J only requires a mask if you are unvaxed .. any one can come in...... (and of course not have a mask on while eating and drinking)
    Are they checking vax passports then at R & J ??? I would stay away...

I would assume that the difference is because R&J is mainly a bar (although our main purpose going there is to eat) and Ludivine a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I would assume that the difference is because R&J is mainly a bar (although our main purpose going there is to eat) and Ludivine a restaurant.
    ludivine actually has a bar .. that is connected but also has a separate entrance from the restaurant ..

ludivine actually has a bar .. that is connected but also has a separate entrance from the restaurant ..
    Right, but seems to me that people mainly go to Ludivine to eat and R&J to drink. I could be wrong, though...

Right, but seems to me that people mainly go to Ludivine to eat and R&J to drink. I could be wrong, though...
    i can only speak for my self ... but the ludivine bar is a fantastic place to have a drink don't know about the total numbers .. you could be correct ..

i can only speak for my self ... but the ludivine bar is a fantastic place to have a drink don't know about the total numbers .. you could be correct ..
    Sadly, we missed out on going to Ludivine's bar when they were in the old location (heard it was also amazing), need to try the new bar. We're not too social WRT bars, don't really go to them, just go out and eat, not drink.

Sadly, we missed out on going to Ludivine's bar when they were in the old location (heard it was also amazing), need to try the new bar. We're not too social WRT bars, don't really go to them, just go out and eat, not drink.
    they have all their apps half price in the bar until 4-6 you should check it out it is a very nice place .

also one of the best deals in OKC is

1/2 PRICE CHEF TASTING MENU
    Half price tasting menu Tuesday - Thursday from 5-6pm and 9-10 pm!

** don't know if this is still offered but it is still on their website

they have all their apps half price in the bar until 4-6 you should check it out it is a very nice place .

also one of the best deals in OKC is

1/2 PRICE CHEF TASTING MENU
    Half price tasting menu Tuesday - Thursday from 5-6pm and 9-10 pm!

** don't know if this is still offered but it is still on their website
    The tasting menu sounds like something we should go for, thx. We try to eat out on Thu nights and Saturdays (we cook the rest of the time, usually) to try to make a dent in our list of places we want to eat at, and this would be a good way to get out of there with less than a triple-digit bill.

The tasting menu sounds like something we should go for, thx. We try to eat out on Thu nights and Saturdays (we cook the rest of the time, usually) to try to make a dent in our list of places we want to eat at, and this would be a good way to get out of there with less than a triple-digit bill.
    We used to hit up the tasting menu once a month on a Tuesday.

75- 100 dollar a person meal For 37- 50 pretty great deal

Thread Information