Widgets Magazine

Thread: Widening of Lindsey st. by the duck pond

Default Widening of Lindsey st. by the duck pond

SIAP, but can someone explain the reasoning behind this?

From what I understand, they are widening lindsey street from the stadium to the railroad tracks, an area that has to be at the MOST a half-mile long. Being a student and driving this area daily, I never experienced traffic issues in this area because of it being only 1 lane. All the major traffic issues are on lindsey going west towards the highway. I guess my only issue with it is that besides the fact that there is no need traffic wise to extend the 2 lane-lindsey another half mile, they are also going to be removing part of the duck pond. Again, sorry if already posted, but it is something that really makes no sense to me at all.

Default Re: Widening of Lindsey st. by the duck pond

I believe the ultimate plan is for Lindsey to be widened from I-35 to Classen (it's already been made wider east of Classen some time back

I would definitely LOVE for that to happen. But with all of the houses along lindsey street between the stadium and I-35, I don't see how they could pull that off.

It is my understanding, which of course could be wrong, that they will widen Lindsey from I-35 to Berry, then stay 2 lanes until this stretch under discussion. Big, little, big.

5. Default Re: Widening of Lindsey st. by the duck pond

As part of the widening project, the duck pond pedestrian bridge and the stone fence posts will be relocated to the north. Also, the Lindsey St. water tower will be torn down.

the stretch from jenkins to the tracks is supposed to have a median with turn gaps from what i remember. as to whether the widening is needed...? that chunk of land just south of lindsey that has been cleared is going to be redeveloped by OU, either a big residential tower or some squatty retirement cottages. I don't remember which is the most recent consideration but i believe they delayed the plans for the mean time.

I am glad they are relocating the bridge. It would have been bad to see that go.

Thread Information