Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tacky joke from 'comedian'

Default Tacky joke from 'comedian'

Interesting quote from comedian Gabe Kea (son of former NHLer Ed Kea) a few weeks ago regarding the Thunder....

"NBA players have shown us their league can only support 4 - 5 franchises.. every other city is just filler... sorry Oklahoma City, i know you felt like an actual city there for a minute, but Kevin Durant will be leaving eventually."

Kind of funny coming from a guy originally from St Louis and living in Cincinnati....neither team home to an NBA franchise.

Gabe Kea Facebook

Default Re: Tacky joke from 'comedian'

Comedian? Thats not even remotely funny..

You can't let this stuff get to you. It makes it seem like you have a chip on your shoulder. You're a newcomer on the major league seen, take your lump, and move on.

Newcomer to the major league scene or not, it was still an ignorant comment by the "comedian."

Quote Originally Posted by Of Sound Mind View Post
    Newcomer to the major league scene or not, it was still an ignorant comment by the "comedian."
    It wasn't even a knock at the city, it was take on how all the NBA's superstars seem to be teaming up. It was a joke, get over it.

^^ Agreed,I knew when OKC got The Sonics,that stuff like this would be said and for The most part it's kinda funny,and really I thought OKC would have been The butt of alot of jokes but it's been kinda quite!

Seems reasonable and almost all superstars will do whatever it takes to win at least one champeenship...Beyond happy with getting to see a top 5 player play this small market for 9 yrs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StormFan93 View Post
    You can't let this stuff get to you. It makes it seem like you have a chip on your shoulder. You're a newcomer on the major league seen, take your lump, and move on.

StormFan93:

You have got to realize that OKC is new to this big league stuff.

We are a break-through city going thru the initiation channels of becoming a real big league city (still 7-10 years away); so there are going to be those of us who are a bit sensitive when remarks are made about our town--including myself.

Sometimes it takes someone who if far removed from out situation to recognize the real meaning of a joke!

Thanks for recognizing this without any put-downs...

Quote Originally Posted by SweetNSourPoke View Post
    Interesting quote from comedian Gabe Kea (son of former NHLer Ed Kea) a few weeks ago regarding the Thunder....

"NBA players have shown us their league can only support 4 - 5 franchises.. every other city is just filler... sorry Oklahoma City, i know you felt like an actual city there for a minute, but Kevin Durant will be leaving eventually."

Kind of funny coming from a guy originally from St Louis and living in Cincinnati....neither team home to an NBA franchise.

Gabe Kea Facebook
    This guy must try to suppliment his foodstamps by doing standup...

Quote Originally Posted by jstaylor62 View Post
    This guy must try to suppliment his foodstamps by doing standup...
    That's kinda what I was thinking..."Sorry, Gabe. I know you thought you were a comedian there for a minute, but you can't live off your dad's name forever."

I not offended that the joke was about okc. I'm offended that the joke was not funny whatsoever.

Because Sacramento is the thriving metropolis that it is.

The only real response to this joke is, "Don't quit your day job".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TaoMaas View Post
    The only real response to this joke is, "Don't quit your day job".
    Amen!

15. Default Re: Tacky joke from 'comedian'

Really, all I have to say to those who are truly offended by this joke is the following...

16. Default Re: Tacky joke from 'comedian'

Quote Originally Posted by El Gato Pollo Loco!!! View Post
    Really, all I have to say to those who are truly offended by this joke is the following...
    Agreed..

Too many people in this city are over-sensitive about *anything* said about it, positive or negative..

Also, from Gabe Kea's facebook: "Mike Cody You know what's really sad? If they hadn't attacked you on their message board I would have never known that Oklahoma City even had an NBA team. Now quit living off your father's food stamps or whatever it was they said about you!"

Thread Information