^Interesting, in the flury of news articles around that story I never saw that the county was actually going to control the property. At least they would have gotten a nice rent out of it like the Tulsa Fairgrounds did.

I agree with your feelings about security, and "meaningful change" can be debated, but I still have to point out that the rides were not "closed due to lack or repairs". People made a lot of fuss over their dilapidated mini golf course, which I admit was an eyesore to some degree and should have been removed, but it was in that state because they spent several years trying to get permission to build a new roller coaster in that spot. Construction on said roller coaster would have started at the end of the season during which they were kicked out. The only other ride that may have been closed at the time was the kiddie bumper cars, which were badly damaged during the microburst that hit the park about a year or less prior. I don't remember if they ever fixed it or left it closed and were going to replace it.

I documented the park fairly regularly due to my involvement with some of the national amusement park enthusiast groups/forums. From my perspective it really wasn't a bad park at all, and this is comparing it to dozens of other parks that I have come into contact with. A lot of it comes down to perspective and expectations. I certainly knew what to expect from this type of establishment, but their lack of over-arching business skills and PR certainly contributed to warped expectations and mis-information for many in Tulsa. I agree that most of their problems, real or imaginary, were due to Robby's poor skills and inaction. Taking on a more suitable business partner would have been a good idea for them.

But I digress, it's all historical details now. I will still be watching as he develops this kiddie park. Sadly it may be the only amusement development I ever get to watch in this town. The era of the community amusement park seems to have past.