Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111257107 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 4246
  1. #151

    Default Re: More Political Humor

    So whatever it is you think I'm wrong about, mea culpa. I can't be right all the time. It's still funny to me. Here's some info about your little darling forgein policy expert...

    Just when you thought the whole "I can see Russia from Alaska" thing couldn't get any funnier...CNN's Gary Tuchman delivers the goods: it turns out that Sarah Palin has never seen Russia from Alaska.

    Tuchman went up to the part of Alaska from which you can actually see Russia, a remote island called Little Diomede located just 2.4 miles from its Russian twin, Big Diomede.

    It turns out Gary Tuchman's trip to Little Diomede sets him apart from Sarah Palin -- because she's never actually been there, nor has she set eyes on its neighbor in Russia.

    Tuchman says that only 150 people live on Little Diomede, and that the town of Diomede has no streets and no cars. The poverty rate is over 40%, there is no television, and the only practical way to reach it is by helicopter. Anchorage (near Palin's hometown) is 550 miles away.

    No Alaskan governor has ever visited Little Diomede, though indicted U.S. Senator Ted Stevens has made the trip. The town's residents barely knew who Palin was, and one of them didn't know she was the VP nominee.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_130752.html

    I understand somebody in history has said they have seen it from another place in Alaska. But it wasn't Sarah.

  2. #152

    Default Re: More Political Humor

    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzytoad View Post
    yes, you can...
    No, you can't. Maybe from one of the small uninhabited islands but not the mainland.

  3. #153

    Default Re: More Political Humor

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    So whatever it is you think I'm wrong about, mea culpa. I can't be right all the time. It's still funny to me. Here's some info about your little darling forgein policy expert...

    Just when you thought the whole "I can see Russia from Alaska" thing couldn't get any funnier...CNN's Gary Tuchman delivers the goods: it turns out that Sarah Palin has never seen Russia from Alaska.

    Tuchman went up to the part of Alaska from which you can actually see Russia, a remote island called Little Diomede located just 2.4 miles from its Russian twin, Big Diomede.

    It turns out Gary Tuchman's trip to Little Diomede sets him apart from Sarah Palin -- because she's never actually been there, nor has she set eyes on its neighbor in Russia.

    Tuchman says that only 150 people live on Little Diomede, and that the town of Diomede has no streets and no cars. The poverty rate is over 40%, there is no television, and the only practical way to reach it is by helicopter. Anchorage (near Palin's hometown) is 550 miles away.

    No Alaskan governor has ever visited Little Diomede, though indicted U.S. Senator Ted Stevens has made the trip. The town's residents barely knew who Palin was, and one of them didn't know she was the VP nominee.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_130752.html

    I understand somebody in history has said they have seen it from another place in Alaska. But it wasn't Sarah.
    So logically, just because you have an emotional irrational hatred of Sarah Palin, it means that I must be a fan of hers. Is that how it works?

    As for your little story, did Sarah Palin say she saw Russia from Alaska?

    I bet you are one of those idiots that made fun of Palin for saying George Washington was her favorite father too. Weren't you? Admit it.

  4. #154

    Default Re: More Political Humor

    Why don't you think Sarah is a darling? Hate everyone?

    I missed whatever GW quote you are talking about.

  5. Default Re: More Political Humor

    Quote Originally Posted by bretthexum View Post
    No, you can't. Maybe from one of the small uninhabited islands but not the mainland.
    You can see it from the Tin City radar site on Cape Prince of Wales on the Seward Peninsula , which is part of the mainland.. you can also see it from Little Diomede Island which is about 30 miles northeast of Tin City..

    So basically, what Sarah Palin said is 100% true.. She *never* said "I can see Russia from my backyard".. that was from an SNL skit with Tina Fey performing as Sarah Palin...

    She also never said that *She* could see Russia... Read the quote I posted in # 143, that's what she said...

  6. #156

    Default Re: More Political Humor


  7. #157

    Wink Re: More Political Humor

    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzytoad View Post
    She *never* said "I can see Russia from my backyard".. that was from an SNL skit with Tina Fey performing as Sarah Palin...
    Not true...the line from SNL was "I can see Russia from my house".

  8. #158

    Default Re: More Political Humor

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    We will just consider it 0 for 3. (I know you are lying about the GW thing.)

  9. #159

    Default Re: More Political Humor

    What GW thing? You mean I missed something I could be making fun of her for? As if there isn't enough.

  10. #160

    Default Re: More Political Humor

    I really have no idea what you are referring to, but go ahead and hate me for it anyway, I can assure you I've done some things you would not approve of.

  11. #161

    Default Re: More Political Humor

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    What GW thing? You mean I missed something I could be making fun of her for? As if there isn't enough.
    Ha, not fooling anyone.... But just in case you are being honest for once, no you didnt miss anything you could have been making fun of her for. She was asked who her favorite founding father was and she answered George Washington. All of your fellow "I get my opinions from Jon Stewart and Noam Chomsky" zombies started calling her stupid etc, as you always do, because George Washington wasn't a founding father... then they started trying to backtrack once they found out George Washington was in fact a very influential founding father and presided over the Constitutional Convention. In fact I think there was a thread about it on this very board. Anyway, it was just your typical case of your ilk not fact checking before they made their knee-jerk "Palin is an idiot" whargarble. Basically, the thing we have come to expect from you.

  12. #162

    Default Re: More Political Humor

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    I really have no idea what you are referring to, but go ahead and hate me for it anyway, I can assure you I've done some things you would not approve of.
    I don't hate you. I just think you are wrong on almost every political issue. Dangerously wrong. Hate is what your side does, not mine.

  13. #163

    Default Re: More Political Humor

    Okay, I got it. FWIW, I don't like Jon Stewart and rarely watch him unless he's done something extra special somebody thinks I might like to see. I've never seen or read anything by Noam Chomsky but I have some films about him in my Netflix que. Haven't been able to make myself watch him. If you want some dirt on me though, I bought into the photoshopped photo of her in the bathing suit for about five minutes before I researched and found out it was a fake.

    No matter. There's so much other to show she's not presidential material it's not-funny, but humor is good for us when we can find it.

  14. #164

    Default Re: More Political Humor


  15. #165
    Lord Helmet Guest

    Default Re: More Political Humor


  16. #166

    Default Re: More Political Humor


  17. #167

  18. #168
    Prunepicker Guest

    Default Re: More Political Humor

    Everyone on the ignore list must be having a hatefest.
    What's going on? LOL! Never mind. I don't need to
    know, probably nothing worth repeating.

  19. #169
    MadMonk Guest

    Default Re: More Political Humor

    I thought this was the humor thread.

  20. #170

    Default Re: More Political Humor


  21. #171

    Default Re: More Political Humor


  22. #172

    Default Re: More Political Humor


  23. #173
    Lord Helmet Guest

    Default Re: More Political Humor

    Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    Everyone on the ignore list must be having a hatefest.
    What's going on? LOL! Never mind. I don't need to
    know, probably nothing worth repeating.
    You should take them off ignore so you can see some of the funny stuff they post...humor comes from the right and left. Besides, ignoring people is like putting your head in the sand and pretending that they don't exist

  24. #174
    Prunepicker Guest

    Default Re: More Political Humor

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    You should take them off ignore so you can see some of the funny
    stuff they post...humor comes from the right and left. Besides,
    ignoring people is like putting your head in the sand and pretending
    that they don't exist
    It wouldn't be worth the price of reading their verbal abuse and
    lack of civility toward the members of these threads. Adding the
    fact that they contribute so little to discussions there's no need
    to take them off.

  25. #175
    MadMonk Guest

    Default Re: More Political Humor

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Besides, ignoring people is like putting your head in the sand and pretending that they don't exist
    I've never been a fan of that feature. If you can't handle differing opinions, you don't really belong on a forum to begin with. If all you want is agreement, speaking to a mirror would be a better option.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Humor - Now we Know - VIAGRA
    By OkieKAS in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 04:04 PM
  2. Political education
    By mranderson in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 03:28 PM
  3. God's work (humor)
    By Keith in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2005, 09:31 PM
  4. Church Humor
    By Keith in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 07:59 PM
  5. A little political humor...
    By Keith in forum Politics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 01:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO