Widgets Magazine
Page 93 of 113 FirstFirst ... 438889909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2821

Thread: Wheeler District

Default Re: Wheeler District

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned here before but will they integrate with the neighborhood directly to the west by tying into the street grid or will this development be cut off? I hope it’s the former.
    from what i understand, it will be connected. check out post 2044 in this thread for a pic of the master plan.

“ Ashley Terry, vice president of development at Wheeler and head of the charter school application committee for Western Gateway, said the two neighborhoods will ultimately be connected at SW 15, SW 17, and SW 18 with infrastructure to be funded through the TIF district. “

https://www.google.com/amp/s/oklahom...ghborhoods/amp

I am very happy it will connect. I was worried for a minute they were going to segregate it from the other neighborhood.

the growth is really cool to see from this angle it will be cool to see it continue over the years

This aerial from December indicates the future street grid:

I drove through here the other day. The neighborhood looks like something straight out of a hallmark movie. Super awesome to see a planned community like this. I am glad people are buying them.

8. Default Re: Wheeler District

hopefully this will be hugely successful and we can see more of them in the city, smaller scale though. This is what SPUDs should be imo not the current implementation found throughout the city ....
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

From their Instagram page; these units are well under construction directly south of the new barrel-roofed office building. According to Zillow, they are listed around $420K.

THE TERRACE HOMES - Six detached residences, inspired by Scandinavian row homes, have incredible views of downtown Oklahoma City. On the second story, a 180 square foot covered terrace and sliding glass wall off of the living room create the ultimate space for indoor/outdoor living. They each have 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and 2-car garages.

Finally! That is what I've been trying to find in OKC. Too bad I'm not going to be living in Oklahoma much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Finally! That is what I've been trying to find in OKC. Too bad I'm not going to be living in Oklahoma much longer.
    Why aren't you going to be living in Oklahoma?

Just saw on the Wheeler Home Instagram account that all 6 of their terrace homes have sold. It’s great that a new urbanism development has taken off in OKC.

I have to wonder, is it typical to for people to pay ~$430K for a 3b3ba new construction home in other desirable areas of OKC? Or is this simply a niche market that has been wildly successful?

13. Default Re: Wheeler District

No it is not typical. These are pretty steep

Seems like the more Richard complains about the houses being overpriced, the faster they sell.

15. Default Re: Wheeler District

Quote Originally Posted by ABCOKC View Post
    Seems like the more Richard complains about the houses being overpriced, the faster they sell.
    They definitely overpriced, though. There’s only a few areas of OKC where $250+/square is justified, and Wheeler ain’t one of them.

A quick Zillow search of all current active/comparable new construction properties within close proximity to downtown OKC shows supply is very constrained. All signs show that homes in Wheeler are moving fast. The timing is almost perfect. What’s happening there is very impressive. With the addition of a brand new elementary school opening in the fall, retail shops coming online, big friendly brewery, terminal commons, commercial offices, and a wide diversity of housing types, Wheeler is in prime position for sustained long term growth. It seems to have already passed the tipping point months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanNation View Post
    A quick Zillow search of all current active/comparable new construction properties within close proximity to downtown OKC shows supply is very constrained. All signs show that homes in Wheeler are moving fast. The timing is almost perfect. What’s happening there is very impressive. With the addition of a brand new elementary school opening in the fall, retail shops coming online, big friendly brewery, terminal commons, commercial offices, and a wide diversity of housing types, Wheeler is in prime position for sustained long term growth. It seems to have already passed the tipping point months ago.
    It really is impressive. Some people had their doubts, but it seems it is slowly coming together.

We can all critical, but I am glad we have a group willing to take on a project like this in okc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SouthOfTheVillage View Post
    They definitely overpriced, though. There’s only a few areas of OKC where $250+/square is justified, and Wheeler ain’t one of them.
    And yet the market says otherwise.

I'm happy for them, truly. Blair has worked his arse off on this for many years and his intentions come from a very good place.

I look forward to spending time there (brewery, other things that will follow) but living there is just not for me, at least at this stage of my life. But I can certainly see the appeal and the home finishes are pretty beautiful.

20. Default Re: Wheeler District

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    And yet the market says otherwise.
    Exactly. It's become hilarious to me how some just have a personal issue with this development--whether it's a difference in taste, style, politics, hatred of the Humphreys, etc.--and so they translate that personal issue into judgments like "overpriced," despite what the data show. Wheeler is set to construct at a 50% faster pace than they did last year because the homes and concept are selling very well--so much so they're expanding into a wide variety of styles and offerings.

It's possible for two things to be simultaneously true: 1) Wheeler is not what you would choose for yourself, at least at this point; and 2) it's very popular with strong sales and the momentum seems to be increasing.

I invite anyone to go down there and have a drink at the brewery and/or a meal at Terminal Commons and just walk around. It's incredibly impressive and you can appreciate that without wanting to live there.

The thing I love about it most is it's something entirely different and provides yet another option in OKC.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that Wheeler becomes the envy of many other cities in the next few years as it is quickly rounding into shape.

And I say all this while also admitting that at this point in my life it's not for me. But I love the fact it is there as an option and I'm very excited to watch it continue to grow.

Reminds me of what Chris Rock used to say when certain people would complain about rap music:
    "Its not for you"

and, thats OK.

I actually wouldn't mind living in the Wheeler District. But my dream home would have a back yard big enough for a modest inground pool and entertaining area. Unfortunately (for now) that's not happening in Wheeler. And, yes, there is a market for houses in that price range. If there wasn't they wouldn't be getting sold.

The neighborhood immediately to the west will be directly connected and you can buy in there for a very reasonable amount then have tons leftover to renovate and improve to your exact desires.

You can bet that is going to start happening soon.

There is high demand for walkable, mixed-use neighborhoods period. Too bad it takes large scale developer money and city incentives to get projects like this underway. We need more supply of these neighborhoods and the prices would likely come down. We subsidized the suburbs for decades (and still are).

Thread Information