Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ludivine

1. Default Re: Ludivine

Ludivine was listed as the food provider for the pre-Arts Festival VIP party last night - but it certainly wasn't their food that was served. It looked like Joey's Pizza and some deli selections from Sam's. When I inquired I was just told that 'something happened with Ludivine's promise.' Don't really know what that means, but I was actually looking forward to what they might be serving.

Default Re: Ludivine

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Ludivine was listed as the food provider for the pre-Arts Festival VIP party last night - but it certainly wasn't their food that was served. It looked like Joey's Pizza and some deli selections from Sam's. When I inquired I was just told that 'something happened with Ludivine's promise.' Don't really know what that means, but I was actually looking forward to what they might be serving.
    They didn't show up.

Well . . . At least we had the traditional rain for the rest of the event . . .
    (just kidding: The Arts Council and The OKC Festival of The Arts are two of my most favorite things about living in Oklahoma City.)

Went last Sat night and it was unbelievably good, did not see a drop off at all

Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    Went last Sat night and it was unbelievably good, did not see a drop off at all
    Maybe that's because Jonathan is back. Good to hear.

My wife and I dined at Ludivine last night and it was wonderful. We sat at the dining room bar, enjoyed a bottle of Malbec, split the (I think) buffalo sirloin with roasted ear of corn, and it couldn't have been better. It was nice watching the kitchen prep from our bar stools, which helped make our entree decision.

Our server was very good - attentive but not hovering, proud of and knowledgeable about the offerings, friendly, courteous and appreciative of our patronage.

Being a Tuesday evening it wasn't packed, but the dining room was about half-filled, and several younger people were enjoying themselves in the bar. As we exited through the bar we were simultaneously met with a cool evening breeze and terrific view of the Regency Tower and federal building.

I don't keep abreast of the behind-the-scenes politics and gossip in the local food industry, but as a diner out for a meal in OKC last night, I couldn't have asked for more.

Saw this on the Barnes & Noble newsstand this past weekend. Pretty cool S/O from one of the top foodie mags, Saveur.

Oklahoma Rising | SAVEUR

bump

Pete, one suggestion on Restaurant & Bar section that could be implemented as time permits:

Including the owners of different establishments and the other places they own could help people have an idea of who they trust and have a bigger picture of OKC's culinary scene.

^

Great idea!

https://twitter.com/ludivineokc/stat...57656888373248

Here is a note from the ludivine twitter feed.

“@LudivineOkc: Almost time for @h_n_8th! We will be serving 3 courses for $40, and trying out dishes for the new concept, opening this fall on Hudson.”

New concept coming this fall on Hudson?? Sounds interesting

12. Default Re: Ludivine

Great news if so.

Default Another Ludivine-owned restaurant coming downtown

I found out from reliable source that the owners of Ludivine (Jonathan and I think the other's name is Russ?) are opening another restaurant downtown (different concept) on Hudson this fall. I couldn't verify cross street, but I have been told at 8th, which would make sense. Trying to get more info, but this is exciting for this up and coming area of MidTown.

Default Re: Another Ludivine-owned restaurant coming downtown

So you haven't verified the cross street, except that it's 8th? Okay...

#ScoopByMetro

Blog Entries

There was some kind of work going on today in that strip, but not sure for what...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    So you haven't verified the cross street, except that it's 8th? Okay...

#ScoopByMetro
    No, they wouldn't tell me, but unofficial rumor is saying 8th is the cross-street, I'm simply stating I can't confirm that is 100% fact yet, so take it for what you want. The new concept, the owners and Hudson is confirmed however. 8th would make a lot of sense since it's in close proximity to their first restaurant, Ludivine, and would help build on existing synergies that block is creating.

Yes they even tweeted that they were exploring a new concept for Hudson.

I hear the "Edquarters" on hudson just had some space open up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done, Phi. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I hear the "Edquarters" on hudson just had some space open up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I noticed some work being performed on the building just North of the Ed Shadid campaign building this morning.

Solid scoop. You either have twitter or read the ludivine thread yesterday. Ludivine - OKCTalk

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Solid scoop. You either have twitter or read the ludivine thread yesterday. Ludivine - OKCTalk
    ::drops mic::

Maybe the old Foodies location??

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Lolol.

Just to the north of Ludivine, the long board-up space is being renovated for offices.

Already looks way better.

Thread Information