Widgets Magazine

Thread: Allaus Coffee Gelato (Danforth/Santa Fe)

Default Allaus Coffee Gelato (Danforth/Santa Fe)

Have any of you all been to this place? I took my son a week ago Saturday and really enjoyed it, then tried to go the next evening with the in-laws and then this Saturday with my folks only for them to be closed both times. Any of you know if they always this sketchy on their hours of operation? After getting my 3 year old excited for it, its pretty dissapointing when they aren't open during their posted hours, doubt I will be going back.

Default Re: Allaus Coffee Gelato (Danforth/Santa Fe)

I got to church nearby and a lot of members go there - never heard of sketchy hours. I would assume they are more likely open in the evenings though? I know they have live music at times. Do they have hours on the window?

It's a good place. Their gelato is great. Not sure about their hours, but I know we were in there pretty early one sataurday evening, during the summer, and they were waiting on us to leave, so they could close. At the time we thought it was really strange because it was a time when most other ice cream places would be open and busy. Also, I drove the their parking lot one day last week, during the afternoon, and it looked closed. Maybe it wasn't, but it looked pretty dark inside.

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    I got to church nearby and a lot of members go there - never heard of sketchy hours. I would assume they are more likely open in the evenings though? I know they have live music at times. Do they have hours on the window?
    Yes, the hours are posted on the window. Both times we went it was around 7pm and they were supposed to be open until 9pm.

Hmm not sure what happened then...They seem to keep pretty busy. Maybe you should give them a call - tell them you were wanting to try them out and they weren't open even though their hours said they should be. The owner from what I've heard is a really nice guy, but I would imagine if he does most of the stuff himself, he could have had a situation come up where he had to close.

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    The owner from what I've heard is a really nice guy, but I would imagine if he does most of the stuff himself, he could have had a situation come up where he had to close.
    Yes, it does seem to be a family owned and operated business. Every time I've been there it has been strickly family members working there. They even had a baby with them once, so its very possible that a family situation arose, or hey, maybe they just went of vacation, but forgot to post a sign saying so.

In the past 10 days I have gone 2 more times, the first time they were open and the 2nd time they were closed when they were supposed to be open. I won't be going back.

ImTheDude, I don't blame you for not going back. There's lots of good places to go that do keep regular business hours. Why bother posting business hours if you're not going to keep them. Business owners can't expect to be successful if their customers can't even get in the door.

I had a morning business meeting scheduled there about six months ago only to find out they were closed. If I recall correctly, the sign said they were having equipment trouble at the time.

I went about two weeks ago and met the owner. Really nice guy. I too however, found that it was closed the next day when the sign listed an open time. Hmmmm...

I meant to post this a while ago., but I ended up going back...and back...and back. They have the best coffee in Edmond and the gelato is great too (even though I try not to eat much of it). I'm still not sure what the problem was there for a while, but I haven't had the problem of them being closed during regular business hours for a while now. The owner is very friendly and makes a great latte. Check it out if you are in the area.

Thread Information