Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr. Pibb in OKC?

1. Default Re: Mr. Pibb in OKC?

I had Mr. Pibb for the first time in Houston, TX back in 2003. I thought it was the best thing in the world... I also had a Dublin DP in college. A dormmate was selling them... best cane sugar DP i've ever had.

Default Re: Mr. Pibb in OKC?

soda finder will sell you a twelve pack of pre-2002 original formula mr. pibb for the low, low price of $599.95. -M

Soda Finder : Buy Soda Here - Mr. Pibb

3. Default Re: Mr. Pibb in OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    soda finder will sell you a twelve pack of pre-2002 original formula mr. pibb for the low, low price of $599.95. -M

Soda Finder : Buy Soda Here - Mr. Pibb
    Funny you mention this. There's a pretty good chance that 12 pack was mine. Several years ago, I was pretty heavy into selling hard to find sodas. I had my own website, and sold many cans/bottles on eBay. He and I used to trade sodas back and forth all the time. When I heard Mr. Pibb was being discontinued, I went to Newcastle, Purcell, and Chickasha and bought all the 12 packs I could find. I also bought many 20 oz bottles. (Too many, in fact, because they went flat before I could unload - sell and drink - them all.

Anyway, I used to ship him Fanta Citrus (from Texas), Mr. Pibb, Pepsi Blue (Looked like Windex), and Mello Yello Afterglow (Peach). He shipped me several products from up north, Canada in particular. I got from him sodas like Sprite Ice (mint Sprite) and 7up Tropical Splash.

He's made quite a business out of it, but I'd be shocked if anyone ever dropped 600 bones on 8 year old Mr. Pibb. Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't leaked yet.

Every once in awhile... You can get a good bottle of Braums Special that tastes similar to Mr. Pibb.

i too love the taste of pibb and have been searching for it in the central oklahoma area.
    no luck. still have to go to tulsa or texas to get my fix.
    i realize fountains in some restaurants have pibb on tap, but sometimes you just wanna relax in front of the tv with a ice cold pibb in hand.
    thanks OP for bringing this up. i'll keep an eye on this thread even though its lookin kinda dead now.

Who would want to pay $600 on a 12 pack of Dr. Pibb?! However, I would pay $600 on a 12 pack of Red Fusion, I miss it!!!

Ohh $150 for a 12 pack on Red Fusion! AHHH, I MUST GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Default Re: Mr. Pibb in OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeesfan
    ohh $150 for a 12 pack on red gusion! ahhh, i must get it!
    ditto... i sorely miss dr. pepper red fusion. -M

red fusion? what was that one like?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    red fusion? what was that one like?
    It is a cherry drink, it is soooo good, better than Dr. Pepper!

12. Default Re: Mr. Pibb in OKC?

If you liked Red Fusion, try Cheerwine if you get chance. It's widely available in the eastern and southeastern US, and in a few other places throughout the midwest.

It's basically what Dr. Pepper was aiming to emulate with Red Fusion.

13. Default Re: Mr. Pibb in OKC?

So, I have not been to Pops in Arcadia yet. Would they have Mr. Pibb there?

Chris
    Radio OKC - Where it's all about the music!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisok View Post
    If you liked Red Fusion, try Cheerwine if you get chance. It's widely available in the eastern and southeastern US, and in a few other places throughout the midwest.

It's basically what Dr. Pepper was aiming to emulate with Red Fusion.
    You can get Cheerwine at several places in the metro, Pops, Market C to name two.

Radio, unfortunately Pops does not have Mr. Pibb/Pibb Xtra.

Dublin Dr. Pepper is on tap at Chicken Express.

Where can I get this in Tulsa now. QT doesn't carry it anymore. Preferably want 12 pk cans. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by CS_Mike View Post
    Actually, Mr. Pibb and Pibb Xtra are NOT the same. Pibb Xtra is supposed to be a bolder version of Mr. Pibb.
    "Now, 'Mr. Pibb' is my father's name. Call me 'Pibb Xtra', please."

Anyone?

You mean to tell me that in seven hours on a Sunday, nobody's answered this yet?!?! The hell is wrong with you people?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    Great Plains has a monopoly in OKC. Yes, they bottle Dr. Pepper and squash Mr. Pibb except when selling it "cheap" as a fountain substitute.

I'll say this about Great Plains (and it's being nice): They play hardball.

On a whole different subject....does anyone have anecdotal stories about price fixing? (cough) Really! Different subject! (cough)
    Actually that was part of the agreement when they took over Dr. Pepper/Seven-Up Bottling. They had to restrict their sale of Sprite and Mr. Pibb to stay in compliance with the agreement and Pepsi has distribution rights for Dr. Pepper fountain syrup/service, that is why you can get Dr. Pepper no matter what company services the fountain. I know in Denver, Dr. Pepper is distributed by Pepsi and you cannot get Dr. Pepper in a Coca-Cola serviced restaurant but you can usually get Mr. Pibb. I think the Seven-Up/Sprite terms were a bit different, for years you could not get Sprite except in the fountain in the OKC metro area but about ten years ago it reappeared in bottles/cans. I get Dublin Dr. Pepper some or the Heritage Dr. Pepper whenever it is available.

I have pretty much cut my consumption of Dr. Pepper in recent months, I typically only have one Mexican Coke or Dr. Pepper a day now.

I know this post is old but it always comes up whenever i try to find Mr Pibb
    They have it ay the Hollywood theater and at zoes kitchen in Norman ^^

Thread Information