location sounds safe enough.

I lived close to Hillcrest Elementary.

Default Re: Where did you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    Maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to give your address, but the general
    location sounds safe enough.

I lived close to Hillcrest Elementary.
    ================================================== =========
    3200 Block S.W. 47th St. ... just east of Independence....OkC.....The house is still there,,,,,,I'm NOT.....

Grade school/ jr high (Heronville/ Capitol Hill JR).......1300 block of SW 26th.

Highschool 43rd and Rancho

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHSIDE GIRL View Post
    Grade school/ jr high (Heronville/ Capitol Hill JR).......1300 block of SW 26th.

Highschool 43rd and Rancho
    southside girl, we lived pretty close I'm suprised i didn't know you (Heronville ) 1100 block sw 24th. Jr high- high school (Grant) 1300 block sw 43 Of course i'm sure you didn't go by southside girl back then. lol

Top-O-town, 44th and almost May, Chestnut Dr. in sight of U.S. Grant, S.W. 50th in sight of U.S. Grant, S. Klein and almost 74th, S.W. 61st and Kentucky, and S. Country Club Dr..

Quote Originally Posted by gen70 View Post
    Top-O-town, 44th and almost May, Chestnut Dr. in sight of U.S. Grant, S.W. 50th in sight of U.S. Grant, S. Klein and almost 74th, S.W. 61st and Kentucky, and S. Country Club Dr..
    Lots of grant people there, olsons, hunters,wittens

NW 68th, up the street from the Gridiron Drive-In (in the '60s). Went to University Heights Grade School, JM junior and senior high. Used to say we lived two blocks and a million dollars away from Nichols Hills.

SE 33rd between Robinson and Shields. Attended Shields Heights, CHJH, CHHS

When I was born we lived at 1840 NE 25th and I went to kindergarten mostly at Harmony. Then we moved in 1956 to NW 83 between Nichols Hills Elem and JMHS. Then I went to OU in fall 1968 and lived in Johnson Tower, 348 1st St in Norman, and my draft number was...348. I lived in a lot of places in Norman...my fave was Faculty Heights duplexes 1122 Arkansas, $65/month. Car payment on my '71 Fiat 850 Spider was $66.42.

Mike, the Gridiron had GREAT hamburgers.

Quote Originally Posted by sam greenroyd View Post
    Lots of grant people there, olsons, hunters,wittens
    I know of the Hunter's and Witten's, not sure of Olson's.

Quote Originally Posted by osu cowboy View Post
    SE 33rd between Robinson and Shields. Attended Shields Heights, CHJH, CHHS
    What year did you graduate?

500 block S.W. 26th. Grades 3&4 Sacred Heart (one block west) 5&6 Lee Elem (one block east and 3 blocks south) CHJH (4 blocks east) CHHS (10 blocks south)

Not one of these locations required a "ride"

1/2 block east of Woodson Park on May

Beginning April '61 when we moved to OKC:

Corner of NW 33rd & Olie. across from Harding's baseball/football field. Went to Edgemere Elementary.

Near NW 33rd & Western. Went to John Carroll Catholic School, Harding HS, Northeast HS.

Near NW 34th & Walker. Right around the corner from Paseo at a VERY formative time in my life! WOOHOO! Graduated NEHS in '71 while living here.

NW 17th and Shartel. 1st place on my own after HS. Very cool old Victorian divided into a duplex. I had the top floor, Patsy Lou Doll (hamina-hamina!) on the ground floor.

Culture Shock happened; moved to Southside! Murray Drive between S. May and S. Villa.

Back to Northside and married! The Village on Oxford Ln near Britton Rd, almost right across the street from the Village PD!

NW 25th between Independence and Land.

Moved to Arlington TX in 1988, still here.

15. Default Re: Where did you live?

Near NW Classen. Moved here from Denver but never sold my house. Good thing, cause I may be moving back very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by papaOU View Post
    What year did you graduate?
    I graduated in 71.

17. Default Re: Where did you live?

Mesta Park on NW 19th Street ...

It's in the phone book, so no worries about disclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by osu cowboy View Post
    I graduated in 71.
    Hey OSU Cowboy, so you graduated in 71, I graduated in 70. Did you know there is a web page that has CHHS year books from 1967-1971. The url is
    [url=http://chhs69.com/YearBook.htm[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by sam greenroyd View Post
    southside girl, we lived pretty close I'm suprised i didn't know you (Heronville ) 1100 block sw 24th. Jr high- high school (Grant) 1300 block sw 43 Of course i'm sure you didn't go by southside girl back then. lol
    You probably did. My mother also, worked in the cafeteria at Heronville, from my grade school years through my highschool. However I went to Capitol Hill, I think it was redistricted from Grant to Capitol Hill, unless you had older sibilings that graduated from Grant then you could still go to Grant. Graduated in 73.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHSIDE GIRL View Post
    You probably did. My mother also, worked in the cafeteria at Heronville, from my grade school years through my highschool. However I went to Capitol Hill, I think it was redistricted from Grant to Capitol Hill, unless you had older sibilings that graduated from Grant then you could still go to Grant. Graduated in 73.
    I had older sibilings that went to Capitol hill and a younger sibiling that went to the hill but I had to go to grant, we moved in my 6th grade and the boundries changed but changed again after me so my younger brother went to capitol hill. It turned out good anyway i knew people from both schools.

James Monroe Elem then to Edmond for jr high and high school

Quote Originally Posted by JMGrad68 View Post
    When I was born we lived at 1840 NE 25th and I went to kindergarten mostly at Harmony. Then we moved in 1956 to NW 83 between Nichols Hills Elem and JMHS. Then I went to OU in fall 1968 and lived in Johnson Tower, 348 1st St in Norman, and my draft number was...348. I lived in a lot of places in Norman...my fave was Faculty Heights duplexes 1122 Arkansas, $65/month. Car payment on my '71 Fiat 850 Spider was $66.42.

Yes they did. One place you could get a frosty glass mug of beer brought out to your car. Good butterfly fried shrimp, giant chef salads. Ray, the owner, was a buddy to the regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by JMGrad68 View Post

Thats pretty cool, rent $65 & $66.42 for a car pymt, I graduated from J. Marshall in 1976 , Thats when it was still a good School.

I lived at 2716 Hefner Road and worked at Pauls Kerr McGee after School.

Just west of NW 36th and May. Was such a great area then. Now, there's spots that are OK and spots that I don't like to go into.

Thread Information