Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I will not show mine, but you have to show yours

Obama may personally greet each graduate: Kalamazoo Central seniors to fill out paperwork for Secret Service | - MLive.com

They have to show their birth certificate just to shake hid stupid hand. THE NERVE......UNBELIEVABLE

Default Re: I will not show mine, but you have to show yours

I read the story, the kids seems pretty excited. Sounds like a Secret Service issue. The only one that's bitching is you. Go troll somewhere else clown.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post
    I read the story, the kids seems pretty excited. Sounds like a Secret Service issue. The only one that's bitching is you. Go troll somewhere else clown.
    Why don't you show some manners, doofus?

Oops, should have added LOL

So this begs the question....does anyone who is to meet with Obama have to show a birth certificate? It is rather ironic.

Nope, nothing in that article about providing a birth certificate.

Seniors are being asked to provide their birthdates, Social Security numbers and citizen status to the Secret Service so background checks could be performed. Such a check is required for anyone who gets within an armís length of the president, students were told at their senior breakfast Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    Nope, nothing in that article about providing a birth certificate.
    'Scuse me, you're correct. Just their "citizen status" which, for many citizens = a birth certificate. Wonder why they require citizen status when Mr. O' doesn't "define America by it's borders?"

which, for many citizens
    but certainly not for all.

Nothing in that article said they had to prove anything or even be a citizen, just provide a card with the info. I guess the Secret Service is not as dense as some Americans.

I'm a life long Republican, believe that Obama will be judged as one of, if the not the worst, Presidents in History, however, for some to keep bringing up the "show me the birth certificate issue" is to say the least ignorant, stupid, childish, immature, etc;.
    Grow up, get over it.

but certainly not for all.

Nothing in that article said they had to prove anything or even be a citizen, just provide a card with the info. I guess the Secret Service is not as dense as some Americans.
    Maybe you're not operating on all cylinders today so levels of density may be relative. When the article says
    Seniors are being asked to provide their birthdates, Social Security numbers and citizen status to the Secret Service so background checks could be performed.
    then they have to provide the informaton if they wish to attend. I don't happen to carry a card that has my citizenship information on it and I don't think most Americans have one. I doubt most of us even carry our voter ID card.

Whether we SHOULD have a citizenship card or not is a matter for another thread.

I just think this requirement is quite ironic and I still wonder if it is required everywhere the president goes for everyone who attends an event in close proximity.

Maybe you aren't operating on all cylinders. Try reading that quote and the article one more time. The article does not say they were required to furnish any personal documents. They were required to complete an information card that told their birthdate, citizenship etc. It does not say they were required to provide proof:

Kalamazoo Central High School Principal Von Washington, Jr., informs Seniors and parents of the venue for 2010 Commencement. The Seniors attended the Senior Breakfast, hosted by parents, on Friday May 14, 2010. Washington also explained the information cards which must be submitted by all students, for Secret Service security screening, as the graduates will be honored with President Obama at their June 7 Commencement, to be held at WMU University Arena.
    and citizen status
    status. Not proof. Not birth certificate. Not ID card, status.

i guess im the first poster here who cant help but to notice the sexual innuendos that this thread title indeed connotates.

scrone
    Posted by Sarah Crone | Kalamazoo Gazette
    May 19, 2010, 5:56PM

K-Central students are not being asked to provide proof of citizenship status, they are just being asked to fill out the form with their birthdates, Social Security numbers and citizen status to the Secret Service so background checks could be performed. Secret Service said their job is to keep the president safe, not look for illegal immigrants.

The new law in Arizona takes this a step further by asking for papers on demand providing proof of citizenship.

You can find more answers in this follow-up post: Kalamazoo Central seniors aren't the only ones asked the 'Citizen status' question regarding President Barack Obama's visit | - MLive.com
    Comments on Obama may personally greet each graduate: Kalamazoo Central seniors to fill out paperwork for Secret Service | Kalamazoo News - Page 3 - - MLive.com

Kalamazoo Central High School Principal Von Washington holds the form that graduating students are asked to fill out as part of the process of having President Obama speak at the 2010 commencement.
    Kalamazoo Central seniors aren't the only ones asked the 'Citizen status' question regarding President Barack Obama's visit | - MLive.com

The article does not say they were required to furnish any personal documents. They were required to complete an information card that told their birthdate, citizenship etc. It does not say they were required to provide proof:
    It is probably the same form the Democratic Party uses for prospective Presidential candidates.

The original op's gritch was, oh, I'll leave it at a tad overstated and just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    It is probably the same form the Democratic Party uses for prospective Presidential candidates.
    If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Please Google "Obama Birth Certificate."

17. Default Re: I will not show mine, but you have to show yours

I personally have issues with Obama and some of his policies, but you guys almost make me hope for him to get re-elected just to see your little balding, scabby, pruned faces explode in shear frustration. Oh I can so picture these overweight, pasty, old white guys rushing home from work to just on their computer and get all worked up over the political forum on OKCTalk. Slamming away at their keyboards as the sweat from their chubby little (well not so) faces causes their tightly fitted glasses to keep sliding down their nose and their faces getting redder and redder from aggravation.

Here I thought things were gonna get boring after Bush left.

Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post
    Please Google "Obama Birth Certificate."

ITYM "Rightwing Nutcases"

Do we need to go down this path again? It has already been proven that the Birth Certificate that has been made available to the public is invalid because it has parts redacted – i.e. the Certificate Number. The certificate number is the key item and it was blacked out. Since there are no gaps in the certificate number then either Obama has one that fits the sequence (and no one else has the same number) or he doesn't.

Once the document is modified there is big statement at the bottom that says any changes to the document renders it invalid. There is also a question about the Race identifier on the b.c. provided. It says African but that wasn’t a code used in Hawaii in 1959.

Do we need to go down this path again?
    I don't. It's a dead issue for me. But keep the conspiracy theory alive if you feel the need.

I don't. It's a dead issue for me. But keep the conspiracy theory alive if you feel the need.
    I know. I wish Obama would just release an unaltered version and get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    I know. I wish Obama would just release an unaltered version and get it over with.
    He will, when he writes his book, "Why Arnold Schwarznegger Couldn't Run for President of the United States...the Obama Analysis."

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    I personally have issues with Obama and some of his policies, but you guys almost make me hope for him to get re-elected just to see your little balding, scabby, pruned faces explode in shear frustration. Oh I can so picture these overweight, pasty, old white guys rushing home from work to just on their computer and get all worked up over the political forum on OKCTalk. Slamming away at their keyboards as the sweat from their chubby little (well not so) faces causes their tightly fitted glasses to keep sliding down their nose and their faces getting redder and redder from aggravation.

Here I thought things were gonna get boring after Bush left.
    Sounds like hate speech. Against old, overweight, balding, pasty white guys. So venture79, who whizzed in your wheaties?

The irony I see that isn't even mentioned here (maybe I missed it) is that the libs are having big-time fits over Arizona allowing citizenship status to be checked and it is perfectly fine for BHO to require checking same status just for the glory of being in the same place where he is. It is only icing on the cake that his own citizenship remains in question among a segment, however small, of our country's citizens.

24. Default Re: I will not show mine, but you have to show yours

Eh hate speech...or just childish rambling? I mean hell, all these fruit cakes sound like 10 year olds arguing back and forth so I felt why not get down on a level easily understood. :-P I hate no one...I do though get a great laugh at just how mentally challenged some of the frequent adult posters on this board are.

As far as the irony? Eh. I think it depends if this is a policy that has been in place by the Secret Service for awhile or just started with Obama. My guess...its been there and only is of discussion now due to what you mentioned...this minor segment of our country that likes to rehash their tin foil hat stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Eh hate speech...or just childish rambling? I mean hell, all these fruit cakes sound like 10 year olds arguing back and forth so I felt why not get down on a level easily understood. :-P I hate no one...I do though get a great laugh at just how mentally challenged some of the frequent adult posters on this board are.

As far as the irony? Eh. I think it depends if this is a policy that has been in place by the Secret Service for awhile or just started with Obama. My guess...its been there and only is of discussion now due to what you mentioned...this minor segment of our country that likes to rehash their tin foil hat stuff.
    Gee, I think when you actually got down to it and gave your opinion, you repeated what a some have been saying on here but you just put it down as childish chin dribbles. Hmmmmm......

Thread Information