Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Texadelphia

Default Re: Texadelphia in Bricktown

We had a big group go up there and sit on the patio all Saturday afternoon. People that have been to the one in Norman shouldn't draw conclusions about the Bricktown one until they go see it for themselves. I think I counted 11 total flat screens with a big projector screen. We frequented the one in Norman a lot and the Bricktown location feels like what the old Texadelphia was like when people still went all the time. They had frozen margaritas and swirls there which is a nice addition. They really added to their menu and I think you will all be very pleased if you go. Definitely go check it out. And yes Kilgore, it will be AMAZING for Thunder games.

2. Default Re: Texadelphia in Bricktown

Planning to go tomorrow night. I walked by last week and really like what they did with the patio, replacing parking spots.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Some friends and I went the other day and the inside was def. better then the Norman Tex. The staff was really friendly and the food was good.

4. Default Re: Texadelphia in Bricktown

Service was excellent. The atmosphere is great as well. Food was just okay. Should have ordered my burger medium. The menu warned that by default it would be cooked medium well and it was definitely overcooked by my standards. Fries, chips, queso all good. Overall I recommend it but won't call it a favorite or anything.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

5. Default Re: Texadelphia in Bricktown

Went today for lunch before a movie.

Atmosphere was okay. Not alot of common sense from the staff. They kept complaining about how cold it would get at the register whenever someone would enter in the ToGo doors, yet it never occurred to them to lock those doors and have people enter from the main entrance only. Regardless, the staff was very friendly.

We all had the Founder's Philly Cheesesteak because they said that was the most popular item. We all had waffle fries and one order of chips and cheese dip.

The sandwich was okay, but certainly not what we expected from a place that specializes in cheesesteaks. The meat was too finely ground (and what there was of it wasn't much) and there was hardly anything else except jalapenos. If it was from a concession stand I'd say it was good, but not from a restaurant.

The waffle fries were good but only room temperature and the sauces taste like they were out of a jar. Chips were good, but the cheese sauce was just okay too.

I'd go again with a group if they wanted, but never on my own or on a date.

Agree completely. I went once and if it were the only restaurant open in Bricktown and I wanted something to eat, I'd go back.

I love going to Texadelphia in Bricktown! It has a wonderfully relaxed environment which is perfect for grabbing a bite and watching the game or even better... grabbing a bite and going to the game! I've only had burgers and the chicken sandwich before but I've never been disappointed by the quality or quantity! This isn't a 5 star restaurant by any means but it's perfect for dinner and watching the game with friends!

Prices are too high compared to the amount of food you get. The fare is tasty but a drop in prices or increase in portion sizes is needed..

The burgers at Texadelphia are ok, but when I'm craving a cheesesteak sandwich, it's Jersy Mike's for me.

The time I went, I thought the food was good and prices fair, and you know I'm not big on chains. You guys must have hit them on an off night during the storm, and it sounds like it based on your comments of them complaining it was cold.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    The burgers at Texadelphia are ok, but when I'm craving a cheesesteak sandwich, it's Jersy Mike's for me.
    Have you ever tried Hobby Hoagies in Edmond? I like their cheesesteaks much better than Jersey Mikes, HH uses PRIME rib eye. Jersey Mike's at least actually uses Rib eye steak, many sandwich places don't even do that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by USAF View Post
    Have you ever tried Hobby Hoagies in Edmond? I like their cheesesteaks much better than Jersey Mikes, HH uses PRIME rib eye. Jersey Mike's at least actually uses Rib eye steak, many sandwich places don't even do that. lol
    I'll be in Edmond on Thursday, I'll give Hobby hoagies a try.

FYI Hobbies has a downtown OKC location at 4th and Walker, and I agree their cheesesteaks the best in OKC, and Ive been to Philly.

Why is the top thread in the food forum about a chain restaurant in Bricktown?

Hobby's Hoagies allll the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
    Prices are too high compared to the amount of food you get. The fare is tasty but a drop in prices or increase in portion sizes is needed..
    had their chicken nachos on friday, and the portion was huge for around $7. could've easily split it with someone... i like the relaxed atmosphere. nice place.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    FYI Hobbies has a downtown OKC location at 4th and Walker, and I agree their cheesesteaks the best in OKC, and Ive been to Philly.
    Thanks for the FYI as I didn't know they were OKC, yet I'm fairly new here. I've been to philly as well and the one thing they have going for them is fierce competition. Most of shops out there use never frozen ribeye sliced same day and in some cases, sliced to order. A lot of sub places from anywhere USA use frozen chuck, the meat tastes like steak-ums...If the shops don't list ribeye, it's probably not using ribeye. I don't believe any of the philly big boys use PRIME ribeye like HH, yet there's still room for improvement such as DRY AGING or even Wagyu/Kobe. Imagine if the Red Prime sliced they 40 day dry aged prime ribeye thin, cooked and up put that on an Amoroso roll?

I think it is funny that the Philadelphia places make a big deal about high quality meat, yet either Geno's or Pat's, I do not remember which, prides itself on using Cheese Whiz on their sandwiches. I like Hobby's Hoagies and I also like the cheesteaks at Charley's in Penn Square and Quail Springs.

Bigray in Ok

18. Default Re: Texadelphia in Bricktown

Thanks for the FYI as I didn't know they were OKC, yet I'm fairly new here. I've been to philly as well and the one thing they have going for them is fierce competition. Most of shops out there use never frozen ribeye sliced same day and in some cases, sliced to order. A lot of sub places from anywhere USA use frozen chuck, the meat tastes like steak-ums...If the shops don't list ribeye, it's probably not using ribeye. I don't believe any of the philly big boys use PRIME ribeye like HH, yet there's still room for improvement such as DRY AGING or even Wagyu/Kobe. Imagine if the Red Prime sliced they 40 day dry aged prime ribeye thin, cooked and up put that on an Amoroso roll?
    Imagine the price!
    Still corrupting young minds

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrayok View Post
    I think it is funny that the Philadelphia places make a big deal about high quality meat, yet either Geno's or Pat's, I do not remember which, prides itself on using Cheese Whiz on their sandwiches. I like Hobby's Hoagies and I also like the cheesteaks at Charley's in Penn Square and Quail Springs.

Bigray in Ok
    Pats/Genos/Tony Luke's are the big three in Philly and all offer cheese wizz along with a lot of other shops...Pat's invented the cheesesteak and was the first to offer cheese wiz. I have a friend who still lives in Philly and he claims most locals get provolone cheese.

Wit' whiz is the way to go. And Hobbies in OKC is better than any I've had in Philly.

Default Re: Texadelphia

Press release:

TEXADELPHIA CHANGES OWNERSHIP
    The Social Order Dining Collective passes ownership back to Texadelphia Corporate

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma (June 8, 2020) – The Social Order Dining Collective, has brought together some of the Oklahoma City area’s most popular eateries. They are responsible for the innovation of food lovers behind Seven47, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, The Jones Assembly, Spark (opening fall 2020), and Texadelphia Social Grill.

Texadelphia is where it all began. It was the first restaurant Brian Bogert and Manny Leclercq (founders) opened in Norman, OK back in 2003. It’s where The Social Order was born. It’s where many managers, still in their system today, got their start. It is the first part of their story, and yesterday, they finished that chapter. They have transitioned ownership of Texadelphia from The Social Order to Texas based, Texadelphia Corporate. Effective today, Texadelphia Bricktown will operate as a corporate location.

While Texadelphia will no longer operate under The Social Order umbrella, it will always be a part of their family, literally. Manny’s brother and current general manager, Christian Leclercq will continue to operate this location. Leclercq has managed Texadelphia for the last 17 years, and will hopefully franchise more stores in the future. The rest of the team will also remain intact, so you can expect the same great food and service you always have. Texadelphia Corporate has been very impressed by the way that Leclercq and the team operate, and want to maintain the wonderful tradition and following that has been created. The Social Order will continue to support and frequent Texadelphia, and would love for you to do the same. While this day is bittersweet, they are happy that Texadelphia will continue to live on in Oklahoma.

As an ode to the good ole days, Brian Bogert and Manny Leclercq will be working behind the grill during lunch hours today. Please stop by to say hello and help them celebrate 17 great years!

That PR makes it sound like they started Fuzzy's - they are just franchisees. unless I am missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    That PR makes it sound like they started Fuzzy's - they are just franchisees. unless I am missing something.
    "Social Order Dining Collective" sounds like they are liberating Warsaw.

Thread Information