Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Warren Expanding ?

Default Re: Warren Expanding ?

Anyone know what the restaurant will be yet? Was at the Furr's this morning and saw that building on the outparcel coming along nicely. Frame is done it appears.

A new Hal Smith restaurant concept.

I think we covered that a while ago....was just asking if anyone knew the name or theme.

On City of Moore Facebook it was stated to be Hollies Flat Iron Steakhouse about a month or two ago

I found the link:
    https://www.facebook.com/cityofmoore...60671427295391

The Hal Smith Restaurant Group is building a steakhouse which should open after the first of the year. The name will be Hollies Flat Iron Steakhouse. Likely open only for dinner (after 4pm) with the possibility of being open for lunch on the weekends. Hal Smith owns and operates Charleston's, Red Rock Canyon Grill, and Toby Keith's to name a few.
    Last edited by flintysooner; 09-24-2011 at 05:11 PM. Reason: added the link

There is a new post on the City of Moore FB page: "A world class IMAX is not the only surprise coming from Warren Theatres! Press Announcement - October 20, 2011.

Hmmm....wonder what it could be? If I remember correctly they still have an outparcel available on the northeast side of their property?

Exciting to hear about additional development!

20 more days and we'll know.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    Hmmm....wonder what it could be? If I remember correctly they still have an outparcel available on the northeast side of their property?
    It's not about that, in the Moore Monthly article from May they said shortly after they start construction on the IMAX, "they’ll also be announcing plans for construction on two more auditoriums to begin soon after that."
    http://www.mooremonthly.com/news/261...oming-to-moore
    Last edited by russellc; 10-01-2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: misquote

What the hell could it be?

11. Default Re: Warren Expanding ?

There's is now a sign out in front.

"Hollie's Flatiron Steakhouse"

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    Anyone know what the restaurant will be yet? Was at the Furr's this morning and saw that building on the outparcel coming along nicely. Frame is done it appears.

Apparently this announcement has been pushed back to November 3rd...

Balls.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Apparently this announcement has been pushed back to November 3rd...
    Ahhh! Why push back a press release? October 20th felt far enough away already, now another 2 weeks? BS

Im going to be disppointed if it turns out to be just two auditoriums. They could announce that now if they wanted and apparently it was all ready leaked to Moore officials.

hopefully its something great

If I remember correctly, in the printed version (which was longer) of the link I posted above, Mr. Warren says the 2 new auditoriums will be a new concept, and he was still working on copyright stuff before he would make the announcement. Maybe that is why it was pushed back. I hope we find out soon!

Posted on FB at about 1am.

My guess is leather chair recliners and able to order from the menu like the two balconies can...Just no booze

Maybe, but I hardly think you'd have copyright entanglements for a table-service movie theater. I mean, in reality, they already have that with the balcony seating. Sure seems like it would have to be "bigger" than that to justify all the double-secret promotion. They're likening it to the construction of the IMAX, so surely its something more movie-related than table service food.

Guess we'll find out Friday...

Wouldn't it be cool if the decor was all movie themed and their staff were dressed as movie characters? I could see that taking quite a bit of licensing.

Maybe it is an announcement of a new Theater complex being built at another location. This would help conceal the location until the press announcement.

Doubt it. He has mentioned many times that he doesn't want to oversaturate the market. Never know, though. Plans change.

I think it has something to do with the Moore location as they've been hyping it on their Moore specific sites and not on their general Warren site. Hopefully it's not something silly like D-Box seats.

Thread Information