Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Norman "the enlightened suburb?"

Default Re: Is Norman "the enlightened suburb?"

Is Spartan "the enlightened poster?"

Norman does have thugs. You can't have a community of its size and it be thug free. That's not really possible even for a community 1/10 its size for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    the last post is so funny...
    Funny... becuase you probably don't understand what Spartan said. It's real easy to spout off snarky comments without having a basis for them. I respectfully understand you disagree with what many are saying about Norman; however, I'm not sure you are doing the same with the way you're responding. You look like a fool.

Norman is enlightened in a sense that it brings educated people from not only the entire country, but from all over the world. I can't remember the stats off the top of head, but I believe 40% of Norman's 25 and over population has a bachelors degree.

you are the one who is a fool since you are all worked up about it lol.. get over yourself, maybe you need some blood pressure meds, if this subject is bothering you so much lol. Wow cant believe lil ole me is getting someone who is so educated worked up.. lol.. ps.. there are others one here who are also agreeing with me, so are those people fools as well? I guess we are not in your little enlightened world ( norman) to understand anything you say.. and andrew4ou since you have only posted 7 post your who time on okctalk 33 % of them being on this subject, I really cant take you serious since you are probably using another account on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Is Spartan "the enlightened poster?"
    He most certainly is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    you are the one who is a fool since you are all worked up about it lol.. get over yourself, maybe you need some blood pressure meds, if this subject is bothering you so much lol. Wow cant believe lil ole me is getting someone who is so educated worked up.. lol.. ps.. there are others one here who are also agreeing with me, so are those people fools as well? I guess we are not in your little enlightened world ( norman) to understand anything you say.. and andrew4ou since you have only posted 7 post your who time on okctalk 33 % of them being on this subject, I really cant take you serious since you are probably using another account on this board.
    No, the others are not fools, because they don't respond with the contempt that you use in your posts. The post I quoted above is a great example of that.

And great work and logic, Sherlock. Because I do not post frequently you assume that I have another alias? Uhh... Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
    What is Norman doing about sustainability?
    Limiting sprawl by artificially inflating the cost of a residential building permit. Actually enforcing areas where development is not recommended due to environmental protection. Creating an inner city that is attracting the majority of new Norman residents now. Encouraging ridership on a bus system that is far more efficient than OKC's much-maligned one. To name a few.

Thanks!

andrew4ou get over yourself, before you got all up in my space, I was responding to other peoples post as well, not just you.. big headed much lol. this isnt all about you, this was the fact i disagree with what was said at the very start of this subject about it being the best planned urban development, not just your responses, andrew4ou stop jumpin the gun and attacking people when you yourself dont even know what is going on,.this is my last response to you andrew4ou..

Anyone recall what the city moms and dads ever decided to do regarding a new library?
    I'm brain dead as to whether they intend another vote, have given the idea a final fergitaboutit or are looking for something else to tie it on to in roder to give it stronger support.

I believe they intend another vote. I think they scrapped the idea of Main and Porter. The long-range stormwater plan will eliminate some houses on Acres and the water tower for a large pond-thingie, and the library would go just north, where Rhodes Granary is now.

the city bought land for two new fire houses to be built and last i heard were wanting to piggy back some new branch libraries on the same land.

And apparently I'm "The Enlightened Poster" on here now. So everybody has to agree with what I say and talk about how profound and infinite my wisdom is.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    And apparently I'm "The Enlightened Poster" on here now. So everybody has to agree with what I say and talk about how profound and infinite my wisdom is.

Yeah, sadly, enlightened is a whole heck of a lot like being humble. Once you see that ya is, ya ain't.

Safe travels when you head back north all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
    I believe they intend another vote. I think they scrapped the idea of Main and Porter. The long-range stormwater plan will eliminate some houses on Acres and the water tower for a large pond-thingie, and the library would go just north, where Rhodes Granary is now.

So we'd set the library fairly tight up to the tracks. Hmmmm, I guess all Story Times for the wee ones can center on the Adventures of Thomas the Train, complete with sound effects.

I love my adoptive town sometimes.

I think it is reasonable to ask those who feel like norman is not the enlightened suburb which suburb they feel is?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    I think it is reasonable to ask those who feel like norman is not the enlightened suburb which suburb they feel is?
    Well, Jesseda, who seems to be the main detractor, is from Moore. I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth but what do you suppose the thought process is there?

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Well, Jesseda, who seems to be the main detractor, is from Moore. I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth but what do you suppose the thought process is there?
    The sprawl-fest glory of 19th Street and musical stylings of Sir Toby Keith, maybe?

oh good lord, did i post anything about moore being a ideal town, no!! Again I dismiss people jumping the gun lol, I am not from moore lol, I now live in moore back and forth since a child, but I am from the Bay area,the person who posted i am from moore is pretty much a oaf since not even knowing where i truely am from. Moving on to towns around major cities that I think are way better and my idea of a heaven are Brentwood california or discovery bay california...Boy I open up some wounds on this so called pandora of a town

So stay in Oklahoma all the time and be blessfully unenlightened to the wonders of the world outside Oklahoma. But then I've been to 21 states, including California, and unfortunately not all that unenlightened how Oklahoma compares, frequently not as impressive.

Well then answer my question Jesseda, what is the enlightened suburb? I gave you the definition of the word "enlightened", which fits norman perfectly. But of course you ignored it.

And i LMFAO @ you for brining in cities from other states to try and back up your argument. What do they have to do with norman's enlightenment?

you asked "I think it is reasonable to ask those who feel like norman is not the enlightened suburb which suburb they feel is?" good god remember your own post.. I gave you my answer lol.. im glad your city of norman has insight, and are informed, educated and have knowledge, i just gave you my opinion on other cities that are more enlightened than norman is to me...you asked, I answered and now you get upset lol.. but enlightened also means to be open minded which it seems that you are not since you will not listen to what anyone has to say without arguing about it, but this is about a enlightened city not a enlightened person even though a city being called enlightened, is mainly due to enlightened people who live in that city.

Call me crazy, but doesn't the question kind of assume that we're comparing Norman to the rest of the suburbs of OKC, and not to every other suburb on Planet Earth?

when he asked yesturday which suburb he didnt state okc suburbs, so i gave him my answer to areas i use to live in.. if he is just asking about the okc metro suburbs that narrows it down to about 6-8 small cities, then it would be a tie between norman and edmond, unless now its narrowed down to just south okc metro then its probably norman lol

Jesseda, why the hell would i care about suburbs in other cities? Are you that dumb? I meant suburbs in the OKC area. Maybe you need to take a few classes in logic or critical thinking, and then start posting again. Because not only do you not make any sense in any of your posts, but the way you type is pretty annoying as well. You type like my 70 year old grandmother.

However, I am glad I got an answer out of you. Now that you say it is a tie between Norman and Edmond, why did you even start arguing in the first place?

Thread Information