Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why no tenants at 150th & N. Western

1. Default Re: Why no tenants at 150th & N. Western

"There have been a lot of these "accidents" in which buildings mysteriously disappear."

You mean I'm not the only one to notice this?

Default Re: Why no tenants at 150th & N. Western

Corrupt! It's all corrupt, I tell ya! Haha, just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Spartan, it's at this point I'd usually point out you're too quick to use that "corrupt" word. I won't this time....
    Somebody's got to agitate, I guess..

As a former business partner of Chris Calhoun, I can verify that he was the most corrupt individual – among dozens of partners across several decades – that we have ever been in business with. At the time of his death he was the managing partner of Possum Creek (southwest corner of 63 & Western), which was the only property not owned by Chesapeake in the area bordered by 63rd, Grand, Classen and Western. He previously rejected a $10 million offer; from CHK for $10 million; it sold earlier this month for $7 million. Appropriately, it was one final screwing of his partners, this time from the grave.

Good riddance.

4. Default Re: Why no tenants at 150th & N. Western

I've been quite aware of Mr. Calhoun as well - ever since I was a boy. And OKCTalker, I'm not disputing anything you say.

I just want to say that his brother Tom is one of the nicest guys I ever met. I'll admit that I haven't seen him in 30 years but I can't imagine he has changed. Just for the record.

6. Default Re: Why no tenants at 150th & N. Western

Was Tom the brother who operated a coffee shop in Bricktown a few years ago?

I remember that article well, someone sketched a drawing of Mueller driving the bulldozer. Having done a few Walgreen's stores with him and Mueller as the developer I can attest to the majority of that article. There was one quote in there by an attorney that I think was wrong, my understanding was that Walgreen's sets a budget for the developer, and it is the developer who tries to get the project into that budget. If the developer can't then Walgreen's either gives up on the location or increases their budget. I know there were a few site plans that I did that never went past that stage, namely the Gold Dome location that Calhoun/Mueller tried to push Walgreen's into.

We quit doing work for them because they wouldn't pay us, I also knew other architects/engineers who did work for them years before who had never been paid as well. He probably had many hundred shell corporations over the years so he could just go from project to project leaving the damage behind.

8. Default Re: Why no tenants at 150th & N. Western

That's quite a legacy he leaves behind if true. Wonder if he got to take any of his spoils with him when he left his death bed.

Unfortunately people like that seem to leave a big mess behind for family members and business associates to clean up.

10. Default Re: Why no tenants at 150th & N. Western

So, I guess the question is this: is the empty orate shopping center at NW 150 and Western a monument to a life of corruption, betrayal, lies and greed? Is that the answer here? So far I'm hearing no defenders for Chris Calhoun ... one might wonder if God is involved in real estate after all

Blog Entries

So, who is control of the shopping center now?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Was Tom the brother who operated a coffee shop in Bricktown a few years ago?
    I don't know but if it was, I wish I had known. As I said, I haven't seen him in at least 30 years. But when I knew him he always had some small business going, and with his gregarious nature I can easily see him having a coffee shop in BT.

There must be something going on legally with this property. At this point price wouldn't keep the entire property empty.

There is work going on in the old OU urgent care/emergency department space on the north side of this development. Any idea what’s going on there?

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    There is work going on in the old OU urgent care/emergency department space on the north side of this development. Any idea what’s going on there?
    It's a gymnastics facility.

Thread Information