Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moore Stadium Upgrades

Default Re: Moore Stadium Upgrades

That was back when my sister went to Northmoor! It was changed to the All-Stars by the time I got there.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Agreed Pete....to spend that much money on a high school football stadium is just stupid. There have to be better things to spend 60 million in a school district than a freaking football stadium. And while football is popular in TX, what high school needs a 18K stadium? That's just beyond stupid and shows how misplaced their priorities are. We're not quite as misguided here, but we often see the same things happen here.

Look at Union high school. The UMAC is a good example of a private/public relationship gone stupid. Union gets this massive gym that's really a collegiate level facility stuck on their school....but the school doesn't own it. The school has to pay to use the facility...how dumb is that?
    Union's stadium is probably around 18,000 seats. I know Moore Stadium seats around 12,000. Extra seating would be nice, because for Moore War we've always tried to pack in close to 30,000...it may be more than that.

3. Default Re: Moore Stadium Upgrades

In ACTUAL seating, not even close. They pack more people in there, but none of those stadiums have that capacity.

Think about it for a second, TU is less than 20K and it's far larger than Union...even after the reduction.

UCO is more along the 20K line.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Union's stadium is probably around 18,000 seats. I know Moore Stadium seats around 12,000. Extra seating would be nice, because for Moore War we've always tried to pack in close to 30,000...it may be more than that.
    18,000 max for Moore War, never even close to 30,000. I've been to every one of them, and see the figures for estimated attendance based on how many came through the gate each time.

5. Default Re: Moore Stadium Upgrades

Dio - I wish they had never split. I hate how OKC schools think they always have to split up the schools. It ends up putting us at a disadvantage on so many fronts in comparison to our Tulsa counterparts. Not to mention it absolutely ensures that the oldest building will start a socioeconomic downfall once the new one has opened. Just take a look at how little cash has been put into Moore until recently...and only because Southmoore exists now. Look around and you'll see the pattern repeated in similar districts.

Norman v. Norman North, a perennial absolute master in so many activities...now Norman is falling and North is only now finally making a name for itself.

PC v West v North, just tell me where you think the focus here is. West may not be the oldest, but it's definitely the most forgotten facility. I think the stadium has had more updates than that building.

MWC v DC v CA, ok so here I think they really have balanaced the buildings themselves all right since they maintain equal facilities at all 3. But again, why have all 3? If Moore could have been one high school, why did Mid-Del need 3? Why does CA even exist except to drain population from the other schools? It started as the farm school, but they barely even have FFA there now.

Not even touching Edmond - they don't really compare to anyone else. They still CURRENTLY have enough tax flow into their district that all 3 are equal.

All the while places like Mustang and Yukon have maintained a single school like BA, Owasso, Jenks, Union, etc. Just think about the extra resources that a large school has. Consolidate labs and you can put more money into them, better supplies. One larger stadium/gym/etc for athletics. The bands...come on. Think if all three Edmonds, or the PC's, Normans, Mid-Dels, etc all were only one band! Same goes for the atheltics. It's absolutely amazing that the smaller 6A's compete at all. That someone like MWC can win a basketball title or go to a football semifinals is a HUGE testement to the coaches. MWC is about 1/4 the size of BA.

Now take this with a grain of salt, but, I was told today, the new video board at the stadium will be 55 ft tall and approx. 30 ft wide. This year it will be limited in what they can do with it, but next year the sky is the limit. Live feed, replay capacity, etc.

My friend at Moore said that they just installed the new scoreboard but it looks exactly like the old one?

Quote Originally Posted by andimthomas View Post
    My friend at Moore said that they just installed the new scoreboard but it looks exactly like the old one?
    The video board will be on the field house end(east) and most of it is still in crates. Opposite end from the scoreboard.

Heard some more rumors about the videoboard today. Apparently it's going to be the biggest any 6A school in Oklahoma has.

I wish they had kept the old light towers, they gave the place character.

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    Now take this with a grain of salt, but, I was told today, the new video board at the stadium will be 55 ft tall and approx. 30 ft wide. This year it will be limited in what they can do with it, but next year the sky is the limit. Live feed, replay capacity, etc.
    55 tall and 30 feet wide? Sure that's not reversed? Otherwise, that's one oddball video board....

Westmoore sure did great last night in scrimmage against Ike. Lost 28-0.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    55 tall and 30 feet wide? Sure that's not reversed? Otherwise, that's one oddball video board....
    Yeah sorry.

Edit: Oh I thought I said that. Nevermind. I hate how you can't delete posts in vBulletin.

I hate how you can't delete posts in vBulletin.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared6 View Post
    Westmoore sure did great last night in scrimmage against Ike. Lost 28-0.
    Does not matter, Westmoore will still defeat the Lions

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    Does not matter, Westmoore will still defeat the Lions
    And Southmoore will defeat Westmoore

And Southmoore will defeat Westmoore
    No they won't but we will see!

18. Default Re: Moore Stadium Upgrades

the moore (sad) war was really sort of dumb last year. Southmoore was by far the best of the three schools, but lost to Moore (the worst). Then you've got Westmoore that just sat in the middle. So no one actually WON the war...it was a stalemate.

I'm sorry, but unless Moore has made HUGE changes....man they sucked soooo bad last year. And they've been bad for years. And sorry to say so, but Westmoore hasn't exactlly been pushing the last rounds of playoffs for a while either. Southmoore hasn't been around long enough to build their own legacy. They just cruised off of the other two school's kids so far. I'm going to give them a few more years to work through all 4 grades before I judge them.

the moore (sad) war was really sort of dumb last year. Southmoore was by far the best of the three schools, but lost to Moore (the worst). Then you've got Westmoore that just sat in the middle. So no one actually WON the war...it was a stalemate.

I'm sorry, but unless Moore has made HUGE changes....man they sucked soooo bad last year. And they've been bad for years. And sorry to say so, but Westmoore hasn't exactlly been pushing the last rounds of playoffs for a while either. Southmoore hasn't been around long enough to build their own legacy. They just cruised off of the other two school's kids so far. I'm going to give them a few more years to work through all 4 grades before I judge them.
    Two other school's kids, try about 10 other schools. They, south-MHS is not through recruiting yet. They got away with it once, why stop? Five (5) of the best freshmen from Moore High were "persuaded" to move over to south-MHS within two weeks before school started, and they are working on two(2) of the best freshmen from Westmoore. Cheating is not cheating if you don't get caught or PUNISHED.

That was two years ago. Last year Southmoore defeated both MHS and WHS.

21. Default Re: Moore Stadium Upgrades

If you think they are recruiting, then it needs to be reproted to the OSSAA. But you actually need to have proof of it, not just hearsay assumption. I'm not commenting that they do/don't though. I'm just saying, we all knew Jenks has done it for decades, but look how long it took for something to happen. And really, nothing happened because tub-o-lard is back coaching there again, and the district made sure he didn't lose any salary during the debacle. It's sad when they'll make sure his full salary is paid when he's not a certified teacher and all he's qualified to do is "fundraising", but still makes at least twice a classroom teacher does. But that's off-topic.

Anyone have any pictures of the new upgrades?

If you think they are recruiting, then it needs to be reproted to the OSSAA. But you actually need to have proof of it, not just hearsay assumption. I'm not commenting that they do/don't though. I'm just saying, we all knew Jenks has done it for decades, but look how long it took for something to happen. And really, nothing happened because tub-o-lard is back coaching there again, and the district made sure he didn't lose any salary during the debacle. It's sad when they'll make sure his full salary is paid when he's not a certified teacher and all he's qualified to do is "fundraising", but still makes at least twice a classroom teacher does. But that's off-topic.

It was reported and accusations proved to be unfounded. Like King Barry at OU use to say, if you don't like getting you "butt kicked", work hard and get better.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    It was reported and accusations proved to be unfounded. Like King Barry at OU use to say, if you don't like getting you "butt kicked", work hard and get better.
    If you really believe those kids just happened to move in from Anadarko, John Marshall, Del City, etc and weren't recruited, you need to put down the crack pipe.

24. Default Re: Moore Stadium Upgrades

Jenks never recruited huh? How about a personal story that confirms it?...

When I was a sophomore in hs years ago, we had gone back to Alabama to visit relatives. My mom's best friend from high school came over and proceeded to tell us about how her son had been contacted by a Jenks assistant coach to come play there. Not just one call either...weeks of them. When they said no because they didn't have a job lined up, moving is a pain, etc....they had a booster call his dad the next week and offer him a job. It actually did/does happen. It's all in whether someone can gather enough evidence to prove it. There are stories repeated all over the state.

It happens in basketball too, but since we're so football cenctric in OK, we ignore it. Tell me you don't think private schools recruit either huh?

But back to the stadium....

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    if you don't like getting you "butt kicked", work hard and get better.
    True that.

I'll snap some when I'm at Moore War next week. Can't guarantee they'll be great though.

Thread Information