Widgets Magazine

Thread: University Town Center

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Can we just take that and copy it for UNP?

It is disturbing that even in Moore they are talking about a lifestyle center there now and we can get this stupid one built. Rosenthal seems to be sleeping.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2997240&type=1

Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Can we just take that and copy it for UNP?
    St Johns Town Center has it is own screw-ups as well. They have condos on site but they put a pond in-between it and the shopping which require people living on site to have to drive a 1/2 mile to go to a store that is 100 feet from their front door.

Silly place for a matt shack in my opinion. I think another casual dining or fast foodie shack would be a better fit right there. But, I don't get to decide such things.

Yep, seems out of place. And it will be a Mathis Bros mattress store after looking it up. Apparently the land cost them $1.1 million.

Things like the Mathis Brothers mattress store will bring people to Norman from smaller communities like Purcell, Blanchard, Lexington, and Pauls Valley. I wish they had put more stores like this in the middle of the development but the Mathis Bros store is a major anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    ... the Mathis Bros store is a major anchor.
    My oh my. I suppose UNP has completely jumped the shark if folks start to see it as group of shops near where the mathis family sell mattresses. Wasn't target being a major anchor humbling enough?

I don't have strong feelings for or against the Mathis Bros. store, but the location is awful. It's too large for that space, and it blocks the other restaurants. Clearly, a restaurant should have gone there to complement Logan's and Cheddar's. I don't know why they allowed it there.

In a recent Transcript article, they mentioned that Chuy’s and Ted’s Cafe Escondido were denied locations in UNP because "marketing and architectural models desired by those companies did not match with the North Park project." I'd really like to know what they mean by that because it seems like having those restaurants there would be a better than the Mathis Brother's store. It's hard to believe their architectural models were less appropriate than Logan's (which is fine, but it certainly doesn't look like it was custom built for UNP).

I see your point...

Thread Information