Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Target coming

Default Re: Target coming

If any of you are traveling in the Broken Arrow area, the Target that opened there in 2009 is a PFresh store. It is located off the Broken Arrow Expressway (Highway 51) and Lynn Lane exit.

"Opens July 24" according to the banner.

any rumors to new frontage stores/restaurants?

In today's The Oklahoman - Business Section 4B

Quote Originally Posted by kbsooner View Post
    any rumors to new frontage stores/restaurants?
    Not a rumor but BancFirst broke ground across the street.

okay so the building just east of carls jr, doesnt look like dickys bbq, it looks more likea tire store or a oil changing place? does anybody know what its going to be

dicky's bbq, tires, oil, and gas.

so does anyone know when they are removing the trailer park? Its getting really crowded and the retail buildings and restaurants are at threr back door as it is

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    so does anyone know when they are removing the trailer park? Its getting really crowded and the retail buildings and restaurants are at threr back door as it is
    Can't come soon enough IMO along with the trailer park at I-35 and Indian Hills road, they are both eyesores.

That seems like a question you should be asking Gary England?

Perhaps they aren't. A while back someone was trying to force folks out of a park in Norman so they could turn the space into something else. The developers lost their rezoning effort as I recall. It may be a trailer park, but real people live there.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Perhaps they aren't. A while back someone was trying to force folks out of a park in Norman so they could turn the space into something else. The developers lost their rezoning effort as I recall. It may be a trailer park, but real people live there.
    Exactly...let's move those nasty trailers so us real folks can enjoy our shopping and dining

I have no problem at all with letting those folks stay

i dont have a problem with them staying, its just odd that they are building businesses so close and the trailer park has no fencing, so right now it looks like a fast food joints are placed in front yards...

Thank you for recognizing that real people live in them! I think people forget sometimes that those are people's homes, whether we like it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post

Site work on Dec 3, 2010.
    View from the northwest corner of the site looking southeast.
    Left to right: Home Depot, Moore Fire Station 1, portable concrete plant, Target site.

Looks like the slab for the building pad is about ready to pour.

thanks for the pic flintysooner, i just hope they widden 19th street from telephone to santa fe or at least eagle drive.. this place is going to be really bad with, worse then what it is already

19th needs a median with left turn lanes for entrances (both directions). Also needs a lane on each side for slowing down for right hand turns into entrances. Keeps the traffic lanes moving, and the medians would prevent people going one direction having a head-on collision with a vehicle in opposite direction, both approaching the same point in the dedicated left hand turn lane. Would also allow for some shrubs and streetscaping to make the area look nicer than an 8 lane avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    19th needs a median with left turn lanes for entrances (both directions). Also needs a lane on each side for slowing down for right hand turns into entrances. Keeps the traffic lanes moving, and the medians would prevent people going one direction having a head-on collision with a vehicle in opposite direction, both approaching the same point in the dedicated left hand turn lane. Would also allow for some shrubs and streetscaping to make the area look nicer than an 8 lane avenue.
    I think if anything the speed limit should be reduced. I am definitely not in favor of making it any wider than it is now.

I don't much like the median idea but they have room for a center turn lane I think.

There is a center turn lane as it is. It is one and a half lane wide. When the new strip-mall thing is built on the north side, and with the Target and all of the Fritt's Farm development on the south, you will have many people from both directions trying to share the same 1 1/2 lane of center turn lane. Not an ideal situation to be in if neither see each other turning into that lane to slow down.

SkyWestOKC I see your concern about the people from opposing directions turning into the lane and not seeing each other but do you have any alternatives? I think it is far worse the way most of the OKC area streets force people turning left to stop in the middle of the street and block traffic. In heavy traffic, this leads to accidents all the time. I know it is cost prohibitive but I think every major thoroughfare would benefit from a turning lane.

I think SW 44th and S Western where there's also a Target are both 4 lanes and seems to work okay to me.

Now in Norman the Target is off the 24th Ave from Robinson and there 24th Ave is a divided road. I definitely do not like that whole arrangement because you really do not have a lot of choices about getting in or out. Probably just me but seems unwieldy to me.

I know wide roads like 19th cause traffic to want to go faster and make it really hard for a pedestrian to get across the street. I guess that's mainly the reason I'd like to not have it widened.

The traffic just doesn't seem really that heavy to me but I suppose it is all about time and perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by plmccordj View Post
    SkyWestOKC I see your concern about the people from opposing directions turning into the lane and not seeing each other but do you have any alternatives? I think it is far worse the way most of the OKC area streets force people turning left to stop in the middle of the street and block traffic. In heavy traffic, this leads to accidents all the time. I know it is cost prohibitive but I think every major thoroughfare would benefit from a turning lane.
    Yes, the alternative is a median, or dedicated turn lanes that alternate in direction -- or both.

I agree with you on one point. I think a dedicated turning lane all the way down like on NE 23rd Street in Nicoma Park, Choctaw area is fine with me. I am not sure if I can agree with the alternating directions though because I nearly had a head on collision when I lived in Tucson because someone was driving the wrong direction on there. It is not that I disagree with it completely but rather that when traffic is heavy, and someone is not familiar with the area, they may get confused and go the wrong direction. I can agree with the medians like on NW 10th Street as long as they have openings every so often so that people can turn left. I am not sure if the leaders in charge will give either of us our wish but we can dream. ;-)

Pouring the slab - Dec 15, 2010:

Thread Information