Thread: Producer moving to Norman

Default Producer moving to Norman

Default Re: Producer moving to Norman

He's dodging those pesky unions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    He's dodging those pesky unions.
    Kind of maybe. That’s one of the reasons why they can pay so little in Oklahoma and we are happy to be paid less.

I hope PS can find a new facility to support what this producer is try to do.

4. Default Re: Producer moving to Norman

This line has me thinking he's not making quality movies.
    "Serving subscribers from around the world, streaming services will pay millions of dollars per movie, he said. And with a cadre of veteran filmmakers by his side, Greenberg plans to churn out several movies a year."
    I would love for Norman to be a filming town, but for real movies that aren't churned out by an algorithm.

Filmmaking in college towns makes a ton of sense because you can partner with the university to allow students to work on movies without paying them much.

Also, colleges tend to crank out many people interested in producing films.

I keep saying it, but better utilizing OU as an economic engine (like Silicon Valley, Silicon Triangle, Austin) would be the single biggest way for OKC/OK to add quality jobs, innovation, generate more start-ups, and attract and retain the creative class.

So, I'm a little suspicious about this guy. The Journal Record article posted mentions a bunch of movies from the 80s this guy "raised money for" including Platoon, First Blood, Terminator, etc. But none of that is listed in his credits on IMDb.. He listed all of this and claimed some prestigious awards on his bio, but he wrote his own bio. That's easy enough to do, but claiming credits, particularly on such notable works, requires some verification.

Some of the stuff listed in the article is there (Excalibur, King Solomon's Mines, Easy Money) but none of the higher profile stuff. If you look up Platoon or Terminator on IMDb they don't mention him at all. He doesn't have a Wikipedia page.

This is all just a Google search and I'm not an expert so take it for what its worth, but my guess is this guy is blowing smoke.

Blog Entries

Nice to know Prairie Surf Media studios will remain in the metro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    So, I'm a little suspicious about this guy. The Journal Record article posted mentions a bunch of movies from the 80s this guy "raised money for" including Platoon, First Blood, Terminator, etc. But none of that is listed in his credits on IMDb.. He listed all of this and claimed some prestigious awards on his bio, but he wrote his own bio. That's easy enough to do, but claiming credits, particularly on such notable works, requires some verification.

Some of the stuff listed in the article is there (Excalibur, King Solomon's Mines, Easy Money) but none of the higher profile stuff. If you look up Platoon or Terminator on IMDb they don't mention him at all. He doesn't have a Wikipedia page.

This is all just a Google search and I'm not an expert so take it for what its worth, but my guess is this guy is blowing smoke.
    Being attached to a film as a 'producer' could mean absolutely anything. There are often tons of them on any project and the actual role is never fully known outside the production accountants who need that information for payouts and residuals. Involvement could be anything from next to zero to underwriting the entire project.

Also, having been in that biz for several years, almost everyone calls themselves a producer, even the grips that carry things around on set will tell you it's to make ends meet so they can produce and they will often introduce themselves as a producer. L.A. must have a million producers.

Thread Information