Blog Entries

Default Re: Wheeler District

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    The possibilities are endless!

Man, that looks good enough to eat!

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Man, that looks good enough to eat!
    Does it bother anyone else, that when you are driving southbound on western you see CKO ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    Does it bother anyone else, that when you are driving southbound on western you see CKO ?
    With seeing the K & C backwards? No, it doesn't bother me. I've seen a lot worse in my time. Besides, I know what's on Western Avenue; also familiar with the traffic--so KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD.

When everything is up and running, I really want to see this photographed with one of those fish eye lenses that makes things in the background seem so much closer... There was a picture a while back of a plane landing at Will Rogers with the skyline looking much bigger than it should have.

I absolutely love the projections onto the white letters. So awesome.

I assume this tweet is about testing the lighting on the Wheeler Ferris Wheel?

https://twitter.com/stphntylr/status/743649668698038273

I have a saying. It's not my area of expertise if it doesn't plug in, turn on, and light up. This meets my criteria.

NO, and you don't see that. The C and K are backwards from that view. That is a non issue and would only be one for someone who is really looking for a reason to be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    NO, and you don't see that. The C and K are reversed. That is a non issue.
    Most people will be coming from the North, driving South it looks strange especially for a visitor that may not realize what it is... For an Okie were all going to figure it out.... Maybe they need another one facing the North...just my opinion

Most people will be coming from the North, driving South it looks strange especially for a visitor that may not realize what it is... For an Okie were all going to figure it out.... Maybe they need another one facing the North...just my opinion
    My opinion is that it's fine and I don't think a visitor will have any difficulty at all figuring it out. It's not really about people who are driving, it's for people who are visiting the area.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    My opinion is that it's fine and I don't think a visitor will have any difficulty at all figuring it out. It's not really about people who are driving, it's for people who are visiting the area.
    You see it from the exchange bridge and you see it from the highway and the exit ramps.... So you do see it driving......

You see it from the exchange bridge and you see it from the highway and the exit ramps.... So you do see it driving......
    LOL, That's hardly what I said. Being able to see it from various places is certainly not the issue. I can see a lot of things in my rear view mirror when I'm driving. Does that mean they should also have reverse signage so I can read them that way? It's just an issue that nobody else would be concerned about in the least.

What are all of the confirmed pieces of this new district? I know there is a summary on the beginning of the thread, but it's from over 10 years ago, so I do not know what is still supposed to/confirmed to be happening. Thank you for going out of your way to catch me up

14. Default Re: Wheeler District

^^^^^^^^^
    Though the thread itself is much older, the summary at in post one of this thread has been completely updated and is only TWO years old. The info it contains regarding the residential/multi-family/commercial master plan and the wheel/plaza is all very current and true to the present intent of the developer.

ahh, I did not know that. Thank you so much!

Went to a private soft opening last night.

This is really a special spot... More so than I think many imagine.

They have yet to install the mural on the shipping containers but the building to the left of the second photo is where you buy tickets and refreshments. The structure on the right is a semi-enclosed pavilion for picnics and events.

They are opening to have a soft-opening for the public next week.

Very cool. Saw a live feed of someone riding on FB last night. Can't wait to get out there.

Absolutely love it! the light show on the wheel is awesome!

People were slowing down on the Western bridge to watch the light show.

Eventually, there will be more elaborate ones synched with music.

It looks great but I'm surprised they let kids climb on top of the OKC. That last picture is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Reminds me of the "I am Amsterdam" sign. People climb all over the different letters to get a picture.

Looking cool so far. But I must say, I am seriously underwhelmed with the size of the ferris wheel. I just assumed it would be quite a bit bigger. That said, I know there is more to this project than the wheel and will likely turn out great.

When you are on-site, the Ferris wheel is plenty big.

Steve's update which includes a great video and interview with Blair Humphreys.

http://m.newsok.com/article/5507749

Thread Information