Widgets Magazine

Thread: Brian Davis - love his work

Default Brian Davis - love his work

Early on I didn't know who this guy was or where he was from...but over time I've grown to like & respect his work. Very knowledgeable...and I like that he isn't afraid to take a side about what's happening on the court be it bad reffing or dirty play (he got on Najera and Walton big time).

Here's what he wrote after Game 1, "By refusing to allow Game One to degenerate into a blowout -- and forcing the Lakers to play all four quarters -- the league’s youngest team displayed enough effort and execution to dispel notions that this series will be a walkover."

At FanFest, I saw him dressed in street clothes and cap just soaking up the atmosphere. I walked up to him and shook his hand and said, "I love your work, man." He smiled and thanked me twice - once for the compliment then as I was walking away, again for coming out.

Dude's a class act.
    Last edited by earlywinegareth; 04-26-2010 at 08:49 AM. Reason: addl info

Default Re: Brian Davis - love his work

My wife & I ran into him at fanfest as well.
    He is a top notch guy.

Yeah you know, I watched Game 1 on ESPN I think and the announcers sucked!! It didn't seem like Thunder Basketball because I wasn't hearing Davis and Long.

I love how Davis will be talking about something mundane and then the Thunder get a dunk or break away basket and you can hear his excitement in his voice. He really adds a lot and seems like a very cool guy.

In the Utah game where the refs failed to call a foul on the last shot (where the NBA admitted the refs missed a call) he was livid and really was expressing my feelings quite well. However, after it was all over he settled down and I thought he handled himself quite well. He had a good perspective by saying something like, "Look, we had our opportunities. If we hadn't missed those free throws earlier, possibly gotten a key stop and/or not missed one of those 3 pt shots, we would have been tied right now so you can't put this all on the refs. We did this to ourselves. Yes they missed a call but we should have handled our business earlier." I could not have agreed more.

4. Default Re: Brian Davis - love his work

ESPN is catching hell in LA for their Game 4 coverage. If you look at the Lakers Forums they're all calling ESPN "The Thunder Basketball Network." My thinking is that yes, they were saying a lot of nice things about the Thunder, simply because there wasn't a lot of nice things to say about the play of the Lakers. That's too bad for LA, but that's just the way it is.

I think all of our announcers/commentators are good. Davis, Long, and Pinto. All know their stuff and add a lot to the game.

Thread Information