Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Coolgreens

Default Re: Coolgreens

I would order the southwest spicy salad almost weekly, but the last two times I ordered it the dressing has been borderline inedible. Don't know if it was too much garlic or what but something was definitely different and not for the better. Haven't been since. Anybody else experience this? They said nothing has changed so maybe I just had back-to-back bad batches...

Did you have COVID previously? I've known a couple of people who experienced some longterm changes in their taste afterwards. If so, that could be what you're seeing with this dressing.

no COVID - good thought though. it has only been this dressing which has been a bummer

Quote Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
    Are they even open downtown right now? I've walked by around lunchtime (albeit across the street) recently and it looks like a ghost town over there.
    Their signage is officially off the downtown location. Downtown has been hit hard with so many companies continuing to keep employees at home and less people going out to eat at lunch in crowds.

downtown hit pretty hard when it comes to restaurants closures. They depend on a 3 hour window 5 days a week and can’t rely on curbside orders. Will be interesting to see if we see new places venture to downtown into these now open spots down the road as hopefully downtown employees return to office work

I've never worked downtown, but do any restaurants offer delivery through a courier or something similar (direct from the restaurant vs. postmates, etc.)? I would think that would be something that help out some of the hurting restaurants, especially somewhere like Coolgreens.

Blog Entries

That's a bummer

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I've never worked downtown, but do any restaurants offer delivery through a courier or something similar (direct from the restaurant vs. postmates, etc.)? I would think that would be something that help out some of the hurting restaurants, especially somewhere like Coolgreens.
    Places like Joey's or Hobby's deliver downtown only, I'm sure many more.

7. Default Re: Coolgreens

ya, that is a good idea - courier type downtown delivery. With the State opening up in the SandRidge tower and other businesses returning, there definitely IS hope for CoolGreens and others but I think they may need to be creative and let these new people know they exist. On that note - they should also advertise and have coupon/promotions for downtown office locations.

One other thing is to offer catering-style lunches where a business would buy for the whole floor. We did this for a few months actually during the early phases of Coronavirus Pandemic until we went to full work-from-home.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

8. Default Re: Coolgreens

Anyone know what's going on with Coolgreens, other than maybe trouble? We don't go as often since they closed the Edmond location, but sometimes we find ourselves at May & Memorial, or Nichols Hills Plaza. Last time we were at May & Memorial it was closed and there was a tax notice on the door. Looking online it is not listed, but it still comes in searching in Google (but maybe it's just not caught up). The look to be down to only NHP only in the OKC area. Gone are Norman, downtown, and Edmond. How sad.

^

They were served with a Forcible Entry & Detainer (eviction) for the Mem/May location last December.

Sounds like a good opportunity for sweetgreen to move into this market

All the Coolgreens locations in the OKC area are now closed: Edmond, Norman, Downtown OKC, May & Memorial, and Nichols Hills.

I wonder if it was due to poor management? It did not help that they were a healthy option, (Lol). OKC needs more healthier options, enough of the fried fast food options.

Saved my wallet that they did but I sure miss it- when I was a single man who didn't do much meal prepping (but still tried to eat healthy) I went to the downtown location 2-3 times a week to pick up lunch after the gym.
    Bee Healthy salads just aren't as good.

I liked it until I had salata for the first time then I never went back. Bring salata back.

I gotta say its a bit different concept but Salad and Go is pretty good and cheaper.

I was a regular at the one on May, but then they not only stopped making my preferred salad, they stopped making all of the key ingredients! The BEST Greek salad I've had in my life.

17. Default Re: Coolgreens

Last year, I had one of the worst experiences at the Nichols Hills location. Most of the lights weren't even on, and a large window had a giant crack in it. The food was stale and didn't taste fresh, and two people were working during the lunch hour. It is not a surprise they have all shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I was a regular at the one on May, but then they not only stopped making my preferred salad, they stopped making all of the key ingredients! The BEST Greek salad I've had in my life.
    this was my problem as well. i used to be a regular, but they kept changing the menu and what ingredients they offered every few months. so i finally just stopped going

19. Default Re: Coolgreens

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    I wonder if it was due to poor management? It did not help that they were a healthy option, (Lol). OKC needs more healthier options, enough of the fried fast food options.
    I've had the impression that the company was poorly managed for about a decade now. I loved Coolgreens and am sorry they went out of business. I would love to see a Sweetgreens here as I hear nothing but raves about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    I've had the impression that the company was poorly managed for about a decade now. I loved Coolgreens and am sorry they went out of business. I would love to see a Sweetgreens here as I hear nothing but raves about them.
    Yes to Sweetgreen!

We were surprised when we saw a Coolgreens in Texas some time back. We didn't realize they were a national franchise.

Thread Information