Widgets Magazine

Thread: For Your Information

1. Default For Your Information

Advisory Message has been issued by the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office.

Tuesday August 3, 2010 1:03 PM CDT

OCSO TO PARTICIPATE IN ROUTE 66 ROUNDUP - SEATBELT ENFORCEMENT.

(OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLA.) – Law enforcement officers from 15 Oklahoma agencies are teaming up Friday, August 6 to crack down on seat belt violations along historic Route 66.

The 24-hour crackdown begins at 12 midnight, and high-visibility enforcement will take place along the Highway 66 “Mother Road.” Saturation patrols and checkpoints will be conducted from the western border of Canadian County to the eastern border of Oklahoma County, with other agencies joining in similar mobilizations elsewhere.

Lt. Garrett Vowell from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said the crackdown is part of an effort to enhance seat belt enforcement and improve Oklahoma’s usage rate year-round, “The newest statistics show that Oklahoma’s seat belt use rate is 85.9 percent for 2010,” he said. “That’s a 1.7 percent increase over 2009, but we still have a long way to go before every driver and every passenger is appropriately buckled up.”

Vowell said officers also will be watching for child passenger seat violations during the Roundup. “We want to educate people about the appropriate type of child seat for their kids. No law enforcement officer wants to work a crash where a child was injured or killed because he or she wasn’t in the correct type of car seat, or it was improperly installed.”

Vowell said similar Roundups will take place at least four times a year in the future and will eventually include all 400 miles of Oklahoma’s Route 66, “Projects like the Roundup are part of the reason our usage rate has improved recently, but we want every driver and every passenger to buckle up. That’s the easiest and best way to protect yourself in the event of a crash.”

Police Departments taking part in the Aug. 6 crackdown include El Reno, Yukon, Bethany, Warr Acres, Edmond, Oklahoma City, Arcadia, Claremore, Catoosa, Chelsea, Verdigris and Weatherford. Other agencies include the Canadian County and Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

For full details, go to https://local.nixle.com/alert/3035997/.

Default Re: For Your Information

Ugh. Wear your seatbelt or else big brother (or should I say fat cop?) will not be happy. Whatever. I wear my seat belt because I don't want my face shredded by the glass windshield - not because of some pigs on route 66 saying I have to.

Lord Helmet Guest

Default Re: For Your Information

Why would anyone NOT wear a seatbelt??

4. Default Re: For Your Information

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Why would anyone NOT wear a seatbelt??
    If they were on a schoolbus.

5. Default Re: For Your Information

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzytoad View Post
    If they were on a schoolbus.
    Not really funny given the story that came out of Missouri yesterday about the band trip buses that crashed.
    Still corrupting young minds

6. Default Re: For Your Information

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    Not really funny given the story that came out of Missouri yesterday about the band trip buses that crashed.
    why would you find it funny?

I think it's effing retarded that school buses don't have seatbelts

7. Default Re: For Your Information

You can question the source, but this is what I found:

This is why school buses don't have seatbelts
    Still corrupting young minds

Thread Information