Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Warren Expanding ?

Default Re: Warren Expanding ?

I'm actually really sad that this will be a digital IMAX instead of an analog one. The digital resolution is so much lower. Currently Imax uses two overlapped 2K projectors for an effective resolution of 2160x2048 pixels as far as I know. At this massive size, you are going to be able to see those pixels from a mile away.

Analog IMAX uses 70mm film, which is estimated to produce approximately 6120x4500 discernible pixels.

On a 4000 sqft screen:
    Digital: Each pixel is .13 square inches
    Analog: Each "pixel" is .02 square inches
    Thats over 6 times less clarity. . .

TL;DR: Don't sit on the front row.

I'd have to check some specs to be sure, but I believe you're dealing with the upper bound of what the average human eye can realistically discern at much of an appreciable distance.

Saw the woman in black today and before it they said blah blah blah then I heard "not just the biggest in Oklahoma, but the whole world too" beast

So, tickets are on sale now. BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Its referring to the projector. Rather than using physical film, the Warren IMAX will use a digital projector that uses computer files for the movies.
    In your face China! LOL

Nice! Love that they're showing the Dark Knight...I was jealous of my friends near IMAX theaters in '08 when that movie came out.

That article mentioned those old movies will be 1/2 price this next week, but made no mention of the original price. Anyone know?

Largest digital screen in the world at the moment. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by iMAX386 View Post
    Nice! Love that they're showing the Dark Knight...I was jealous of my friends near IMAX theaters in '08 when that movie came out.

That article mentioned those old movies will be 1/2 price this next week, but made no mention of the original price. Anyone know?

From the website (www.mooreimax.com):

3D IMAX PRICES:
    Adult (Matinee) - $13.00
    Adult (Evening) - $16.00
    Senior - $13.00
    Child - $12.00

2D IMAX PRICES:
    Adult (Matinee) - $10.00
    Adult (Evening) - $13.00
    Senior - $10.00
    Child - $9.00

Interestingly, they claim this first week is "half off," but that's only "half off the evening adult 3D price regardless of age and despite one of the movies is in 2D."

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    From the website (www.mooreimax.com):

3D IMAX PRICES:
    Adult (Matinee) - $13.00
    Adult (Evening) - $16.00
    Senior - $13.00
    Child - $12.00

2D IMAX PRICES:
    Adult (Matinee) - $10.00
    Adult (Evening) - $13.00
    Senior - $10.00
    Child - $9.00

Interestingly, they claim this first week is "half off," but that's only "half off the evening adult 3D price regardless of age and despite one of the movies is in 2D."
    Well, they could just be charging full price this weekend... so really does it matter?

Tickets this next week are $8 for those 2 movies according to the website. Which is either $2 or $5 (3D) cheaper.

Go Moore...It's your birthday

http://m.newsok.com/s;jsessionid=86B...566&f=business

MOORE — IMAX ticket sales at the Warren Theatres were the highest of any in the world during its opening week, said Bill Warren, who owns the theater and several others in Kansas.

The Moore theater has sold the most IMAX tickets of any theater in North America since it opened Feb. 24. Even before the IMAX, the Warren in Moore was one of the top grossing theaters in the country, he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Go Moore...It's your birthday

http://m.newsok.com/s;jsessionid=86B...566&f=business

MOORE — IMAX ticket sales at the Warren Theatres were the highest of any in the world during its opening week, said Bill Warren, who owns the theater and several others in Kansas.

The Moore theater has sold the most IMAX tickets of any theater in North America since it opened Feb. 24. Even before the IMAX, the Warren in Moore was one of the top grossing theaters in the country, he said.
    But of course ... because there is nothing else to do in central OK. Same reason the nearby Furr's is always full ... no where else good to go eat. Or so i hear.

(ducks and runs for cover before someone picks up the hater bombs and tosses them right back at me.)

15. Default Re: Warren Expanding ?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    But of course ... because there is nothing else to do in central OK. Same reason the nearby Furr's is always full ... no where else good to go eat. Or so i hear.

(ducks and runs for cover before someone picks up the hater bombs and tosses them right back at me.)
    I disagree with you, but for a different reason. The Warren Theatre is unique. I have brought friends from all over the country to see a movie there and they are almost always very complimentary. In most cities, you just have the standard Regal/AMC fare with an occasional boutique theatre. I guarantee you if Warren decided to expand into much larger markets, he would be incredibly successful as well. Moore got a coup with the theatre.

Thread Information