Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: St. Anthony Hospital

1. Default Re: Saint Anthony Expansion

I have been wrong about many things, but this came from one of the construction managers thru the main concierge.

Default Re: Saint Anthony Expansion

Man, that would just suck. Hopefully something happens so this ends up like originally planned. I really like the original designs for this, other than this cray sidewalk business they have going on.

3. Default Re: Saint Anthony Expansion

The lot across from Starbucks is striped and open for parking now. I wonder if that means they're gonna start construction soon...

Here is the new design for this project:

Previous design:

More of the new design:

Previous:

hate be a downer here, but that sucks. It's almost as if nothing is changing. That is very irritating to me and a fairly significant downgrade from the original. Was the original just concept or the actual plan to begin with?

HangryHippo Guest

Hmm... That's quite the downgrade from what they originally proposed.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but the original was really going to infill the lot very nicely with the curved terrace and the ambulance deck(two story parking garage) pushed right up against Walker removing the surface lot, which would've been the most impressive feature, imo.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but the original was really going to infill the lot very nicely with the curved terrace and the ambulance deck(two story parking garage) pushed right up against Walker removing the surface lot, which would've been the most impressive feature, imo.
    I wasn't being sarcastic. I don't like how much this project has been dialed back.

Going to catch those people that text and tweet all the time off guard. Thud!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    hate be a downer here, but that sucks. It's almost as if nothing is changing. That is very irritating to me and a fairly significant downgrade from the original. Was the original just concept or the actual plan to begin with?
    Exactly what I was thinking. Looks like they are basically saying okay never mind, let's just leave as is.

I agree that it's a major letdown…but what do you all mean just leave as is? "As is" is about 100 feet further set back from Walker…There's still a 6 story addition going in.

Geez

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingstein View Post
    I wasn't being sarcastic. I don't like how much this project has been dialed back.
    I see.

I am not terribly surprised that the wind went out of the sails on this. The Hospital Industry was riding high in the aughts, but certain health care reforms and overall industry shifts have cut their margins, hard. 10 years ago everyone was like, "be a nurse, be a pharmacist, get into health care it is a guaranteed job!" Now we're starting to see consolidation, layoffs, hiring freezes, etc. (not in the OKC market. Yet?).

The design used to be... much.... muchier.

It's lost its muchness.

Blog Entries

It lost the ambulance ramp and parking area, the roof terrace/green roof... what else?

I'm just glad they are still planning to do this and continue to grow their employment base and service capacity in Midtown.

In the end, the changes won't matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    It lost the ambulance ramp and parking area, the roof terrace/green roof... what else?
    Just some architectural changes. For example the north face, is now largely flush. Whereas before it had architectural features that extended beyond the "box" of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Any aspect of design

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Any aspect of design
    These are the words I was looking for. Well said, Spartan.

Blog Entries

I think the new design looks somewhat similar to SAH's stand alone clinics and ER's scattered throughout the metro…at least they are consistent in their architecture.

23. Default Re: Saint Anthony Expansion

Dang, there was supposed to be a glass curtain just to the right of the East Entrance connecting the existing building to the new pavilion.

Couple of new renderings:

Thread Information