Widgets Magazine

Thread: Multi-purpose trails in Edmond

Default Multi-purpose trails in Edmond

I'm looking at getting back into casual bike riding but I now live in Edmond, some distance from Lake Hefner. Mitch park is close to me but I can't find out if the trails there are pedestrian-only or multi-use with bicycles allowed. Does anyone know?

Default Re: Multi-purpose trails in Edmond

I see bicycles there all the time. There was also one of those bike racks there last summer where you could borrow one and then return it.

Mitch is multiuse and it links up with Coffee Creek, or at least it did several years ago when I lived out that way. They've probably expanded the trails since then.

Careful out there, there's a pretty good hill in Coffee Creek where you'll be able to go way too fast then have to turn at the bottom. Had a pretty bad fall out there once.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Mitch is multiuse and it links up with Coffee Creek, or at least it did several years ago when I lived out that way. They've probably expanded the trails since then.

Careful out there, there's a pretty good hill in Coffee Creek where you'll be able to go way too fast then have to turn at the bottom. Had a pretty bad fall out there once.
    The trail also extends to Hafer Park. That hill is not even 50 yards from my house, its a butt kicker. The trail run right behind my backyard and was a big selling point for us on the house, absolutely love using it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheDude View Post
    The trail also extends to Hafer Park. That hill is not even 50 yards from my house, its a butt kicker. The trail run right behind my backyard and was a big selling point for us on the house, absolutely love using it.
    That would be awesome!! My wife and I bought a house that backs up to a greenbelt with a large pond and walking path but I would be much more likely to use a biking path.

That fall is why I am 100% sold on wearing a helmet. Fall off a bike going nearly 30MPH onto concrete and rock and you'll be sold too. I was damn lucky not to have fallen on one of those rocks.

I remember the Coffee Creek development when it was just a farm (the farmhouse is now the clubhouse). We used to buy horse manure there for our garden.

Call the Bicycle Shop and ask some of them where to ride. They can tell you some good trails to try. (Probably not in Edmond.)

Thread Information