Widgets Magazine
Page 91 of 113 FirstFirst ... 418687888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2821

Thread: Wheeler District

Default Re: Wheeler District

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    That radius includes all of CTP so yes I can. I found 7 in CTP alone under 250.
    7 total properties under 250k.
    1 Vacant lot
    2 teardowns (lot only value)
    1 needs a massive remodel.

There are just 3 move in ready homes in all of C10P that you can get for under 250k and the cheapest is $239,999 (for < 1,300sqft).

Unless you are going to spend 115k on the vacant lot and pitch a tent, not a lot of affordable options in C10P at the moment.

I would assume the more affordable developments will happen as density increases as they develop toward the Ferris Wheel. I would assume sometime within the next 4-6 years they will start construction on some denser builds and make flats. I think the flats will be the 1st time you have any shot at getting under $200/square foot (in 2020 dollars).

Just to be sure, I think it's pretty reasonable to say that affordable in OKC is definitely under $200k, and probably under $180k.

3. Default Re: Wheeler District

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Are we sure HOA doesn't vary with house/lot size?
    I am 100% sure that it does vary with lot size.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I am 100% sure that it does vary with lot size.
    do you know the minimum hoa fee? do the smallest lots have no hoa fee at all?

5. Default Re: Wheeler District

according to the MLS the cheapest HOA fee is $771/ year. That is for the 789 sqft home.

The most expensive is $1800/year.

6. Default Re: Wheeler District

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    do you know the minimum hoa fee? do the smallest lots have no hoa fee at all?
    Yes. It’s about $65/mo for the smaller lots. Also keep in mind that part of the HOA fee is “refunded” to the owner in the form of 1:1 “Wheeler Bucks” that can be spent at the local shops/restaurants. As of this moment that’s only Terminal Commons. Soon, it will include the Big Friendly Brewery and next year the restaurants opening in the new building (one of which is already drawing a ton of excitement among residents, but I’m not sure if it’s public info yet). Then the shop homes which will be finished early next year may have some participating shops that accept them.

^

I believe you are referring to Nonesuch moving to the Wheeler District, as I know that is the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    according to the MLS the cheapest HOA fee is $771/ year. That is for the 789 sqft home.

The most expensive is $1800/year.
    Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Yes. It’s about $65/mo for the smaller lots. Also keep in mind that part of the HOA fee is “refunded” to the owner in the form of 1:1 “Wheeler Bucks” that can be spent at the local shops/restaurants. As of this moment that’s only Terminal Commons. Soon, it will include the Big Friendly Brewery and next year the restaurants opening in the new building (one of which is already drawing a ton of excitement among residents, but I’m not sure if it’s public info yet). Then the shop homes which will be finished early next year may have some participating shops that accept them.
    thanks for the info! that definitely softens the 'sting' of the hoa costs regarding credit at local shops/restaurants... i do wonder, though, if purchasing alcohol (i.e. big friendly brewery) with such credits is legal.

... i do wonder, though, if purchasing alcohol (i.e. big friendly brewery) with such credits is legal.
    I'd guess not, since Walgreens Balance Rewards don't let you redeem points for it (AFAIK), and KeepItLocal and OKCityCard perks (10% off, 2-for-1, etc.) also don't apply to alcohol.

10. Default Re: Wheeler District

thanks for the info! that definitely softens the 'sting' of the hoa costs regarding credit at local shops/restaurants... i do wonder, though, if purchasing alcohol (i.e. big friendly brewery) with such credits is legal.
    Good question, Martin. I could be wrong about the ability to use them at BFB. I’ll try to confirm one way or the other.

12. Default Re: Wheeler District

looks like a little boom town.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

https://www.wheelerdistrict.com/home/928-sw-17th-200-2/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59AB8CE0-EDE1-42E3-BCF6-7A430E77F1B3.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	16518

Just saw Wheeler posted four condos going for $350~373 per sqft.

I wish Wheeler had an interactive map that showed where each development is, what is for sale, and what is soon to come all visualized since it is a big development it would help.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post

Here we go...

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I wish Wheeler had an interactive map that showed where each development is, what is for sale, and what is soon to come all visualized since it is a big development it would help.
    That’s a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Great photo Pete with the different view/perspective. Really shows the density and walkability of the district.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post

These look awesome. I'm sure they will sell well just like the rest of Wheeler.

Any plans to bring some mature trees into the district as they get further along with construction, or is this place just going to be absolutely roasting for three months per year over the next few decades?

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Any plans to bring some mature trees into the district as they get further along with construction, or is this place just going to be absolutely roasting for three months per year over the next few decades?
    This is being built on an old runway and it already has more tree cover than almost any new suburban housing addition that has sprung up in the last 25 years. These guys have a large tree budget

Want a cheap house near downtown? Where were you a few years ago when Classen 10 Penn was cheap? Oh yeah, it was too "dangerous". Your idea of close to downtown may differ from mine. Not sure what the obsession of being in downtown is anyway...

Considering this was a vacant land parcel for 10 years, I think it looks pretty damn good!

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    This is being built on an old runway and it already has more tree cover than almost any new suburban housing addition that has sprung up in the last 25 years. These guys have a large tree budget
    I don't think this really answers the question. You can have a $100,000 budget or a $100,000,000 but if you only plant young trees, it's going to take decades for those to grow to a size that really contributes in a major way to quality of life.

But it is like that in every new development.
    I drove for the first the extension of the Turnpike from the airport to south Yukon and you can see all these stacked new neighborhood without a tree popping up.

Just like Soonerinfiniti says, it not a project for everybody taste but at least it is ambitious and intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I don't think this really answers the question. You can have a $100,000 budget or a $100,000,000 but if you only plant young trees, it's going to take decades for those to grow to a size that really contributes in a major way to quality of life.
    This is true for every new housing addition. Most suburban developers plant two Bradford pears next to the entrance sign of the new addition and call it good and yet i've never heard anyone worry about a new housing addition in Deer Creek "baking" for 3 months a year. This is probably the only new addition built from scratch that removed zero mature trees from the existing property (It was a runway.)

Just odd that this gets called out for not having enough trees to impact quality of life:

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.4475...!7i8704!8i4352

But this is the norm across the metro.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.6051...7i13312!8i6656

No new development has mature trees. Why call out the only development who has actually made an effort to plant them?

FWIW, I think Wheeler is a good development, was just genuinely curious about the trees because there didn't appear to be many in the last drone shot that Pete posted. The street view that GoGators posted looks much better and pretty much answers my question, it seems like they are definitely making an effort to plant trees that should grow to be fairly large in a relatively short timeframe.

Thread Information