Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fox Lake Plaza

Default Re: Fox Lake Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Chick Fil A is finally complete and packed each day. The Taco Bell coming soon sign is up as well.

As for Thai Delight it is very good. We also frequent the Chinese place next door, Foo Chow. It is pretty solid as well.

As for Buffalo Wild Wings, the quality is always consistent. However, the service has drastically declined since the time it has opened. We have stopped going for the time being in hoping it will turn around. Like it has been mentioned before, the quality of servers in this town is spread very thin and it seems to be showing here. Hopefully it gets better.
    Somewhat related

http://www.businessinsider.com/mille...aurants-2017-5

Chains are going to have trouble attracting the top service talent in the market. The top tier talent will follow where the money is and that money is flowing to places like, Revolve, Empire, Mule, Barrios, etc etc etc. If you sit down and think we really do have lots of awesome local places to eat and its making chains worthless.

2. Default Re: Fox Lake Plaza

Good point. Didn't the Edmond Applebee's go out of business? Good riddance.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Buffalo Wild Wings isn't near as good as it used to be. I am not sure what changed, but a decade ago they were mouthwatering. Nowadays, they might as well be KFC's boneless hot wings.

Applebee's, Chili's, TGI Friday's etc I see going the way of Bennigans and Johnny Rocket's. I think Red Robin and Ruby Tuesday have also overstayed their welcome.

4. Default Re: Fox Lake Plaza

Dirt work has started on the empty lot to the south of Whataburger. There is a rendering on a sign but it was a little too small for me to make out what it is.

It is a Communication Federal Credit Union branch.

Sign is up for Steve's Rib in the shopping center but looks like they are a ways from being ready to open. Anyone know when they are shooting to be open? I haven't eaten Steve's Rib since they closed the location at Rockwell and Hefner, as it used to be close to my old office.

This isn't Fox Lake Plaza but is right next to it.

Two hotels and a wellness park are planned for the vacant lot directly north of Fox Lake Rd. where it meets I-35 service road. They will be a True by Hilton and Residence Inn by Marriott.

http://newsok.com/developers-submit-...rticle/5578347

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    This isn't Fox Lake Plaza but is right next to it.

Two hotels and a wellness park are planned for the vacant lot directly north of Fox Lake Rd. where it meets I-35 service road. They will be a True by Hilton and Residence Inn by Marriott.

http://newsok.com/developers-submit-...rticle/5578347
    This is going to be an epic fight. Fox Lake is pretty upset

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    This is going to be an epic fight. Fox Lake is pretty upset
    When is there not a fight over development in Edmond. It’s a couple of hotels along the interstate, what’s the problem with it?

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    When is there not a fight over development in Edmond. It’s a couple of hotels along the interstate, what’s the problem with it?
    It will bring extra traffic, noise, and some crime. Look I get those concerns, but when you live in a city you have to deal with it. Rather than simply saying no which is all these NIMBYs basically try and do, they need to work to mitigate the impacts.

I mean the days are getting closer when we will start seeing proposals for skyscrapers in the suburbs of OKC like every major metropolitan city has. It’s just unreal what is fought in Edmond. Plus they live next to an interstate.

I also saw a quote in the article where someone said something the lines of this area being another boring and generic suburb. I got a good laugh and thought well yeah, have you seen your own home? All the homes out there are cookie cutter too.

Beyond the fact it’s development they don’t like the site plan. The hotels are going to face north and therefore the parking lots will be facing south and fox lake lane. They want the developer to flip it and build a new road so the neighborhood road isn’t the in and out for the hotels.

Stop me if you’ve heard this before but it’s dead. Like 100% dead.

https://twitter.com/eriechtapia/stat...930767360?s=20

Edmond will never become a luxurious and vibrant suburb like big city suburbs are if it keeps saying no to everything. I would like to have seen a little more detailed plans than what they gave and I wasn’t too excited on their “promise” for a nice park, but the city council members seem to just be focused on the fact that “this is too much for the area” not that they wanted a better quality development. There were a few things that irked me about this development but the reasons given by the council members just make me shake my head.

14. Default Re: Fox Lake Plaza

Personally, I'm glad it's dead. Didn't really care for it and living nearby and knowing people that live in that specific neighborhood I completely understood their concerns. I do think that land will be developed commercially at some point but the current configuration was bothersome. I also don't think it's demise is going to impact Edmond's pursuit of being "luxurious and vibrant." While I am still still holding out hope for a really good full service restaurant to open in that area, I do patronize many of the businesses there (Thai Delight, Great Clips, Sam's, Walmart, Chick-Fil-A, On Cue) and I did go in and open new accounts at the credit union that opened up there this week. They are giving new customer $150 for opening up an account and they have great partner discounts for Sprint customers too!

Yes, because that is just what I said. If these hotels aren't built Edmond won't be a luxurious and vibrant community. Don't worry, Edmond wasn't ever going to be that anyways and these hotels wouldn't have changed that.

16. Default Re: Fox Lake Plaza

Yes, because that is just what I said. If these hotels aren't built Edmond won't be a luxurious and vibrant community. Don't worry, Edmond wasn't ever going to be that anyways and these hotels wouldn't have changed that.
    Works for me kiddo.

Stop me if you’ve heard this before but it’s dead. Like 100% dead.

https://twitter.com/eriechtapia/stat...930767360?s=20
    One of the comments from a council member said something that 35 is an economic generator for Edmond but then voted this down. That doesnt make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Personally, I'm glad it's dead. Didn't really care for it and living nearby and knowing people that live in that specific neighborhood I completely understood their concerns. I do think that land will be developed commercially at some point but the current configuration was bothersome. I also don't think it's demise is going to impact Edmond's pursuit of being "luxurious and vibrant." While I am still still holding out hope for a really good full service restaurant to open in that area, I do patronize many of the businesses there (Thai Delight, Great Clips, Sam's, Walmart, Chick-Fil-A, On Cue) and I did go in and open new accounts at the credit union that opened up there this week. They are giving new customer $150 for opening up an account and they have great partner discounts for Sprint customers too!
    At some point though, these nos will have an effect. I guess I'd say they already are. Edmond is and will stay a good suburb but they are limiting themselves on how nice Edmond can be because of denying economic expansion and revenues. No to $100M shopping center and housing, no to two hotels adjacent to an interstate, no so far on more housing and retail at Covell, no to a grocery store. These things do have an effect and will push developers away.

One of the comments from a council member said something that 35 is an economic generator for Edmond but then voted this down. That doesnt make much sense.

At some point though, these nos will have an effect. I guess I'd say they already are. Edmond is and will stay a good suburb but they are limiting themselves on how nice Edmond can be because of denying economic expansion and revenues. No to $100M shopping center and housing, no to two hotels adjacent to an interstate, no so far on more housing and retail at Covell, no to a grocery store. These things do have an effect and will push developers away.
    He didn’t want two hotels, one would have been fine. (At least in theory).

What’s the 100 million dollar investment they killed? Spring creek plaza? Cause that’s going to get built, the developer and leader of the nimbys are pretty close to an agreement

He didn’t want two hotels, one would have been fine. (At least in theory).

What’s the 100 million dollar investment they killed? Spring creek plaza? Cause that’s going to get built, the developer and leader of the nimbys are pretty close to an agreement
    And whats the reason for one hotel being good but two is too much? Hotels are clustered everywhere throughout the city and country, especially along interstates. I just dont get it. Would be hilarious to see owners put in an RV park, which would require no approval. Edmond hands out TIF money for a convention hotel and then tells others that they arent welcome.

The Spring Creek expansion is dead and gone.

I AM EMPEROR ZOLAXTRON LEADER OF THE NIMBYs

And whats the reason for one hotel being good but two is too much? Hotels are clustered everywhere throughout the city and country, especially along interstates. I just dont get it. Would be hilarious to see owners put in an RV park, which would require no approval. Edmond hands out TIF money for a convention hotel and then tells others that they arent welcome.

The Spring Creek expansion is dead and gone.
    I dk, hence the “(in theory)” it’s super easy to say I would have supported one but since the plan is for two now I’m opposed. He wants to have it both ways.

Also, false. http://m.newsok.com/article/5571425/...-movie-complex

So, in your opinion, Edmond is screwed with or without the hotels? Hmmmm.

I dk, hence the “(in theory)” it’s super easy to say I would have supported one but since the plan is for two now I’m opposed. He wants to have it both ways.

Also, false. http://m.newsok.com/article/5571425/...-movie-complex
    Not false, its dead. They have no theater deal and have given up on doing anything here.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Works for me kiddo.
    Good for you but high density projects like these are good for the city. They maximize land use and bring more tax dollars to the city. What you are probably going to get now on that lot is a cookie cutter(though the proposed hotels were cookie cutter too) strip mall which you might like but I find quite annoying because Edmond has too many of them. Regardless, as I said. I wasn’t the biggest fan of this proposal but the city shot it down simply because they thought it was too much for the area.

But 3 miles north where the existing infrastructure doesn’t even have four lane roads to connect with other arterials yet aside from I-35 which is already experiencing high traffic volumes and will need to be widened soon, they decided it was smart to build a larger hotel complex with tons of shops and restaurants planned. It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    So, in your opinion, Edmond is screwed with or without the hotels? Hmmmm.
    Go back and read what I said. I was being facetious in that reply.

Thread Information