Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Paseo District

Default Re: Paseo District

The platform area in the center of the square does not appear to have plumbing. And it looks like there are walkways leading to it. I'm thinking it might be a gazebo of some sort.

I see... I'm assuming (hoping) it will be in line with the Spanish feel of the district? I wonder because the retaining wall bricks they are using are the standard get-it-at-Home-Depot variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Platemaker View Post
    I see... I'm assuming (hoping) it will be in line with the Spanish feel of the district? I wonder because the retaining wall bricks they are using are the standard get-it-at-Home-Depot variety.
    I imagine the bricks will get stuccoed, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Platemaker View Post
    I wish I had a picture of it... but it looks like a fountain is being built in the middle of the Paseo in the island at 29th/Paseo. Does anyone know what this will look like when finished?
    I saw it while I was having dinner at Sauced the other day and thought it reminded me of some of the Asian District work in the middle of Classen Blvd. I didn't look at it very long, but I just saw a lot of pavers and stuff going in.

I mentioned this for Deep Deuce vs Midtown. How about a friendly inner-city rivalry amongst the Plaza and Paseo? It seems like the Plaza District is getting lots of the love recently, and justifiably so but....

How about some news and updates from the Paseo District?

Spring time is getting close and this is usually when the Paseo starts to really come to life, anyone care to share some news about this area?

Do any of us know yet what Belt is putting into his new digs?

OT: USG'60 Are you very tall and live in MWC? You look like a guy that was at the house when I was at it doing some work..

Average height and live near 23rd and May. I DO work on houses and businesses myself, however, including MWC. My finger prints are all over Paseo having had my shop there and haveing done work there from the early 70s to the late 80s. I consider it my second home. I should just call John and ask him what the latest is with his building but it's just more fun asking here.

Default Re: Panel approves proposal to remodel Paseo building

Quote Originally Posted by USG '60 View Post
    It was the Paseo Plunge originally. There is a long conversation about it on another thread from a year or two ago. It REALLY is interesting and there are a lot of pics on the thread.
    Do you have a link to that thread?

Default Re: Panel approves proposal to remodel Paseo building

Quote Originally Posted by ddavidson8 View Post
    Do you have a link to that thread?
    Here are a couple of content bits:

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=17705&page=1

http://newsok.com/old-paseo-plunge-u...ad_story_title

I think a superb restoration job was done on that building. I was just in the Paseo having lunch yesterday and it's really looking good. The stonework in the "square" previously discussed is currently sitting there with no clear purpose...no bench, no gazebo. I suspect they've been waiting for better weather to finish it, and I still think a gazebo is the most likely edifice that will be constructed there, based on how it looks.

There is (or was) an elevation of the island in the window of the Paseo Plunge. A large sculpture is going on the platform – no gazebo.

The PP building will include studio/apartment space, a coffee shop and more to be determined. So I've been told, anyway.

Thanks. I guess I'll have to wait until I get home to see the pictures. Stupid work web restrictions.

Ah, a statue will be a great addition, since it's essentially an arts district.

Looks like a new restaurant (can't tell exactly what) is going into the Paseo Village building at 2916 Paseo:

18. Default Re: Paseo District

On Living social right now - there is a Paseo Grill deal that is really good if you've been looking for an excuse to eat here.

Paseo Grill prix fixe lunch or dinner for $20/$40.

We opted for the dinner and used our coupon last night (for our 13th wedding anniversary).

We always love the atmosphere at Paseo Grill and we've never had a bad meal or bad service.

$40 dinner for two was amazing and was enough to feed four. We took over half of it home!

Started with a huge appetizer plate of fried green beans, two different kinds of hummus, Cherry Wood Smoked Salmon with Hearts of Palm and Artichoke Medley (served with toasted bread and pita bread).

Then two salads - larger than petite and with lots of fresh veggies.

You could choose from a selection of entrees. We did the stuffed jumbo shrimp and scallops with sides of rice and spinach. The second entree we choose was the 6oz filet (cooked perfect) with some variety of stuffed fish, mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus spears.

As usual they also served the fresh fruit and whipped cream for dessert.

Easily a $80-$90 meal for only $40.

Almost 800 coupons bought so far. I highly recommend it!

A young lady passing through the city posted a blog entry about her visit to the Red Cup:
    HelloQuilala: Red Cup in OKC

Some awesome photos there (like this one):

This is a very cool illustration (or painting -- whatever it is):

Source: Paseo Arts District

21. Default Re: Paseo District

Anyone else see Paseo Grill on Jay Leno tonight in the 'Headlines' bit?

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Anyone else see Paseo Grill on Jay Leno tonight in the 'Headlines' bit?
    Looks like OKC was mentioned twice:

NBC TV Tonight Show Video: Jay Leno Skit ? Headlines (March 25, 2013) | WritingShares.com

The first for a poorly attended rally against apathy. Now that's funny.

Another local retailer setting up shop, this time in the Paseo; Ladies & Gentlemen Millinery:

Ladies & Gentlemen

Ladies & Gentlemen | Ghost

24. Default Re: Paseo District

OUTSTANDING! I have secretly fantasized about opening a (non-cowboy) hat shop in OKC. That is definitely a sign of a community that is reaching a greater level of sophistication. Fashion fringe notwithstanding, there HAS to be pent-up demand.

Fabulous! Looks to offer very urban, unique hats for OKC. Hope they do very well

Thread Information