Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: OU Projects

Default Re: OU Projects

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    A few days ago noticed the foundation for Sam Bradford’s Heisman statue has been build but I also noticed something new being built on the SE side of the football stadium. Driving by it looked like it had a foundation of about 8’x8’ with rebar showing. This was just a few feet west of Jenkins Street.

Is there anyone who has a clue about what this might be?
    Thanks.
    They're putting up statues of our 100-win coaches (Owen, Wilkinson, Switzer, Stoops) on the corner of Lindsay/Jenkins. I haven't seen it in person, but that may be what you're referring to.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7042004&type=1

There are a few pictures on this link that show the progress on OU’s new student housing project.

Quote Originally Posted by iMAX386 View Post
    They're putting up statues of our 100-win coaches (Owen, Wilkinson, Switzer, Stoops) on the corner of Lindsay/Jenkins. I haven't seen it in person, but that may be what you're referring to.
    No it wasn’t. They had torn out some concrete to access utilities. It’s all patched up now.

Live webcam of Headington Hall construction.

http://129.15.200.44/home/homeJ.html

I recently noticed that OU has torn down an old building on the SE corner of Jenkins and Page Street. This was Rhyne Hall, it had a red tile roof.

Are there any plans for this plot of ground?

Several years ago I heard that if OU could come up with the money they would consider building a new basketball arena on this part of campus?

I recently noticed that OU has torn down an old building on the SE corner of Jenkins and Page Street. This was Rhyne Hall, it had a red tile roof.

Are there any plans for this plot of ground?

Several years ago I heard that if OU could come up with the money they would consider building a new basketball arena on this part of campus?
    Its going to be a parking lot for now. They start the work on the lot Monday, also they are getting rid of the parallel parking on the west side of the stadium along asp for a "Scholars Walk", also starting Monday.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by okcfollower View Post
    Its going to be a parking lot for now. They start the work on the lot Monday, also they are getting rid of the parallel parking on the west side of the stadium along asp for a "Scholars Walk", also starting Monday.
    I've seen little regarding the Scholars Walk. Where did you see that it is starting Monday?

I wish they hadn't torn down Rhyne.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I wish they hadn't torn down Rhyne.
    Spartan, as you seem to regularly be in the know, have you seen any conceptual designs for the Scholars Walk at OU? Everything I've found indicates that it's still fairly in the design phase, but I'm curious.

HangryHippo Guest

Surely, just as soon as I ask about it... This is in today's Transcript:

http://normantranscript.com/headline...ve-renovations

I love the idea of reclaiming all of the South Oval for pedestrians.

They did this with Brooks between Elm & Jenkins and that really made a big difference and I bet this will be nicer still.

That campus just keeps getting nicer and nicer.

Maybe OU should line the south oval with statues of its Rhodes scholars?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Spartan, as you seem to regularly be in the know, have you seen any conceptual designs for the Scholars Walk at OU? Everything I've found indicates that it's still fairly in the design phase, but I'm curious.
    Well I appreciate the compliment, but I'm actually pretty ignorant about a Scholars Walk. I do know that they had some interesting plans for the Lindsey crossing, potentially coinciding with redevelopment on the Cate Center site, and perhaps this could be bookending that end of the South Oval. Just an idea.

This helps. It gets the attention of others particularly in this economy.
    http://www.news9.com/story/18884130/...onations-gifts

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 12:50 PM CDT Updated: Jun 26, 2012 12:50 PM CDT

By Associated Press
    ARDMORE, Oklahoma -
    University of Oklahoma President David Boren says the university expects to receive more than $140 million in private donations and gifts by the end of the fiscal year.

Boren told the OU Board of Regents meeting in Ardmore Tuesday that projections are for $141.2 million -- including gifts to OU's scholarship program and funding for Headington Hall. The residential hall is a housing project for students and athletes at OU.

The regents are also scheduled to discuss the proposed Radar Innovations Laboratory on the school's main campus in Norman. The planned center would provide space for radar researchers to design, assemble and test radar system components. It would house up to 20 researchers and 60 graduate students.

Fence is going up around 100 block of Krattlii apartments, asbestes crew are removing tiles. Wont be long before the wrecking ball makes them dissapear. New electric boxes are being installed thuout the rest of Krattlii. They busted a non potable water line today, even though it was marked and flagged. Kinda hard to keep plants alive without water....DOH!

Quote Originally Posted by YO MUDA View Post
    Fence is going up around 100 block of Krattlii apartments, asbestes crew are removing tiles. Wont be long before the wrecking ball makes them dissapear. New electric boxes are being installed thuout the rest of Krattlii. They busted a non potable water line today, even though it was marked and flagged. Kinda hard to keep plants alive without water....DOH!
    These are the apartments south of campus, correct? Are they all being demolished, and why? Are there plans for that area?

The Karettli apartment are on the northeast side of the LNC.
    They were dumps. Its good to hear they are being torn down.
    And yes, what are the plans for this land?

Okay. I couldn't figure out whether these were the ones you could see from Lloyd a noble, or the ones a little further north. They definitely were nice. This would be a great location for OU to bring in a private developer for some nice condos or apartments...

The Karettli apartment are on the northeast side of the LNC.
    They were dumps. Its good to hear they are being torn down.
    And yes, what are the plans for this land?
    i believe that those at one time were married student housing ... and i think the plan is to build new married student housing

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i believe that those at one time were married student housing ... and i think the plan is to build new married student housing
    They were married student housing at one time.
    I have relatives that lived there back when the LNC first opened up.
    At the time they seemed fairly nice.

But I like the idea of high end condos $ 350,000 + someplace around OU’s campus.
    Now if I could just talk the wife into the idea.

The only students I ever saw get on or off the bus at the Krattli Apartments when I went to OU in 08-10 were international students.

Mostly for married international students with children. The electrical and heat & air were in need of replacement, along with roof work. Would cost more to repair than they were worth.
    Ive heard they will make a bigger parking lot for the Gymnatics. Also been hearing for years the city and OU would ike to connect Imhoff to Constitution, thus doing away with the signal lights at Jenkins and Imhoff. But thats just a rumor.

Anybody has updates on the Kraettli apartments? I'm curious to know. I lived there when I was a student at OU, it's not as nice as the new ones, but the rent was a lot of cheaper with all billed paid.

Thread Information