Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cinemark Tinseltown

1. Northeast OKC Cinemark Tinseltown

I was checking local movies times today and noticed that the Cinemark Tinseltown is still closed after damage from the storms. This is actually the theater of choice for our family. Does anyone know when they plan on reopening?

Default Re: Cinemark Tinseltown still closed

How long has it been shut down? I saw the A Team there on the 13th. I was wanting to see Toy Story 3 there this weekend when I found out it was closed.

I called last week.

I want to say they planned on re-opening the 24th, today.
    Don't quote me on that, but it seems like that is what they said.

The guy I talked to said they had pretty extensive flood damage.

I checked fandango and they have movie times listed for tomorrow finally, so I'm assuming they'll be open.

They're open minus one theatre that now has an open air view.

Quote Originally Posted by barnold View Post
    They're open minus one theatre that now has an open air view.
    They could always yank out the seats and let the crotch rocketeers have their own drive-in for the summer.

Stadium style seating could make it interesting getting the bike and a date up the ramp, but then again you could sell tickets just to watch em' park.

8. Default Re: Cinemark Tinseltown still closed

We went there Tuesday night. They were open with new carpet and the place was nice and clean. I hope they put a strong roof on. Looks like we have more rain coming.

Looks like they will be soon adding alcohol.

They filed a special use permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Looks like they will be soon adding alcohol.

They filed a special use permit.
    How well does this theater do?

Default Re: Cinemark Tinseltown

Most times I have been by this theatre, it's seems to be doing well. Never a parking problem. The lot is almost big enough for a Mall.

They have applied to sell alcohol.

Pretty hard to beat <$10.00 for two people to go see a matinee. I can't get a single ticket at AMC Penn for that. And honestly, the viewing experience is not *that* much better at AMC Penn.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Pretty hard to beat <$10.00 for two people to go see a matinee. I can't get a single ticket at AMC Penn for that. And honestly, the viewing experience is not *that* much better at AMC Penn.
    Same with AMC Crossroads. We go there often because it is cheap and still a good movie experience without all the crowds.

I always thought it would be a good idea for Tinsletown to team up with the Cowboy Hall and Remington Park to create some kind of special "Western Movies Theater". A space with western design and themes. Showing westerns always. Not gonna be big, some would not draw flies. But could give it an identity and tie in with the large western and horse interest in the neighborhood.

I know the Cowboy Hall has (or had) a room that shows old black and white westerns.

Took the kiddos yesterday to catch matinee. $4.75 head, It is reserved seating and they have replaced the chairs. They are not recliners but the are larger and rock so you can lean back. Theater and restrooms were clean. Plenty of staff at concessions. Only complaint was there is a $1.75 per ticket charge to buy ticket online. We just bought at ticket counter. I never have gotten the let me pay you to make your labor costs less .

If anybody isn't a stubs member I have little keychain tags that will let you get discounted concessions, and I think discounted movies on Tuesday if anybody is interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Only complaint was there is a $1.75 per ticket charge to buy ticket online. We just bought at ticket counter. I never have gotten the let me pay you to make your labor costs less . .
    A "convenience fee" charged more than likely by the hosting company that handles the ticketing, much like TicketMaster for concerts.

We did the same thing, we were going to purchase online but after seeing the fee per ticket, stood in line outside of Cinemark and purchased at the ticket window. I'll agree that a 36% fee per ticket is high.

Did wish Cinemark had self-serve kiosk inside to prevent long lines outside when weather isn't great.

Other than that, theatre was clean, popcorn was fresh, facility was older, but not tired.

They should be serving liquor soon if not already.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They should be serving liquor soon if not already.
    Did not see liquor sales yesterday (of course it was before noon).

However, from the last time I visited, I noticed the partnership with Pizza Hut and serving whole small pizzas for around $10. I thought that was an interesting concession offering. They had three or four different offerings with a large time stamp of when it was made.

Building permit filed:

CONVERSION OF 20 AUDITORIUMS FROM TRADITIONAL CINEMA SEATING TO PREMIUM LOUNGER FACILITY, REQUIRING THE MODIFICATION OF SEATING PLATFORMS TO ACCOMMODATE THE LARGER SEAT REQUIREMENT AND THE PLACEMENT OF DBOX SEATING IN AUDITORIUMS 8, 10XD, AND 11XD. ALONG WITH A RECLINER CONVERSION, AUDITORIUM 11 IS CONVERTED TO A PREMIUM LARGE FORMAT (XD), INCLUDING THE ADDITION OF A DEMISING WALL, AND MODIFICATIONS TO THE AUDITORIUM ENTRY. MINOR ADJUSTMENTS MADE TO AUDITORIUM FINISHES TO ACCOMMODATE CHANGES MADE TO SEATING PLATFORMS AND PROJECTION PORTS. UPDATES TO THE RESTROOM PARTITIONS AND RESTROOM ACCESSORIES TO COMPLY WITH ADA STANDARDS. UPDATES TO THE BOX OFFICE SOFFITS AND NOW SHOWING SIGNAGE FOR THREE OUT OF THE FOUR WINDOWS AT THE THEATRE ENTRY. UPDATES TO THE MINI MARQUEES AT EACH AUDITORIUM ENTRY.

I wish they would landscape the lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I wish they would landscape the lot better.
    What, you don’t think a bunch of red dirt and Bermuda grass is sufficient? /s

You are right, this lot is highly visible from the highway and it’s absolutely bare bones.

Blog Entries

They should build more on it, too (like more restaurants for inbound movie goers -- these would also be seen and used by highway drivers), I have NEVER seen the lot even close to completely full.

^

Again, those huge parking lots are required by local codes.

I know there was a lot of talk of just abolishing them altogether, but I haven't heard much about it lately.

Thread Information