Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where did Journey Church come from?

Default Re: Where did Journey Church come from?

While a student at OU back in 2000, I used to drive all the way from Norman to Edmond to worship at Life Church. I started attending Journey when they were located in the Sam's location because it was closer. I've been attending Journey since and credit them with my return to worshipping Christ. I've never felt pressured to donate money. I understand the hesitation and skepticism for mega-churches, but I feel right at home at Journey. It should be noted I grew up worshipping in much smaller churches when I was younger.

I'd encourage anyone looking to learn about Christ to give Journey a try. God Bless!

I was referring to the 150th & Penn as the NW OKC campus compared to Edmond which was the former Metro Church campus, I guess that is just called the OKC campus now. The NW Highway campus happened around the time or after I left Life Church and moved to Austin. When I moved Tulsa and Stillwater were the only campuses outside the OKC area.

Oh ok. Yeah they've always just called it the OKC Campus. It's really Edmond to me, even though I know technically it's still OKC city limits. Not sure why they don't call it North OKC Campus or the "main campus", etc. I know Pastor Craig doesn't like the word "main campus" or to think that there is a main campus, etc. It's always been the original campus to me, and it's where the church broadcasts worldwide out of. The campus the church refers to as NW campus is the one you're referring to at NW Exp. and MacArthur. I helped launch that campus and have been there since it opened. No pretty sure we had several out of state before Stillwater was added. I think the two in Phoenix area and maybe Nashville too. Can't remember. I've been at the church about 12 of it's 14 years in existence so my memory is fairly good.

Thread Information