Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Target coming

Default Target coming

It looks like the long rumored Target next to Home Depot is finally official.

Target to build store in Moore | NewsOK.com

2. Default Re: Target coming

News 9 is an idiot! Media/Press is not suppose to announce Target's future openings.

3. Default Re: Target coming

News 9 is an idiot! Media/Press is not suppose to announce Target's future openings.
    Dude...

NEWS9 is NOT...I REPEAT...NOT...the same entity as NewsOK. Never was. Yes, we were partners at one time, and still sometimes work together, but we each have our OWN WEBSITE. Apparently we did a poor job of telling folks that.

The Oklahoman=NewsOK.com, NEWS9=News9.com.

Default Re: Target coming

So there's going to be a Starbuck's inside this Target huh, and literally several hundred feet to the east will be another Starbuck's!!!

The same as the Target on NW Expressway and Rockwell. Starbucks inside the store and a stand alone Starbucks directly across the street. It is all about convienence.

At the same time, I wish Target would do a major remodel of their store at NW Hiway and May.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    ... Media/Press is not suppose to announce Target's future openings.
    Is that some sort of Target rule, or someone else's rule/desire? Just curious.

Would be nice if Marble Slab was included with the Taget as well, just like the one in Norman.

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    At the same time, I wish Target would do a major remodel of their store at NW Hiway and May.
    Didn't they just do one last year or the year before? I was in there a few days after Christmas picking up cheap lights and the store looked just like all the other stores in OKC inside and out.

Out of all the Target stores, the Norman SuperTarget is the best one of all of them.

Umm, they just remodeled it 2 years ago.

And people thought 19th st is crowded now. Just wait until Target opens.

This store was remodeled about 5--6 years ago.

Said store was remodeled approximately three weeks ago, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerdude View Post
    Would be nice if Marble Slab was included with the Taget as well, just like the one in Norman.

Daniel
    The Norman store has a Cold Stone Creamery, not Marble Slab.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    The Norman store has a Cold Stone Creamery, not Marble Slab.
    You know what I mean...Cold Stone, Marble Slab, Concrete Brick....they're all the same.....

16. Default Re: Target coming

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Is that some sort of Target rule, or someone else's rule/desire? Just curious.
    Company's policy. This is why they do not list future locations like Walmart does. It is to prevent competition (Walmart) from rushing to open a location nearby. No one is to leak info, but NewsOK was reckless. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Not like there isn't a Wal-Mart across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    Not like there isn't a Wal-Mart across the street.
    True, This is the major reason why Target isn't building a supercenter. In a head to head grocery competition, Walmart usually beats Target. Target beats Walmart with higher quality merchandise and better customer service.

They don't want to risk having two super Targets so close to each other.

Edit: Newsok is just reporting what Moore officials told them. Wal-Mart isn't dumb, their looking at land purchases and Moore city council approvals just like everyone else. They have a good idea what Target's business model is. I don't think Newsok gave away any vital secrets that Wal-Mart didn't already know.

Company's policy. This is why they do not list future locations like Walmart does. It is to prevent competition (Walmart) from rushing to open a location nearby. No one is to leak info, but NewsOK was reckless. They should be ashamed of themselves.
    the had news and reported it and that is reckless??

So maybe next Target will finally get around soon to officially announcing its new Stillwater store that's been on hold for so long. As with Moore, it probably isn't a Super Target. Meanwhile, Best Buy in Stillwater opens on June 26th.

It was the marketing and economic development director for the city of Moore that put the information out there so I'm not sure how NewsOK should be held responsible. I'm guessing that if since Target is starting construction in August, they probably approved the release of the information. Plus the developer for the site,Direct Development, has listed Target in this development for the last two or three years.

Kids say the darndest things.

so when is the toysrus going to be built, the economic development director said on city channel late last year a toysrus is going in off 19th sometime in 2010, so where is it, is it still in the plans?

Funny......Over 5 yrs ago I was informed by the former chamber of commerce director (Mr. Adamo) that a new Target was in the works. We're still waiting......................

Quote Originally Posted by kawititnow View Post
    So there's going to be a Starbuck's inside this Target huh, and literally several hundred feet to the east will be another Starbuck's!!!
    As is the case with almost every Target on the planet as well as having one down the street.

Thread Information