Widgets Magazine
Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: OU Projects

1. Default Re: OU Projects

I agree this would be a great project for OU. Many large universities have a nice hotel either near, or on campus. I was on the campus at Notre Dame a couple of years ago and theirs is almost a centerpiece on the campus. If this doesn't work, OU should try one of the vacant areas near the dorms.

2. Default Re: OU Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It will lower property values, increase crime, and Manhattanize Norman. /sarc
    Don't forget flood the already bumper-to-bumper streets with new traffic.

Default Re: OU Projects

An on-campus or very close to campus hotel is a nice amenity. I've stayed at the hotel in the OSU student union a few times, and it is so convenient if you have on-campus stuff to do.

Took a long walk around campus yesterday.

Almost completely deserted and all the buildings were locked.

Aw, what happened to the mums?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Aw, what happened to the mums?
    Believe mums are just in the fall. These are more heat-tolerant flowers.

7. Default Re: OU Projects

During the last president there were no plants in the summer. Glad to see some now. Beautiful campus.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    $25 million. Scott Lambert is the developer. Residents in the area having a city council meeting since they are not happy to have a tall building right by their homes.

Going to be an interesting fight.
    Per the Norman Transcript, this project was delayed until July 14th owing to resident backlash.

https://www.normantranscript.com/new...b353442a6.html

9. Default Re: OU Projects

"Six out of three members voted to postpone their vote Tuesday night" ?? LOL

This proposed hotel is a private venture. It is not an OU project.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Took a long walk around campus yesterday.

Almost completely deserted and all the buildings were locked.

Did you expect to see students there? Of course it is deserted since school is over and the virus going on

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Per the Norman Transcript, this project was delayed until July 14th owing to resident backlash.

https://www.normantranscript.com/new...b353442a6.html
    On one hand I sort of hope it gets declined and the developer walks away and Norman loses a $25 million investment that meets a need for the town and OU. But on the other hand I really hope the council doesnt cave to neighbors upset over 8ft and allows the $25 million investment to happen, especially during a time when investment like this is needed. Its just 8 FEET! That wont destroy the neighborhood or town.

HangryHippo Guest

Norman would be completely stupid to deny this development. However, and I say this as someone that really likes Norman, it would be right on brand for them to block it or screw around so long that the developer walks. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    This proposed hotel is a private venture. It is not an OU project.
    Yep, but I didn't see a specific thread for this project and it had already been discussed in this thread.

If you live in Norman, please consider emailing your Councilmember and include your address.

https://www.normanok.gov/your-government/city-council

Anyone have any other plans and renderings showing the proposed CC hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    Did you expect to see students there? Of course it is deserted since school is over and the virus going on
    My interpretation was Pete was only referring to the shock of seeing it so empty since that is very rare.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Anyone have any other plans and renderings showing the proposed CC hotel?
    If no one has them, I can post tomorrow when I get to the office.

It sounds like they are finally doing some real fundraising to expand Fears lab. http://www.ou.edu/content/dam/CoE/CE...Lab%20Info.pdf

I spent a lot of time there as an undergrad and had several classes there. They have been talking about expanding it for years, and designing expansions for the building is often done for capstone projects. Hope they include some space for the concrete canoe team!

Quote Originally Posted by ereid View Post
    Thanks, is that located directly at the NW corner of University & White, where White would continue into that parking area on the south side? That surface lot could be a future garage with retail space fronting University. I think those big surface lots on the west side of University are a great infill opportunity.

Thanks, is that located directly at the NW corner of University & White, where White would continue into that parking area on the south side? That surface lot could be a future garage with retail space fronting University. I think those big surface lots on the west side of University are a great infill opportunity.
    Yes. Here is the map.
    chrome-extension://gphandlahdpffmccakmbngmbjnjiiahp/https://norman.legistar.com/View.ashx?M=F&ID=8584176&GUID=CDBF683E-3D62-478F-BDE5-7CF81F10E167

Selfishly, I hope it falls through because we park in the church parking lot there and I don't want to find a new spot.

HangryHippo Guest

I love the design of this. Thanks for the pictures, ereid.

Thread Information