Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
It is all a mess though at this point. The question comes up soon...does Rosenthal get held responsible for the failure to lead or does she get a rubber stamp re-election?
First I want to say I like the ideas you brought forth in your post. Creating the lifestyle center that we were promised across the street from the current development, and trying to relocate some existing businesses to it are an interesting idea that could cause a lot of 'synergy' to use a buzz word. On the flip side I would hate to see Sooner Mall to bite the dust as it really is quite a lovely mall. I suppose all developments in this state have a 'lifespan' though, and maybe it would be better to start thinking about what comes next for Sooner Mall rather than waiting for the bitter end.

Now about the quoted text above... speaking only for myself I do intend to vote against Rosenthal if she comes up for re-election. But you know the person I really hold responsible is the City Manager. It's his full-time, professional job to think about everything we have been talking about here, and as far as I can tell, just by looking at our recent developments, he is not someone I want to see continue in that position. I'm just tired of the 'good enough' attitude that seems to permeate Norman. I will no longer vote for any councilor who expresses confidence in City Manager Steve Lewis.