Widgets Magazine

Thread: Michael's Grill???

Default Michael's Grill???

Anyone been to Michael's Grill? I have heard mixed reviews ranging from the food is terrible to good to great and that the owner is very pretentious and favors loyal customers and friends while demonstrating intentionally poor service to new and unknown guests? I'm thinking about hitting this joint up for some grub, but cannot tolerate being treated like second class. I would like to hear your experience with this place? Thanks.

Default Re: Michael's Grill???

The wife and I have gone there a couple times and loved it both times. Michael made our salads and was nice.. I had heard the same things prior to going as well. The second time I showed up way under dressed (went on a whim) and didn't receive any different treatment from the staff...

Thanks for sharing your experience. Based off your observation, what is the appropriate attire?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDenver View Post
    The wife and I have gone there a couple times and loved it both times. Michael made our salads and was nice.. I had heard the same things prior to going as well. The second time I showed up way under dressed (went on a whim) and didn't receive any different treatment from the staff...

Quote Originally Posted by anesthesiapro View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Based off your observation, what is the appropriate attire?
    Business casual and up... It isn't black tie or anything.

I see your handle is anesthesiapro, the first time my wife went on with a drug rep and she really liked it there. It seems the drug reps like it too.

i love this place! The waitstaff has always been very helpful, and the owner almost always stops by to check on you. highly recommended!

Is there any truth to the rumors that this place is for la-di-da regulars only and that the owner is intolerant (bad tables, poor service, snobbish attitudes) towards new comers?

Quote Originally Posted by rfjeep12 View Post
    i love this place! The waitstaff has always been very helpful, and the owner almost always stops by to check on you. highly recommended!

Is there any truth to the rumors that this place is for la-di-da regulars only and that the owner is intolerant (bad tables, poor service, snobbish attitudes) towards new comers?
    Just out of curiousity, why are you so interested in this place?

8. Default Re: Michael's Grill???

Object! Leading question.

It seems the OP wants to give Michael's some bad rep.

This was not my intention. I have read far more favorable recommendations online than unfavorable. However, I'm wondering if those favorable recommendations were generated from hoity-toity regulars or from real first-time folks.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    Object! Leading question.

It seems the OP wants to give Michael's some bad rep.

I've eaten at Michael's several times over the years but I'm definitely not a "regular" as it's farther NW than I generally venture out seeking food. I've always gotten great food and great service there, even as a vegetarian asking for substitutions. Really the only even semi-negative thing I could say is that it gets somewhat busy/crowded/loud on weekend nights (roughly Iguana Mexican Grill levels, though obviously an entirely different type of atmosphere), so I prefer to go during the week. If you do choose to go on a Friday or Saturday, you'll want to make a reservation.

Anyone been to Michael's Grill? I have heard mixed reviews ranging from the food is terrible to good to great and that the owner is very pretentious and favors loyal customers and friends while demonstrating intentionally poor service to new and unknown guests? I'm thinking about hitting this joint up for some grub, but cannot tolerate being treated like second class. I would like to hear your experience with this place? Thanks.

thats one huge avatar, ...say, is that a hyundai tiburon?

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'll have to make a reservation and check it out for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eep View Post
    I've eaten at Michael's several times over the years but I'm definitely not a "regular" as it's farther NW than I generally venture out seeking food. I've always gotten great food and great service there, even as a vegetarian asking for substitutions. Really the only even semi-negative thing I could say is that it gets somewhat busy/crowded/loud on weekend nights (roughly Iguana Mexican Grill levels, though obviously an entirely different type of atmosphere), so I prefer to go during the week. If you do choose to go on a Friday or Saturday, you'll want to make a reservation.

Oh no, the tiburon is not green enough. I chose to go with a more eco-friendly car (like this 8 mpg lambo).

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    thats one huge avatar, ...say, is that a hyundai tiburon?

My wife and I have eaten there a few times and never had a problems like the ones you describe. Get the veal saltimbocca over spagatini as well as the ceasar salad.

So the restaurant is in that car?

Thread Information