[/template]

Description

Enter description here.
    Latest News

Enter latest news here.
    Milestones

Links

Gallery

The Bridge House renderings were unveiled this afternoon. More great news for SoSA. There are also 2-3 other projects in the works fixing to be announced any time now! I love living in this area. This will be one cool modern neighborhood in another 5-10 years. *Disclosure: No I did not rip this off a newspaper, nor would you have seen it there or anywhere else first.

You can see more renderings and site plan on Fitzsimmon's website.
    http://www.fitzsimmons-arch.com/bridge_house_9.html

Default Re: Bridge House the newest announced for SoSA district

Are you sure that this is actually being built? I mean you say "unveiled." These are drawings commissioned by Heather and Keith Paul. But Rand Elliott also was hired to do conceptual drawings.

The house next to it was however approved at the DDRC this week.

Exactly where is this?

4. Default Re: Bridge House the newest announced for SoSA district

Metro, no one accused you of ripping it off the newspaper. I think this is a very exciting project - was impressed when Keith Paul tweeted it this morning. I look forward to hearing more next week!

This is a project on the North side of NW 5th street between Dewey and Lee Streets. On Thursday, the DDRC also approved plans for the Spencer house. If you look at the rendering above, the Spencer house is to be located where the steps/retaining blocks are in the photograph to the far left.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Metro, no one accused you of ripping it off the newspaper. I think this is a very exciting project - was impressed when Keith Paul tweeted it this morning. I look forward to hearing more next week!
    I thought in his tweet it just said that it was next to his office and that it wasnt his..?

After all, you heard it first from metro here on OKC Talk.

I am very excited for this because it looks like it will have a lot more visibility than most SoSA homes. FreeSoSA.com has always had a few renderings up that hint at what the next project always is.

If someone builds something sharp in the deep south blocks of Midtown, the area that's immediately south of what's
    carved out by some as SoSA, will it be considered to be big news for SoSoSA or DeSoSoSA.

Just trying to keep up, and that's not always easy when you're formative years was purt much limited to right side and wrong side of da tracks.

I call that area WeHud

Wow - I really love the design. More architecture like this, please...

Great house, I've never thought that area to be a hub of modern architecture. So is this a spec house or is it being built for someone?

Quote Originally Posted by mheaton76 View Post
    Saw this elsewhere today. It's pretty, but even if i could, I don't know that I'd purchase it at its list
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...l?mod=yahoo_RE

fyi - link takes a bit to load completely

What is SoSa? Many times people post acronyms like CBD, SoSa, WeHud, DDRC, etc. assuming everyone knows what they are talking about.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by plmccordj; 08-22-2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: needed to add another acronym from this thread to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by plmccordj View Post
    What is SoSa? Many times people post acronyms like CBD, SoSa, WeHud, DDRC, etc. assuming everyone knows what they are talking about.

Thanks in advance.
    South Of Saint Anthony's

This morning they started excavating the old retaining walls, steps, and sidewalks where the Spencer house will be next to the "Bridge House" fronting 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Great house, I've never thought that area to be a hub of modern architecture. So is this a spec house or is it being built for someone?
    The Pauls.

guess i am confused too . . . who actually designed the house? Did Fitzsimons or Elliot design it?

Ok guys...the images posted originally on the thread are taken from our website, fitzsimmons-arch.com, and were of a conceptual design commissioned by the Pauls, but will not be built on their property on 5th Street. They chose to go another direction for that parcel. While we very much enjoy the attention the area is getting and there are several new projects underway from both ourselves and other designers, maybe it would be a good idea to first, verify that "facts" prior to posting information and secondly, to ask permission of the architect or designer before posting images from their websites or other sources. This is a pretty common courtesy and would be appreciated by us as well as others I'm sure.
    As most of you are aware we remain very active in the near downtown area and there are a lot of exciting projects in the works.
    Thank you for your time. Peace.
    Larry @ Fitzsimmons Architects

19. Default Re: Bridge House the newest announced for SoSA district

I could comment on this. But I won't. Too easy. Still a bit confused though by the the image posted here and my recollection of it being posted by Paul. Or were they different images?

20. Default Re: Bridge House the newest announced for SoSA district

Quote Originally Posted by pop312 View Post
    Ok guys...the images posted originally on the thread are taken from our website, fitzsimmons-arch.com, and were of a conceptual design commissioned by the Pauls, but will not be built on their property on 5th Street. They chose to go another direction for that parcel. While we very much enjoy the attention the area is getting and there are several new projects underway from both ourselves and other designers, maybe it would be a good idea to first, verify that "facts" prior to posting information and secondly, to ask permission of the architect or designer before posting images from their websites or other sources. This is a pretty common courtesy and would be appreciated by us as well as others I'm sure.
    As most of you are aware we remain very active in the near downtown area and there are a lot of exciting projects in the works.
    Thank you for your time. Peace.
    Larry @ Fitzsimmons Architects
    HAHAHA, metro, fact check dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    It was a lighthearted joke after your diatribe in the other thread, but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    After all, you heard it first from metro here on OKC Talk.

I am very excited for this because it looks like it will have a lot more visibility than most SoSA homes. FreeSoSA.com has always had a few renderings up that hint at what the next project always is.
    Not always Spartan, and it still doesn't have this rendering, nor the one of the Peoples project that will hopefully launch soon on NW 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    You should drive the neighborhood, quite a few modern houses are here with more in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by mheaton76 View Post
    See above comment.

22. Default Re: Bridge House the newest announced for SoSA district

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    It was a lighthearted joke after your diatribe in the other thread, but I digress.
    I don't do diatribes. I only do rants.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    Are you sure that this is actually being built? I mean you say "unveiled." These are drawings commissioned by Heather and Keith Paul. But Rand Elliott also was hired to do conceptual drawings.
    Not to float my questioning comment again, but what exactly is this Twitter announcement everyone keeps hanging on to that somehow gave this thread credence?

As Larry said, they are "conceptual" drawings. Clients often hire multiple architects to explore their property and what might be done with it. It is not uncommon for such drawings to become part of an architect's portfolio. From what I remember, Rand's drawings were equally as impressive. Both Brian and Rand are impressive assets in our community. Not to mention the Pauls. I am encouraged that at some point in the future there will probably be something exciting constructed there.

If anything, we are glad to have A Good Egg Group headquartered here in this neighborhood next to the site being discussed.

The Pauls have been mentioned 3 times. Who are they?

They are partners in A Good Egg Group which created the fantastic restaurants Cheevers, Market C, Red Prime, Iron Star, and Pops. Did I forget any? lol

Thread Information