Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Paseo District

Default Re: Paseo District

Sauced is closed indefinitely after a fire last night: https://www.facebook.com/SaucedPaseo...12770358741596

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Sauced is closed indefinitely after a fire last night: https://www.facebook.com/SaucedPaseo...12770358741596
    Damn, that sucks, we were talking about ordering from them last weekend, guess we should've, thanks for the tip, we'll have to do The Wedge or Hideaway next time we do pizza.

Had Burger Punk for the first time last night. The crinkle cut fries were really good. The burger had a big beautiful patty but unfortunately lacked much flavor of any sort. They have a small selection of "gimmicky" burgers kind of like S and B's menu but after being underwhelmed last night I think I would head for Tuckers/New State/S &B before I would head back over there. B-/C+

4. Default Re: Paseo District

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Damn, that sucks, we were talking about ordering from them last weekend, guess we should've, thanks for the tip, we'll have to do The Wedge or Hideaway next time we do pizza.
    Had lunch at Paseo Grill today and Sauced is still closed due to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Had lunch at Paseo Grill today and Sauced is still closed due to the fire.
    They are working on plans to reopen.

Not sure when that is going to happen but it's in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I live a block and a half away from The Wedge on Western - I have eaten it like 3x in the 11+ years I've lived in my house. Everytime it makes me mad that they are not better because I'd eat there all the time if they were. We'll probalby go more often when we want to just walk our son up to have some pizza, but more often than not, we'll probably take the longer walk to Hideaway (more exercise that way anyway).

^^^ I went to the wedge on western last September and it wasn’t bad but the outdoor space was really bland. They could do so much more with it and make it amazing.

Engineering report for the Paseo and Walker Better Streets improvements was recently released. Looks like the budgets for both projects got cut, at least compared to what's shown on the BSSC map. While it doesn't go nearly as far as I hoped it would in many respects (most notably, protected bike lanes along Walker), it's probably as good as I could have hoped for (given the city's record of doing little more than the bare minimum when it comes to walkability/quality of life/etc.) and hopefully the final product will at least be consistent in scope with what's shown here.

(The link is to a downloadable .pdf.)

https://okc.primegov.com/meeting/att...inary%20Report

Some of the conceptual art below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	16835

Name:	Picture2.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	16836

Name:	Picture3.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	16837

Name:	Picture4.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	16838

Name:	Picture5.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	16839

Blog Entries

It's so rough riding my bike through paseo right now, smooth streets is a great start

Lol I can't argue with that at all.

Anyone more in the know/that has a better understanding of the process, how long from the release of the prelim engineering report does it take to start construction? I imagine there are a lot of variables and could still be a while, but just curious if there's a typical scenario.

^

Merchants in the Paseo have been told the project will begin in June 2022 after their big festival.

Wish it were sooner, but not as bad as I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    Engineering report for the Paseo and Walker Better Streets improvements was recently released. Looks like the budgets for both projects got cut, at least compared to what's shown on the BSSC map. While it doesn't go nearly as far as I hoped it would in many respects (most notably, protected bike lanes along Walker), it's probably as good as I could have hoped for (given the city's record of doing little more than the bare minimum when it comes to walkability/quality of life/etc.) and hopefully the final product will at least be consistent in scope with what's shown here.

(The link is to a downloadable .pdf.)

https://okc.primegov.com/meeting/att...inary%20Report

Some of the conceptual art below:

Name:	Picture1.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	16835

Name:	Picture2.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	16836

Name:	Picture3.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	16837

Name:	Picture4.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	16838

Name:	Picture5.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	16839
    I complained about this on Twitter because even though Walker is a "Tier 3" facility it seems like a missed opportunity to not add a bike lane between the Paseo and Uptown (which is also due for a streetscape project), but the City replied stating that Walker didn't meet the minimum width for 5-foot bike lanes and 11-foot car lanes, and a separated trail/path was cost prohibitive. So, tough break I guess and sharrows it is. That said, I'm very excited about the placemaking, lighting, sidewalks, rain gardens, etc and think it all looks great. This area is hugely popular and the sidewalk infrastructure has been woefully inadequate for a long time.

Blog Entries

I didn't think the car lane minimum was 11 feet, I thought that could go down to 10 at least

We need to shut down the street running through the Paseo and only allow busses and bikes through it.

I’ll just be the one to say it, another project downgraded. What else can you expect I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I’ll just be the one to say it, another project downgraded. What else can you expect I guess.
    What are you talking about?

This is a big investment on the part of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What are you talking about?

This is a big investment on the part of the city.
    These renderings look downgraded from the original proposal or concept. Plus I believe the city could do much more with this area by shutting the street down.

We need to shut down the street running through the Paseo and only allow busses and bikes through it.
    There goes all the parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    There goes all the parking.
    There’s a few spots where you could build a parking garage. But yeah my proposal would NOT go over well with the businesses there.

Blog Entries

Get a bus anywhere near the area first

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Yes that needs to be part of it. Even though I’m not a fan of the streetcar I wouldn’t mind to see it expanded to the Paseo since we already have it.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Yeah. I mean, it will "only" be 0.7 miles away from the Classen/NW 30th BRT stop, but I imagine even that distance is plenty large to be a deterrent for many folks who might otherwise drive, even though I've found the sidewalks on that stretch of NW 30th to be quite decent.

And other than my disappointment with the bike lanes, which were not part of the original plan via bikewalkokc and were more wishful thinking, I don't see what has been downgraded. There's more emphasis on parking than I'd have liked given that I can always find it in the surrounding streets, but what can you do... it's Oklahoma City and I'm sure the businesses lobbied for it. Otherwise this seems like a pretty significant investment that is sorely needed and I'm glad to see it done...

Yes that needs to be part of it. Even though I’m not a fan of the streetcar I wouldn’t mind to see it expanded to the Paseo since we already have it.
    I would be very surprised if the streetcar is ever expanded.

Blog Entries

In a generation it might be. Once younger folks with no memory of how we got here are running the place.

Thread Information